6630 23 2022-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I got my Mini3pro with RC and fly more plus last week.... the drone basically is all fine so far but the new RC is NOT!
I flied totally 6 times, 3 out of 6 have the title issues.  The system hang up and I need to switch off the RC in order to bring the drone back.....
I am very disappointed and it sort of remind me my previous smart controller with Mavic Air 2S, but the smart controller didn't hang up at least.  I already update to all lastest firmware but the situation still happened.  I hope DJI can come up with solution soon as it is very difficult and dangerous to fly Mini3Pro now with RC.  

Strongly suggest person still consider this package don't buy until DJI come up with a solution.

2022-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you put a SD card in the controller?   I had this behaviour from the Smart Controller and it was caused by the SD card,  when I replaced it all was fine,    Its easy to test just remove the SD card.       Ive got 16 miles of flight on my Mini3 and no lagging from the controller at all.  Is even smoother than iPhone 13 pro max and N1 controller
2022-5-24
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 01:39
Have you put a SD card in the controller?   I had this behaviour from the Smart Controller and it was caused by the SD card,  when I replaced it all was fine,    Its easy to test just remove the SD card.       Ive got 16 miles of flight on my Mini3 and no lagging from the controller at all.  Is even smoother than iPhone 13 pro max and N1 controller

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I did put a 128G Samsung Evo Plus which I used in my Mavic 2 Pro previous.  I did the same switch on my smart Controller but not much improve so I end up sold it.  
I was surprised to hear that RC is better than N1 controller with iPhone.  For control wise I found out even if RC has no such lagging issue, it is still not better than N1 controller with iPhone in control especially all touch screen features.
2022-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAVICDLNM Posted at 5-24 17:48
Thanks for your reply.  Yes I did put a 128G Samsung Evo Plus which I used in my Mavic 2 Pro previous.  I did the same switch on my smart Controller but not much improve so I end up sold it.  
I was surprised to hear that RC is better than N1 controller with iPhone.  For control wise I found out even if RC has no such lagging issue, it is still not better than N1 controller with iPhone in control especially all touch screen features.

I guess you have a faulty one then,   its really a step up for me here to the Smart controller and the N1
2022-5-24
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DAFlys Posted at 5-24 22:51
I guess you have a faulty one then,   its really a step up for me here to the Smart controller and the N1

I have already sold my old smart controller as it work not well with DJI Fly, may be I have the first gen of the product because I bought it once it release.  Anyway refer to my RC which is faulty one but hope not.  Since I notice there are quite a number users in my area has exactly the same problem.
2022-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello, there. We are greatly sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide us with a related screenshot for our further reference?
2022-5-25
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 5-25 19:27
Hello, there. We are greatly sorry for the late reply. Could you please provide us with a related screenshot for our further reference?

Hi thanks for reply.
I had a screen recording video but not sure how to upload.  So I just post a screen shoot here.  Those white dots are my instruction tried to give to the RC but completely no response.  For your information I update everything to the latest.  I fly totally six times and 3 out of 6 has below issues.
1. Control lagging especially everything on the touch screen.
2. Screen delay when I get over 2km
3. the RC completely hang up after mini3pro up in sky for a while, so I have to switch off the RC in order execute the return home feature.

The most frustration is control lagging and many users said might relate to the map download, once you touch the map at lower left corner then the lagging start to build up until RC complete dead!
RC hang.jpg
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MAVICDLNM Posted at 5-25 19:41
Hi thanks for reply.
I had a screen recording video but not sure how to upload.  So I just post a screen shoot here.  Those white dots are my instruction tried to give to the RC but completely no response.  For your information I update everything to the latest.  I fly totally six times and 3 out of 6 has below issues.
1. Control lagging especially everything on the touch screen.

Thanks for your reply. You are advised to upload the video to Google Drive/ Dropbox and send the link to us. We will forward it to our engineer for further analysis. Thank you.
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we have now located the issue and will optimize it with the firmware update.
Currently, please go to the map in the app, disable "Regulatory Restricted Zones" and "Approved Zones" as the screenshot shows below. See if this solves the issue.
2022-5-27
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 5-27 01:01
Hi there, we have now located the issue and will optimize it with the firmware update.
Currently, please go to the map in the app, disable "Regulatory Restricted Zones" and "Approved Zones" as the screenshot shows below. See if this solves the issue. [view_image]

Hi Susan

Thanks for your temporary solution and confirmed by other that can solve this deadly problem of RC with Mini3pro.  Unfortunately NOT mine, my RC just turn to be unstable in flying until my 7th flight.  The C1 button is totally malfunction and keep on beeping when my finger close to the button of RC.  It is very weird and after sent videos to your service Center they decided request me to return the RC immediately.  Quite disappointed 10days experience and hopefully your service Center can return me a working RC soon.
2022-5-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Currently, please go to the map in the app, disable "Regulatory Restricted Zones" and "Approved Zones" as the screenshot shows below. See if this solves the issue. [view_image]

Hi Susan

Thanks for your temporary solution and confirmed by other that can solve this deadly problem of RC with Mini3pro.  Unfortunately NOT mine, my RC just turn to be unstable in flying until my 7th flight.  The C1 button is totally malfunction and keep on beeping when my finger close to the button of RC.  It is very weird and after sent videos to your service Center they decided request me to return the RC immediately.  Quite disappointed 10days experience and hopefully your service Center can return me a working RC soon.
2022-5-29
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

downlaod dji assistant 2 on pc and refresh rcu firmware - helped for me - my rcu also lagged and even displayed black screen while drone was still controlled by it - unit i made this trick
2022-5-30
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

bxq Posted at 5-30 11:21
downlaod dji assistant 2 on pc and refresh rcu firmware - helped for me - my rcu also lagged and even displayed black screen while drone was still controlled by it - unit i made this trick

Thanks for your tips and quite sure the current firmware won't help at all.  But DJI Susan above already post the get around method and it works!  The problem is definitely with the Map download during flight, either you turn off the WIFI or as Susan suggest.  
Unfortunately my RC is broken for bad QC and already return to DJI for exchange.
2022-5-30
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

Helped me for lagging RCU UI so am sharing, as form maps i think - but might and probably is a placebo - that drone with Internet connection from eg. AP on your mobile have better signal range.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 5-29 02:04
Hi Susan

Thanks for your temporary solution and confirmed by other that can solve this deadly problem of RC with Mini3pro.  Unfortunately NOT mine, my RC just turn to be unstable in flying until my 7th flight.  The C1 button is totally malfunction and keep on beeping when my finger close to the button of RC.  It is very weird and after sent videos to your service Center they decided request me to return the RC immediately.  Quite disappointed 10days experience and hopefully your service Center can return me a working RC soon.

I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know if you have sent the unit back? The local team will check it when they receive the unit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2022-6-1
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Susan Posted at 6-1 04:26
I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know if you have sent the unit back? The local team will check it when they receive the unit. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your concern.  I have already sent back the RC and it has been taken care.
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 6-1 06:01
Thanks for your concern.  I have already sent back the RC and it has been taken care.

Thank you for your update. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to ask.
2022-6-2
Use props
ganghuang_mail
lvl.1
United States

I got brand new Mavic 3 Cine and RC a few days ago. I have the same RC screen lagging issue, just applied the workaround, can't wait to test it out tomorrow.
2022-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ganghuang_mail@yahoo.com Posted at 7-12 18:14
I got brand new Mavic 3 Cine and RC a few days ago. I have the same RC screen lagging issue, just applied the workaround, can't wait to test it out tomorrow.

Hi there, sorry for the issue, we have pushed the engineers for the update, hopefully, an update will be available soon.
2022-7-13
Use props
ganghuang_mail
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-13 05:05
Hi there, sorry for the issue, we have pushed the engineers for the update, hopefully, an update will be available soon.

Hi Susan

I tried the workaround today, it works for the first couple of minutes (maybe), then it started lagging again consistently! I didn't fly the drone far at all, less than 400 meters only. I am going to Europe in 3 weeks, what is the process to request the replacement of the RC? I would appreciate if I can get a replacement ASAP so that I have some time to practice before the long trip.

Thanks,
Gang
Cell Phone: 5104494341
2022-7-13
Use props
ganghuang_mail
lvl.1
United States

ganghuang_mail@yahoo.com Posted at 7-13 12:14
Hi Susan

I tried the workaround today, it works for the first couple of minutes (maybe), then it started lagging again consistently! I didn't fly the drone far at all, less than 400 meters only. I am going to Europe in 3 weeks, what is the process to request the replacement of the RC? I would appreciate if I can get a replacement ASAP so that I have some time to practice before the long trip.

Also, RC lost connection with the drone 2 or 3 times today.
2022-7-13
Use props
bgreenstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 709495 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Mini 3 yesterday, and this was the first problem I discovered on my first flight.  The map was utterly useless as the lag between action and map update was on the order of seconds.  It made it nearly impossible to fly the drone back along the home trajectory line.  I did the latest firmware updates, so I'm guessing this problem has not yet been resolved by the engineers at DJI.  I'll try the suggested temporary fix today and see what happens, but by the sound of it it won't help for long.
2022-7-31
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

bgreenstone Posted at 7-31 06:23
I just got my Mini 3 yesterday, and this was the first problem I discovered on my first flight.  The map was utterly useless as the lag between action and map update was on the order of seconds.  It made it nearly impossible to fly the drone back along the home trajectory line.  I did the latest firmware updates, so I'm guessing this problem has not yet been resolved by the engineers at DJI.  I'll try the suggested temporary fix today and see what happens, but by the sound of it it won't help for long.

Have you tried to deselect the check boxes of No Fly zone and warning zone?  There is a problem for that since DJI RC and mini3pro launch especially if you use the RC.  These issue prevent the map keep loading and cost the RC hang up, which DJI mentioned it has been solve with latest update but I don't think so... as my flight recently still has RC slow response issue.
2022-7-31
Use props
djiuser_csMcn89Ytoie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32041 ft
United States

I have been having issues with mine lagging as well on my air 2s and my Mavic 3 pro.  I have one that came with my Mavic 3 pro I think I’m going to try that one next and see if it does the same thing
2023-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules