1881 30 2022-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only vote if you have or have seem/felt the Mini 3. Vote for either the drone and or RC controller
Single SelectVote, Total 36 people participate in voting
75.00% (27)
25.00% (9)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-5-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What means "cheap"? I feel cheap at times but then again so does my Wife...fortunately for me ;-)
2022-5-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 5-24 21:12
What means "cheap"? I feel cheap at times but then again so does my Wife...fortunately for me ;-)

The point is you decide
For those Americans amongst us perhaps I should have said cheaply made
2022-5-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

In my hands it feels like cheap plastic and feels like it will break very easily if not careful with it but then again it’s a mini drone and light plastic material has to be used to keep it with weight
2022-5-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the drone feels really well made but the controller is cheap,  looks a bit like a toy,  especially the gimbals.  
2022-5-24
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 5-24 21:12

Oh! oh! I foresee a hospital visit for you GD.
2022-5-25
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-24 21:20
The point is you decide
For those Americans amongst us perhaps I should have said cheaply made

Your question lacks context. Cheap as compared to what? Mini and Mini2 or their higher end drones? controller compared to Mini 1, RC-N1 or RC Pro? Or other brands?
2022-5-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont have my rc yet but i wouldn't be able to tell you until i knew it's price as well.
2022-5-25
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

The drone must be light to stay under the 250 gram, so you can't use high grade plastics/metals.
The remote with build in screen you can't compare it to the Pro controler that cost 900 Euro.....
2022-5-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-25 17:04
i dont have my rc yet but i wouldn't be able to tell you until i knew it's price as well.

I would be surprised if its over $200 as a standalone unit considering the price difference for the MM3P with DJI RC and N1 remotes.
2022-5-25
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Hell yes, it feels like a cheap $2 shop toy. The controller feels better but the drone feels cheap.
2022-5-25
Use props
MattFea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531719 ft
United Kingdom

Feels the same as the Mini 2 to me which was an improvement again over the Mini 1, especially prop arm sturdiness.

Think people need to appreciate what they have crammed into a 249g drone. It's not going to be built like a Mavic 3!

The controller doesn't feel "cheap", but again it's a fraction of the cost of the RC Pro so expectations have to align at some point.
2022-5-26
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-25 23:50
Hell yes, it feels like a cheap $2 shop toy. The controller feels better but the drone feels cheap.

As compared to what other sub 250g drone that you have owned?
2022-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Comparing it to Mini 1/ 2 I think its pretty well made, looks a lot better than some photos I’ve seen. Well put together, weight is probably what makes it feel cheaper. Was really impressed with Remote Control, I like that it feels light very comfortable to grip and hold screen is excellent. Hopefully it can keep improving with time and will be available to use with other craft old and new. As a package for travel its excellent , will report what its like to fly and film/photo when I get a chance to fly.
Stocked it still fits in my old small bag with new remote room for 2 more batteries and my osmo action or pocket 2.

7BCDE58E-17AE-4B38-87D4-5B8EDD7013B7.jpeg
2022-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 5-25 01:01
Oh! oh! I foresee a hospital visit for you GD.

Haha. Good one. She loves the cheap "stuff". If I am in the hospital, she is making out with my doctor ... while I watch ;-)

OK but to be clear, in my country the term "cheap" had overtones not always meant to be complimentarily, originally pointed at Japanese products in the 1960's.....which eventualy outsurpassed ours ;-)  As a production engineer, I know it it has no real significance.

2022-5-26
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Mine just arrived, first impression the drone looks good, same goes to the DJI RC. However there's few tiny imperfections on the RC itself.

1. The flight switch (C-N-S) seems slightly loose attached that it rattles while I was wiping the screen to put on tempered glass. I hope it stays attached as I didn't notice this on both my Mavic RC switches.

2. I'm sure I can see tiny gaps on some parts of the screen edges top and bottom while applying the screen protector, which also I could notice somewhat aluminum fittings underneath. So best to avoid flying in heavy rain condition.

Other than that, I'm loving it!
2022-5-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nazar78 Posted at 5-26 21:17
Mine just arrived, first impression the drone looks good, same goes to the DJI RC. However there's few tiny imperfections on the RC itself.

1. The flight switch (C-N-S) seems slightly loose attached that it rattles while I was wiping the screen to put on tempered glass. I hope it stays attached as I didn't notice this on both my Mavic RC switches.

Funny ya say that, i saw an image earlier on here and the flight mode switch was lobsided, i did think that that in itself looks cheap/tacky

The rain issue is a little disconcerting, anyone else noticed this on their screen?
2022-5-26
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure you should ever be flying a DJI drone in the rain…………Perhaps give it a go flying under water why not
2022-5-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-26 22:37
Not sure you should ever be flying a DJI drone in the rain…………Perhaps give it a go flying under water why not

Folks get caught out in the rain, it happens, so its good to know that it will be an issue with the DJI RC, whilst not so much with a waterproof phone like mine...
2022-5-27
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Bashy Posted at 5-27 02:03
Folks get caught out in the rain, it happens, so its good to know that it will be an issue with the DJI RC, whilst not so much with a waterproof phone like mine...

Yes, a very sensible reason. A few times got caught in an unexpected rain, once flew through heavy snow but then again the Mavic RCs are quite tough. Can't say that much about the DJI RC though so I'll take better precautions.

I do however glad that I chose the RC instead of the RC-N1 because today after quite a while since I flew, the DJI app crashed wouldn't open on my Note 20 Ultra despite clearing data. Must be the Android 12 issues I saw in the other posts. Imagine first day you receive your drone then the app says no go lol....
2022-5-27
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I held the Mini 3 with my Mini 1 and I literally thought that the 3 was much heavier, it wasn't but the fact that it felt heavier meant that it was feeling much better quality.  I don't know how DJI have done that.  The controller with the screen is the best thing DJI have done for us hobbyist flyers and that too feels good quality for the price.  No more fiddling about on android phone, up in the sky within seconds.  I for one am very impressed.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 5-27 09:17
I held the Mini 3 with my Mini 1 and I literally thought that the 3 was much heavier, it wasn't but the fact that it felt heavier meant that it was feeling much better quality.  I don't know how DJI have done that.  The controller with the screen is the best thing DJI have done for us hobbyist flyers and that too feels good quality for the price.  No more fiddling about on android phone, up in the sky within seconds.  I for one am very impressed.

Join the impressed and very pleased club
2022-5-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nazar78 Posted at 5-27 08:14
Yes, a very sensible reason. A few times got caught in an unexpected rain, once flew through heavy snow but then again the Mavic RCs are quite tough. Can't say that much about the DJI RC though so I'll take better precautions.

I do however glad that I chose the RC instead of the RC-N1 because today after quite a while since I flew, the DJI app crashed wouldn't open on my Note 20 Ultra despite clearing data. Must be the Android 12 issues I saw in the other posts. Imagine first day you receive your drone then the app says no go lol....

If i do get the Mini 3 over the Air 2s then i will certainly buy the DJI RC, for the price difference, it makes sense, I would get rid of the Mini 2 and buy a used N1 remote so i can use my Note 20 Ultra in full sun etc.

I have not seen any app crashes on my Note 20 Ultra 5g with my Mini 2
2022-5-27
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Yes, the Controller feels not  good!.. espacily the stearing mechanics feels on the RC first tim like on a  40€ toy drone (you hear the springs). All old DJI Controller and also the N1 feels way better made. I would deffently get the N1 if it would have the size of the old Mavic Controller. Don't get why DJI makes all Controller that big??? ...A Mini Drone makes no sense wir this big Controllers. Even my Mavic AIR Set is smaller than my Mini 3 package! ...I with, DJI would give us a new done in size/weght/quality like the original Mavic AIR was.
2022-5-28
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Bashy Posted at 5-27 18:10
If i do get the Mini 3 over the Air 2s then i will certainly buy the DJI RC, for the price difference, it makes sense, I would get rid of the Mini 2 and buy a used N1 remote so i can use my Note 20 Ultra in full sun etc.

I have not seen any app crashes on my Note 20 Ultra 5g with my Mini 2

Yes, that is my plan as well getting a used N1 for cheap
2022-5-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-27 02:03

How would you know if it is an issue...... Have you handled one... Is the N1 any better.

Until you have the Drone why should anyone take you seriously
2022-5-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-28 02:25
How would you know if it is an issue...... Have you handled one... Is the N1 any better.

Until you have the Drone why should anyone take you seriously

You just dont get it do it, some people like to find out all they can before they decide what to buy, you are different, you like to jump in head 1st.

We get it, you're very happy with your frog, now let some of us do our research and as questions and have the healthy debates. Thats what these forums are for. I will not stop just because i do not have the Mini 3 Pro.

If you don't like my answers, to your ridiculous quips, then don't quip, its that simple.
2022-5-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-28 04:24
You just dont get it do it, some people like to find out all they can before they decide what to buy, you are different, you like to jump in head 1st.

We get it, you're very happy with your frog, now let some of us do our research and as questions and have the healthy debates. Thats what these forums are for. I will not stop just because i do not have the Mini 3 Pro.

Like to find out...... How much more finding out do you need to do.

God help anyone if they ask you if you want tea of Coffee............
2022-5-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-28 06:35
Like to find out...... How much more finding out do you need to do.

God help anyone if they ask you if you want tea of Coffee............

Nescafe cappuccinos'...
2022-5-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So the It is not cheap vote is galloping ahead
2022-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can't say about 'feel' but it does not 'look' cheap. (and it is not cheap in my books either )
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules