No Camera View on Mobile (Android Samsung S21)
9973 254 2022-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_C65vHU1naIMA Posted at 10-1 07:29
Hi all.
I have also a DJI mini se with the same sintoms as all...
S22 ultra with last updates dji 1.75... still no image/camera...

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please note that our team has been working on fixing this issue. We will urge our team to finish it ASAP.
2022-10-2
Use props
ExpediTom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 773635 ft
Switzerland

So there are so many people who experience problems using your software with Android devices. When does DJI address this issue and add support for newer mobile phones?
I'm sure DJI is concerned about their reputation, which is really taking hit right now.
2022-10-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ExpediTom Posted at 10-4 22:06
So there are so many people who experience problems using your software with Android devices. When does DJI address this issue and add support for newer mobile phones?
I'm sure DJI is concerned about their reputation, which is really taking hit right now.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.  As DJI Thor mentioned, our teams are still working on the issue. We will update it as soon as possible. If you have urgent missions, we would recommend you change to other compatible phones as a temporary solution. At the same time, please check that your App version is the latest version downloaded from the official website. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_YK2uphEejz2z
lvl.1

United States

I have a mini 2 using a Google pixel 4. I have no camera view. Please tell me how to fix. I am using latest version of dji app
2022-10-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_YK2uphEejz2z Posted at 10-11 09:29
I have a mini 2 using a Google pixel 4. I have no camera view. Please tell me how to fix. I am using latest version of dji app

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try to reinstall the APP from our official website to see if it works? Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/ca/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-10-11
Use props
djiuser_70dzoQcJQkLm
New
Flight distance : 656755 ft
Greece

Hi I just bought samsung s22 and I have the same issue with black screen... I have downloaded the last dji fly from the official site but it was the same... I have the Mavic mini thanks in advance
2022-10-16
Use props
monkey_penny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68100 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2022-5-29 19:25
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. I have sent a PM to you, please check it.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, with a regular DJI controller and a Pixel 6 phone.  The drone camera's feed to my phone is intermittent, even when sitting three feet away from the controller/phone.  All other controls seem to work fine.  I lost the camera connection: while in a flight ~100 feet away; while in flight 10 feet away; while inside the house 3 feet away from the controller/phone.

Troubleshooting I've tried so far:
*Three different controller-phone cables.
*Using different controller ports for the cables.
*Refreshing the firmware (to the latest versions) of both the drone and controller.
*Uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app.
*Reformatted the micro SD card.  
*Removed the SD card.
*Reset camera settings to default.

Other notes:
*The gimbal works fine in all directions, as does the zoom.
*The done can take photos and movies, and store them on the SD card or in drone memory.
*Even while sitting next to the controller and the connected phone, the image from the camera on my screen goes from color to black & white (indicating lost connection), while all other controller functions continue to work.  The color (i.e., live) image comes back at unpredictable times.  
*The connection between the controller and drone works fine (e.g., the drone receives and responds to commands & sends it status).
*The controller's status screen indicates 5 bars of signal strength.
*The drone is 'new to me'.  No crashes, hard landings, etc., and no observable damage, etc.

I welcome ideas to fix this.  Thank you.
2023-1-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

monkey_penny Posted at 1-17 17:08
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, with a regular DJI controller and a Pixel 6 phone.  The drone camera's feed to my phone is intermittent, even when sitting three feet away from the controller/phone.  All other controls seem to work fine.  I lost the camera connection: while in a flight ~100 feet away; while in flight 10 feet away; while inside the house 3 feet away from the controller/phone.

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please check the following details and keep us updated:
1. May we confirm whether the original video on the microSD card also has the same problem or it is normal?
2. Please check your remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).
4. Please check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment.
5. Please check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.)
6. Please check whether the device is too hot. (Cool it for a while before the flight. For most mobile devices, when the temperature rises to a certain threshold value, it will automatically decelerate the data processing speed.)
7. Please check whether the device is on the compatibility list (we recommend changing to a device on the compatibility list and trying again).
Thanks in advance.

2023-1-18
Use props
monkey_penny
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-18 01:31
Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please check the following details and keep us updated:
1. May we confirm whether the original video on the microSD card also has the same problem or it is normal?
2. Please check your remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).

Hello, Thank you for engaging.

Here are my responses; you'll likely see, unfortunately, that none of them provide additional insight.

1. The problem exists both when the microSD card is inserted and not inserted.
2. I have ensured the RC antenna are in optimal positions (e.g., 45 degrees in flight, and otherwise well-positioned relative to the drone).
4. No interference is indicated in the flight environment.  I have tried multiple open-space locations, including two feet away from the drone.
5. Channel selection is set to Auto on RC.
6. The device is at normal operating temperature; I experience the lack of camera feed both at first-start (everything is cold), and when on for several minutes.
7. My modern, updated Android phone (Pixel 6) is on the compatibility list, and I am using the latest GO 4 app version.

2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

monkey_penny Posted at 1-18 04:59
Hello, Thank you for engaging.

Here are my responses; you'll likely see, unfortunately, that none of them provide additional insight.

Thanks for the updated information.
If you check the above steps and still meet this problem, it is recommended to send us your product for further checking. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2023-1-18
Use props
monkey_penny
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-5-28 01:30
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. I have sent a PM to you, please check it.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, with a regular DJI controller and a Pixel 6 Android phone.  The drone camera's feed to my phone is intermittent (or sometimes doesn't work at all), even when the done is sitting three feet away from the controller/phone.  I lost the camera connection: while in a flight ~100 feet away; while in flight 10 feet away; while inside the house 3 feet away from the controller/phone.  All other controls seem to work fine.  
Even while sitting next to the controller and the connected phone, the image from the camera on my screen goes from color to black & white (indicating lost connection), while all other controller functions continue to work.  The color (i.e., live) image comes back at unpredictable times (sometimes not at all).  
•        Three different controller-phone cables.
•        Using different controller ports for the cables.
•        Refreshing the firmware (to the latest versions) of both the drone and controller.
•        Uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app.
•        Reformatted the micro SD card.  
•        Removed the SD card.
•        Reset camera settings to default.
Other notes:
1.        Controls:
a.        The gimbal works fine in all directions, as does the zoom.  It moves correctly via dials on the controller, and via swipes on my phone’s screen.
2.        Memory card:
a.        The problem exists both when the microSD card is inserted and not inserted.  
b.        The drone can take photos and movies, and store them on the SD card (and take & store photos in drone memory when there’s no SD card).
3.        Connection:
a.        The controller's status screen indicates 5 bars of signal strength.
b.        The connection between the controller and drone works fine (e.g., the drone receives and responds to commands & sends it status).
c.        I have ensured the RC antenna are in optimal positions (e.g., 45 degrees in flight, and otherwise well-positioned relative to the drone).
d.        There is no interference is indicated in the flight environment.  I have tried multiple open-space locations, including two feet away from the drone.
e.        The channel selection is set to Auto on RC.
4.        Phones:
a.        My modern, updated Android phone (Pixel 6) is on the compatibility list, and I am using the latest GO 4 app version.
b.        I connected by done to a borrowed iPhone, and the drone’s video feed works fine at all times.
5.        Other
a.        The drone is 'new to me'.  No crashes, hard landings, etc., and no observable damage, etc.
b.        The device is at normal operating temperature; I experience the lack of camera feed both at first-start (everything is cold), and when on for several minutes.
I've seen many similar posts regarding lost/no video feed for Androids.  The fact that things work fine for me on an iPhone, combined with my other troubleshooting, seems to mean that sending in my drone for repair doesn't make sense.  I welcome ideas to fix this.  Thank you.
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

monkey_penny Posted at 1-29 17:56
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, with a regular DJI controller and a Pixel 6 Android phone.  The drone camera's feed to my phone is intermittent (or sometimes doesn't work at all), even when the done is sitting three feet away from the controller/phone.  I lost the camera connection: while in a flight ~100 feet away; while in flight 10 feet away; while inside the house 3 feet away from the controller/phone.  All other controls seem to work fine.  
Even while sitting next to the controller and the connected phone, the image from the camera on my screen goes from color to black & white (indicating lost connection), while all other controller functions continue to work.  The color (i.e., live) image comes back at unpredictable times (sometimes not at all).  

Hello, there. We have replied to you here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost
Please check.
2023-1-29
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

Hi. I've got the exact same issue but can't see how people are solving it... I've tried so many things but nothing has worked.

Using Samsung Galaxy S21 with Mavic 2. Works fine on my friend's Apple phone.

How is it taking this long for DJI to sort this out?? Can anyone share what's worked to fix it?
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R Posted at 2-28 16:59
Hi. I've got the exact same issue but can't see how people are solving it... I've tried so many things but nothing has worked.

Using Samsung Galaxy S21 with Mavic 2. Works fine on my friend's Apple phone.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
May we know did you install the DJI GO 4 APP from our website?
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-28 19:55
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
May we know did you install the DJI GO 4 APP from our website?
Here is the link:

Yeah, I'm using the latest DJI GO 4 version 4.3.54
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R Posted at 3-2 16:36
Yeah, I'm using the latest DJI GO 4 version 4.3.54

Hi there, you can visit the post below and try the suggestions in the post to see if the issue still exists. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_ax8QDqIULu7v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22444 ft
Spain

I have the same issue with my Samsung S21+ and Mavic pro

RC connects to drone but with no live camera feed
2023-4-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ax8QDqIULu7v Posted at 4-1 09:41
I have the same issue with my Samsung S21+ and Mavic pro

RC connects to drone but with no live camera feed

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you download it from our official website?
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic
2023-4-2
Use props
djiuser_ax8QDqIULu7v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-2 00:41
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you download it from our official website?
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic

Yes multiple times. I've also tried the app on the pixel 7 pro and the issue is present there

Thanks
2023-4-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_ax8QDqIULu7v Posted at 4-5 02:01
Yes multiple times. I've also tried the app on the pixel 7 pro and the issue is present there

Thanks

Would you please check the OS version of your phone and tell us? Thanks.
2023-4-5
Use props
djiuser_ax8QDqIULu7v
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-5 02:36
Would you please check the OS version of your phone and tell us? Thanks.

Android 13
Screenshot_20230406_165500_Settings.jpg
2023-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for the information provided. May I ask if there is any error message on the app? If you take a photo or video, is the original photo/video shows normally?
2023-4-7
Use props
PetrosMichael
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-7 01:06
Thanks for the information provided. May I ask if there is any error message on the app? If you take a photo or video, is the original photo/video shows normally?

Hi - after uninstalling the app multiple times it now seems to work.  I really can't think of what I've done differently. Anyway, it's working now so all good

Thanks for your help
2023-4-17
Use props
djiuser_k59YDHxumVCV
New
Flight distance : 215696 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2022-8-13 22:22
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The official version of DJI FLY APP has been updated on official website. Please reinstall the app and try again. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I’m having same issue. No camera view . Swapped phone from iPhone xr to iPhone 11 Pro Max. Camera view now lost after latest update. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dji fly app. Please help
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_k59YDHxumVCV Posted at 4-18 20:36
I’m having same issue. No camera view . Swapped phone from iPhone xr to iPhone 11 Pro Max. Camera view now lost after latest update. Uninstalled and reinstalled Dji fly app. Please help

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please confirm whether you connect the drone with the remote controller successfully?
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PetrosMichael Posted at 4-17 11:46
Hi - after uninstalling the app multiple times it now seems to work.  I really can't think of what I've done differently. Anyway, it's working now so all good

Thanks for your help

Sorry for the late reply. Glad to know it works now. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-4-20
Use props
pat hellak
New

Australia

S22+ AND A DJI Mini SE. Same Issue, what is the fix please as DJI wants me to pay to send away and fix but seems a software issue
2023-5-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

pat hellak Posted at 5-23 20:23
S22+ AND A DJI Mini SE. Same Issue, what is the fix please as DJI wants me to pay to send away and fix but seems a software issue

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you reinstall the DJI FLY APP from our website?
Here is the link:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mini-se
Also, please elaborate on your issue so that we can offer more troubleshooting steps.
2023-5-23
Use props
Corlatescu Cosmin
New

Germany

Hello,
Same issue with Samsung A41 android 12
What is solution?
Thx
2023-6-10
Use props
Corlatescu Cosmin
New

Germany

With DJI go 4
2023-6-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Corlatescu Cosmin Posted at 6-10 10:07
Hello,
Same issue with Samsung A41 android 12
What is solution?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Would you please tell us more information about your issue?
Did you try to reinstall the latest version from our website?
Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-6-10
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-2 22:22
Hi there, you can visit the post below and try the suggestions in the post to see if the issue still exists. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=279398&extra=page%3D1

Late reply but did end up trying these suggestions as well as others. Still not working.

When I reset the camera settings, it sometimes shows the image for a split second before turning grayscale and freezing. Gymbal and rc all work just not the video feed.

Tried reinstalling the latest Dji Go 4 app several times, as well as restarting my phone, drone/controller. I've tried different cables with no success.

Still using Samsung Galaxy S21fe (Android version 13), software (One UI 5.1). Drone: Mavic 2

Any further tips would be appreciated.
Screenshot_20230820_091419.jpg
Screenshot_20230820_091243.jpg
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R Posted at 8-19 15:39
Late reply but did end up trying these suggestions as well as others. Still not working.

When I reset the camera settings, it sometimes shows the image for a split second before turning grayscale and freezing. Gymbal and rc all work just not the video feed.

In this case, please provide us with the following information for further analysis:
1. Mobile device model and system version: Samsung Galaxy S21fe and Android version 13
2. A video showing the operation and issue:
3. App version, App Log, and the tested time:
2023-8-20
Use props
djiuser_gxItSXIjruKK
lvl.1

India

Same issue with s21fe, it is annoying, how are we suppose to fly?.
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_gxItSXIjruKK Posted at 9-16 01:34
Same issue with s21fe, it is annoying, how are we suppose to fly?.

You'd think dji would just fix the bug in their software that's causing this problem for everyone
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-20 00:32
In this case, please provide us with the following information for further analysis:
1. Mobile device model and system version: Samsung Galaxy S21fe and Android version 13
2. A video showing the operation and issue:

Is there a way I can show the specific part of the log needed i.e. search for a specific term in the log to check for an issue? The log seems to show a lot of info from my phone (all apps) that I'm hesitant to share. Made a video, which just shows the screen black, rc working as described etc
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R Posted at 9-18 19:41
Is there a way I can show the specific part of the log needed i.e. search for a specific term in the log to check for an issue? The log seems to show a lot of info from my phone (all apps) that I'm hesitant to share. Made a video, which just shows the screen black, rc working as described etc

You can follow the steps below to export the log:
1. Connect the Android device to a computer. Tap “Transfer files” in the “USB connection mode” appeared on the mobile phone.
2. Click the mobile phone icon in “My Computer” and go to internal storage.
3. Find the file path for logs: \DJI\dji.go.v4\LOG
4. Copy and paste the entire “LOG” file folder to the local drive and add the file folder to the compressed folder. Upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox and then send us the link here.
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Mindy. That was very useful! I'll PM you the link to the log folder.

I thought it might relate to the error in the crash folder:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error receiving broadcast Intent { act=com.dji.v4.accessory.USB flg=0x10 (has extras) } in dji.midware.usb.P3.DJIUsbAccessoryReceiver@f78ecd6
        at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args.lambda$getRunnable$0$android-app-LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args(LoadedApk.java:1928)
        at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher$Args$$ExternalSyntheticLambda0.run(Unknown Source:2) etc etc.
I enabled USB debugging and tried some other USB related settings but it didn't change anything. Maybe a separate issue but I've noticed the app sometimes switches the drone detection to Phantom 4 - even in the calibrate remote settings as shown in the screenshot. Image transfers look fine. It still takes images no problem - just no feed to see what you're taking.

2023-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_wjHsSOQ4Jh6R Posted at 9-20 15:08
Thanks Mindy. That was very useful!  I'll PM you the link to the log folder.

I thought it might relate to the error in the crash folder:

Thanks, I replied to your PM, please take a look.
2023-9-21
Use props
Ely Estanil
New

Philippines

I have same problem from DJI 3 transfer to my phone  s21...hoping someone can help me..thank you.
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules