564 24 2022-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi DJI,

Have a suggestion that wanted to share. DJI seems to do some voice alerts and text alerts on the screen. I thought of a potential improvement to DJI Fly app especially for pro level drones as Mavic 3 to utilize more voice alerts / prompts and microphone for user to respond potentially using some AI to acheive this.
It would be nice to make audible alerts if screen space is too small, using AI, i.e. alert your shutter speed is too high, did you forget to attach ND filter? Change exposure , state new value (acceptable range is ...).
Do you want to lower your exposure?
Your exposure is too high, lower your exposure.
It's too dark, increase your ISO.
Lighting conditions are too bright, would you like to lower your ISO or decrease Exposure value, state your response, acceptable range ...
You ISO is not optimal for these lighting conditions.
Your video denoizing is too high, increase or decrease your ISO or exposure.
Prompts via microphone: Say what ISO you want to switch to as a number, voice the acceptable range / values.
Say shutter speed you want to set your video to.
Say your color temperature you want to set your video to.
Noise level is too high, prompt for change in denoizing value with stated range i.e. 0 - 10, receive response from microphone.
Auto settings are not keeping up with your lighting conditions, would you like to switch to manual control?
You ND filter is too low, we suggest attaching ND filter with higher ND value.
Your video is overshapenned, would you like to lower sharpening, say the number in units by which you would like to lower your sharpening , range from 0 to 10.
Lighting is critically low - increase ISO? Suggested ISO - abc, acceptable value def, geh, ijk, lmo , please say what ISO you would like to change to.
Lightining is critically high - suggesting add ND filter.
Your video is overshappened, would you like to change this and that say Yes/No.

Sorry I am not an expert on all settings, but thought AI could help with these using voice alerts / prompt and using microphone to capture the response while providing acceptable range via voice prompt. Just one more point if this is possible to implement, please add a setting to turn this feature on or off for people who don't need this type of help.
Hope this makes sence.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
P.S. Also in general DJI could change DJI Fly app and attach to a botton a voice prompt feature that would allow user to quickly give a command to the drone without going through menues. For example: Set ISO 100. Set shutter speed 120. DJI could publish all acceptable commands in a manual and allow user to simply press a button on controller and give a qucik voice command to change a setting fast in real time.

2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-5-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

MZP, in theory, a great idea.  In reality, should DJI engineers get this feedback, they may just add more beeping.  : )
2022-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-25 21:30
MZP, in theory, a great idea.  In reality, should DJI engineers get this feedback, they may just add more beeping.  : )

No, not more beeping.  
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-25 21:12
Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Stephen
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-25 21:30

Hey Tony,

Thank you. I was actually hoping they would do it as a feature that could be turned on and off in settings only for people who may need it. I was also thinking more along the lines of DJI not using voice alerts and microphone input for things and also DJI for the most part don't do anything on monitoring video quality, they do this for flight quality etc, but don't seem to do much for video quality. But definitely wouldn't want constant beeping totally agree with you Maybe in a form of rolling warning output on the screen that user can also turn on or off and using microphone to allow people to run commands on the drone as screen real estate is small. But definitely wouldn't want to have constant beeping, totally agree with you

Thanks, Mike.

2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 02:29
No, not more beeping.

Hi Downtown RDB,

Totally agree, also not looking forward to just constant beeping, was thinking more about voice or rolling alerts on video quality in real time and opening up microphone to allow user to give commands to drone

Thanks, Mike.
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-26 05:37
Hi Downtown RDB,

Totally agree, also not looking forward to just constant beeping, was thinking more about voice or rolling alerts on video quality in real time and opening up microphone to allow user to give commands to drone

Just wanted to make one correction. Thinking if DJI could make use of controller microphone similar to what a smart speaker is. Like if it could constantly listen to microphone and when you say a keyword like  "OK DJI" it would wake up and listen to natural speech with embedded command to drone that user can give. Plus monitoring of video quality for people who just learning with scrolling warnings (both of these options enablable / disablable in Settings to be able to turn on or off for whoever needs these).
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-26 05:37
Hi Downtown RDB,

Totally agree, also not looking forward to just constant beeping, was thinking more about voice or rolling alerts on video quality in real time and opening up microphone to allow user to give commands to drone

Yeah, that would be fantastic Mike.
2022-5-26
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 12:02
Yeah, that would be fantastic Mike.

Thank you DowntownRDB
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mzp Posted at 5-26 05:29
Thank you DJI Stephen

Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for you support and have a nice day. .
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-26 15:19
Thank you DowntownRDB

You're very welcome.  Have a great weekend.
2022-5-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 04:08
You're very welcome.  Have a great weekend.

Thank you ,  you too!
2022-5-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 21:05
Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for you support and have a nice day.  .

you are welcome DJI Stephen, take care!
2022-5-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-26 05:35
Hey Tony,

Thank you. I was actually hoping they would do it as a feature that could be turned on and off in settings only for people who may need it. I was also thinking more along the lines of DJI not using voice alerts and microphone input for things and also DJI for the most part don't do anything on monitoring video quality, they do this for flight quality etc, but don't seem to do much for video quality. But definitely wouldn't want constant beeping totally agree with you Maybe in a form of rolling warning output on the screen that user can also turn on or off and using microphone to allow people to run commands on the drone as screen real estate is small. But definitely wouldn't want to have constant beeping, totally agree with you

Lol!  Yes, your suggestions are good and totally make sense for what can be done with voice reponsive apps.  Hopefully they have the ambition to do something like this.
2022-5-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-27 11:29
Lol!  Yes, your suggestions are good and totally make sense for what can be done with voice reponsive apps.  Hopefully they have the ambition to do something like this.

Lol Thank you Tony. This would make DJI drone first smart drone in the industry
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-27 05:40
Thank you ,  you too!

Thanks Mzp.    Planning a big Memorial Day weekend.
2022-5-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 18:21
Thanks Mzp.    Planning a big Memorial Day weekend.

You are welcome DowntownRDB, me too
2022-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-27 13:44
Lol Thank you Tony. This would make DJI drone first smart drone in the industry

True, they could claim "Powered by AI" etc and all the other things that marketing teams love.
2022-5-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-28 14:15
True, they could claim "Powered by AI" etc and all the other things that marketing teams love.

Yes for sure Tony. I think it would be welcomed  by many people. Just say "OK DJI - Home" and drone returns home or tells you the current status, remote disconnected RTH is in already in progress...
2022-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mzp Posted at 5-28 08:19
You are welcome DowntownRDB, me too

2022-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-27 11:29

This is an area that DJI should absolutely take a serious look at for implementation.
2022-5-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 02:56
This is an area that DJI should absolutely take a serious look at for implementation.

Yes, I agree.  It would be interesting to do, and it could allow the pilot to focus more on safety and the flight at hand.
2022-5-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you guys for supporting the idea. Hoping DJI would consider implementing it.
2022-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-29 06:37
Yes, I agree.  It would be interesting to do, and it could allow the pilot to focus more on safety and the flight at hand.

Now it's in DJI's court as they say in the sports field.
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules