646 9 2022-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABAZABA
New
Flight distance : 15026 ft
Canada

Hello,

I have a DJI Mini 2 Drone. I cannot seem to get the information off of my SD card. I have 2 mini SD cards,  and both same issue.

I am trying to pull it onto my Macbook air, using a sd card reader. Nothing comes up.. It only says ejected improperly when I take it out. but doesnt show it in my finder..

Any beginner advise? Would there be some formatting i need to do? Or does my mini sd reader not working?

Thank you!
Aaron
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Aaron. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. may we please know what is the specifications of your microSD card that you are using please? for reference I will post the list of recommended microSD card for the DJI Mini 2. Thank you.

2022-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are shooting a video be sure and stop the video before you turn off the drone or the footage will not be viewable.  The other item to check is make sure you are using a compatible SD card.  

Also, I format my SD cards in the drone before use and not on a MAC or PC.  
2022-5-26
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 02:04
If you are shooting a video be sure and stop the video before you turn off the drone or the footage will not be viewable.  The other item to check is make sure you are using a compatible SD card.  

Also, I format my SD cards in the drone before use and not on a MAC or PC.

I never had to format an SD card for anything (SanDisk Extreme) until I got my FPV. For the FPV, the recording process was funky and sporadic until I formatted both cards, in the AC and goggles respectively.

On the Mini-2s, my usual routine is to stop the recording immediately after touchdown, and I've never had a problem with an SD card not working properly. But, YMMV, because I'm using a PC.

Taking the card out with the aircraft on is Bad, and I think the manual says that.

Good luck!

TCS
2022-5-26
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I think we all seem to have different experiences.

I let the drone start the vid on the goggles and the drone.
I never stop the vid.
I always turn off the power after I land.
I format in the device.
I have hundreds of flights.
I have the Mavic pro, DJI FPV, and muli other drones.
I've lost 3 vids (1 crash 1 sig loss 1 didn't restart vid)
2022-5-26
Use props
ABAZABA
New
Flight distance : 15026 ft
Canada

SgtRay Posted at 5-26 18:57
I think we all seem to have different experiences.

I let the drone start the vid on the goggles and the drone.

Thanks for the reply’s

Question- what do you mean you format in the device?
2022-5-26
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

I used the app in the goggles to tell the drone to format the card and the same with the card in the goggles.

I never really needed to format I just do it because I can when the card is empty.
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-26 13:19
I never had to format an SD card for anything (SanDisk Extreme) until I got my FPV. For the FPV, the recording process was funky and sporadic until I formatted both cards, in the AC and goggles respectively.

On the Mini-2s, my usual routine is to stop the recording immediately after touchdown, and I've never had a problem with an SD card not working properly. But, YMMV, because I'm using a PC.

Have a great weekend.
2022-5-27
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 04:02
Have a great weekend.

To you as well!

Mine is already in progress!

:-)