Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

COMPLEX DRONE MOVES SIMPLIFIED - QUICKSHOTS ON THE DJI MINI 3

2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for posting this video that you have came upon. Nice find and have a nice day.
2022-5-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another nice find DA.  

I like that he used the Mt. Soledad National Veterans Memorial for his demo of quickshots.  The views from there are just amazing.  
2022-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 01:38
Another nice find DA.  

I like that he used the Mt. Soledad National Veterans Memorial for his demo of quickshots.  The views from there are just amazing.

No probs DT.   
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

How's the weather been today?  I know you had some rain yesterday.  I figured you got some of your indoor projects worked on yesterday.
2022-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 12:03
How's the weather been today?  I know you had some rain yesterday.  I figured you got some of your indoor projects worked on yesterday.

Windy again,  mid 30's.   I did send the drone up and got some shots of the nursery but it was too windy for my comfort although mini3 did behave well in the wind.   I then came home and painted 76ft of fences and the front panel to the radiator cover.   Today looks like it might be a repeat.  
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 22:54
Windy again,  mid 30's.   I did send the drone up and got some shots of the nursery but it was too windy for my comfort although mini3 did behave well in the wind.   I then came home and painted 76ft of fences and the front panel to the radiator cover.   Today looks like it might be a repeat.

I have read where several people remarked that the Mini3P handles the wind better than the Mini 2.  Think it's because of the larger props?
2022-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 05:08
I have read where several people remarked that the Mini3P handles the wind better than the Mini 2.  Think it's because of the larger props?

And then Ian in London said its worse.   I flew in 35mph yesterday and it was fine.  
2022-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 01:43
And then Ian in London said its worse.   I flew in 35mph yesterday and it was fine.

I remember watching his video and hearing him remark about that.  

As a norm I don't fly in really windy conditions.  Although, I have had a few gusts at upper altitudes surprise me once or twice.  Knew it was time to descend a bit or land at that point.
2022-5-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 05:48
I remember watching his video and hearing him remark about that.  

As a norm I don't fly in really windy conditions.  Although, I have had a few gusts at upper altitudes surprise me once or twice.  Knew it was time to descent a bit or land at that point.

Im finding the strong wind warning is probably a little sensitive.    If goes off with very little wind.   Maybe they will tune that with a firmware upgrade.  
2022-5-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-28 23:44
Im finding the strong wind warning is probably a little sensitive.    If goes off with very little wind.   Maybe they will tune that with a firmware upgrade.

I'm wondering if the skinnier arms going out to the motors makes it more susceptible to light up or down drafts and more easily setting off whatever measures the wind sensitivity?

In most videos I've watched it does seem to hover quite well with only minimal sway.
2022-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 05:08
I'm wondering if the skinnier arms going out to the motors makes it more susceptible to light up or down drafts and more easily setting off whatever measures the wind sensitivity?

In most videos I've watched it does seem to hover quite well with only minimal sway.

This arms are pretty stiff,  in fact the whole thing feels so much better that the mini2 does.
2022-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-29 23:30
This arms are pretty stiff,  in fact the whole thing feels so much better that the mini2 does.

That's good news to hear.  Seems from the Mini to the Mini 2 and now to the Mini 3 DJI has learned what works and what can work even better.  From what I have seen in the YT videos the Mni3P is a true beast in functionality (but not in size).  
2022-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 05:39
That's good news to hear.  Seems from the Mini to the Mini 2 and now to the Mini 3 DJI has learned what works and what can work even better.  From what I have seen in the YT videos the Mni3P is a true beast in functionality (but not in size).

I never had the mini1,  but mini 3 over mini 2 feels like a big step up.  they really upped their game.
2022-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks monty.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-30 23:49
I never had the mini1,  but mini 3 over mini 2 feels like a big step up.  they really upped their game.

I'm really glad they did.  I guess next we will have to see how they upgrade when they release the Air 3.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules