We need traditional poi orbit for mavic 3 with timed shots
2919 8 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john appleseed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119236 ft
United Kingdom

The way dji have implemented the poi function on the mavic 3 is a complete farse. with mavic 2 you could fly over the object drop a pin and start the orbit with accurate speed control and take timed photos. not with mavic 3. this rules out a large customer base that wanted to use this for photogrammetry. you cant drop a pin. you cant take timed photos in poi mode and you cant accurately control the speed. it also regularly loses tracking of the object even with stationary objects like a building.
one of the big advantages of the m2 poi orbit was you could set the pin and spin the drone 180 degrees and it would still orbit. what are dji playing at with these fake software limitations. m3 should have been put into go4 rather than their new very limited app. i guess their new model is charge more give less than you got before.
it will come a point soon where business will stop and people will jump ship to autel or other manufacturers as batteries etc become unavailable for m2.
is there any chance of these features being added in future? if not i guess we will either need to return our 50+ mavic 3's or wait until the sdk is out (which is when?)  and we can get away from their new poor app.

sort it out dji

rant over

2022-5-26
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I'm sure there is intelegent guys at DJI, but they need some professional drone pilots who will give them some ideas.

What i believe they have source code of DJI Go4 app but they don't know what is used why and how.

And one more difficulty the management seems creating pressure on them for new products. So they work simulteniously in several projects and releasing before finishing it. This is a way for business but not the best one.
2022-5-26
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

I would also love to see a proper POI orbit for the Mavic 3, really used this a lot on my Mavic 2 Pro and so miss not having it on the Mavic 3 with more advanced camera, come on DJI it's the flagship drone, get it done.
2022-5-26
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

same on same on ,
I feel some how this is downgrading for M3 comparing to M2P POI . I initially didn't realise M3 missing POI option and was checking around to figure it out eventually yes it is  not in  bones of M3 actually.
2022-5-29
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

+1,I agree, poi needs to be fixed ..
2022-5-29
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

I agree. However it really helps work on your orbiting skills.  Enjoy the opportunity to fly manually until dji gets head out of golden bull rear.
2022-5-31
Use props
john appleseed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119236 ft
United Kingdom

vsasolutions Posted at 5-31 16:37
I agree. However it really helps work on your orbiting skills.  Enjoy the opportunity to fly manually until dji gets head out of golden bull rear.
I completely agree. However when you are rolling out a training program to hundreds of pilots “get gud” isn’t an option lol
2022-5-31
Use props
trickedoutbiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1867448 ft
United States

I wish this was sorted out as well. I want the new Mavic 3 but I do not like how the POI works on it. I want to be able to manually set the POI spot. Not draw a box around it and "hope" the drone circles what I want it to circle.

Also, it is to my understanding that the Mavic 3 can also NOT take interval pics during POI mode? I want to be able to fly POI around a tower and take pictures of it every 2 seconds. How is this not possible? I feel like the POI on the Mavic 3 got really dumbed down and it does not work for my application anymore. Can this be changed in a firmware update? I wish the POI mode worked like the Phantom 4 series. That series really had it dialed in. Why did they have to go and change a good thing?
2022-10-26
Use props
Fly-by-wire
New
Canada

Rather disappointed this feature is not available with the "Enterprise" drones.  Having all mission mapping built-in would be a big step forward as well.  It's interesting that the newer DJI drones sell with fewer features than the previous model.
2022-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules