5645 38 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6485269 ft
Taiwan

Fly Mini, Create Big

DJI Mini 3 Pro is so tiny and very quiet!  I love both Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, but  I would spend more time flying Mini 3 Pro from now on …

The big difference between RC Pro and DJI RC: DJI RC cannot run any other app.  

It can only run DJI Fly app. I can use RC Pro as a tablet and install other apps.
I use Apkpure instead of Play Store on RC Pro. Neither the RC Pro nor the DJI RC can run Google Play Store.
The performance of RC Pro is faster than DJI RC. The weight of DJI RC 381g is much lighter than RC Pro 687g.  
The screen size of RC Pro (1000 nits) is slightly bigger than DJI RC (700 nits).

My Wish List:
  • 4K Mastershots
  • RC Pro is compatible with Mini 3 Pro
  • DJI RC is compatible with Mavic 3
  • Slow Motion in 4K 120fps
  • 4K 60fps HDR
  • Improve signal strength

DJI Mini 3 Pro Release Notes
http://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro
Date: 2022.05.17
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0100
DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0117
DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0100
DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.1
DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.1

What’s New?
• Added True Vertical Shooting.
• Added FocusTrack.
• Added APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems).
• Added Hyperlapse.
• Added MasterShots.
• Added QuickShots.
• Added QuickTransfer.
• Added Panorama.
• Added 4K/48fps, 4K/50fps, and 4K/60fps.
• Added 1080p/120fps to Slow Motion.
• Greatly improved image quality.
• Optimized flight stability.

Notes:
• The DJI RC-N1 remote controller can also be used with DJI Mini 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Air 2S and DJI Mavic 3
(requires DJI Fly v1.6.1 or later).

S__14295049.jpg

2022-5-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info and the examples.
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

Blériot53 Posted at 5-26 05:19
Thanks for the info and the examples.

Thank you for watching!   DJI Mini 3 Pro is so tiny and very quiet!  I love both Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, but  I would spend more time flying Mini 3 Pro from now on.  I will get my Fly More Combo with 47 min. batteries soon ...
2022-5-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 05:32
Thank you for watching!   DJI Mini 3 Pro is so tiny and very quiet!  I love both Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro, but  I would spend more time flying Mini 3 Pro from now on.  I will get my Fly More Combo with 47 min. batteries soon ...

My pleasure. When the Flymore combo becomes available in the UK, I shall place my oder for the Mini3. But not until then.
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

Blériot53 Posted at 5-26 06:14
My pleasure. When the Flymore combo becomes available in the UK, I shall place my oder for the Mini3. But not until then.

You can still buy Mini 3 Pro Standard Edition without the Flymore Como.  Let the fun begin, my friend!  
It supports Type-C PD fast charging, so you can use a portable powerbank or car charger to charge the battery quickly.
2022-5-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 06:54
You can still buy Mini 3 Pro Standard Edition without the Flymore Como.  Let the fun begin, my friend!  
It supports Type-C PD fast charging, so you can use a portable powerbank or car charger to charge the battery quickly.

No, it's all or nothing, for me. I'll wait until DJI have got their act together with the supply chain.
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats William on getting the Mini3P and sharing this short video.  

Bet you have been having a great week.  

My Mini3P is in transit but no firm delivery date yet from UPS.
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-26 11:41
Congrats William on getting the Mini3P and sharing this short video.  

Bet you have been having a great week.  

Congrats to you too!  It's now rainy season.  Hope good weather this weekend!   Happy flying, my friend!
2022-5-26
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 5-26 08:00
No, it's all or nothing, for me. I'll wait until DJI have got their act together with the supply chain.

Sounds like you are totally off the fence now! Congratulations

Me too! I have been hanging out for a better Telephoto on a Mavic 4,5,6 but that could be some time away and I think initially they won't have a 60 degree upward pointing camera like the Mini 3 Pro (on a Mavic 3s a least, Mavic 4 will probably have the new design but how long do you wait?)

In the end what sold me...
  • Extended battery (here in NZ at least)
  • Have had friends getting 6km range out of the Mini 3 pro in NZ and that's CE so that was impressive. I guess it really is about the amount of interference from both physical objects and radio interference (not good if in highly congested radio wave environment NZ generally isn't)
  • Ability to do 360 panos albeit the last 30% upwards done manually - so many new possibilities can now forget about having to have sky in the top 30% or so of the frame.
  • Vertical sensor for horizontal stitches providing higher resolution than you could get if matching total feild of view for a single horizontal frame
  • Ability to look up (a whole another world awaits including cool cloud shots!)
  • Better ability in wind
  • Active Track looks like the best I have seen from any DJI drone. Very natural and seems to miss even small branches (with leaves on) would still hit a wire I reckon.
  • From what I have seen 48MP takes the image to a different level if handled correctly (contrary to some opinions on this)
  • It's small and light, can fit in the back pack and I can also take the main camera
  • High ISO appears to have really low noise in 12 MP mode (See Pilot Institute video on 12-48MP comparison)
  • Finally if I buy 1 standard battery plus 5 extended batteries (2 as part of Flymore Combo) and an extra charger that's like going out with almost 4 hours flying time!! On car road trips I do just to take take photographs that will be so useful.

Arrives after the 7th June....

Cheers
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mavic3tw. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful first video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great work and thank you for your support.
2022-5-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-26 16:06

Me too! I have been hanging out for a better Telephoto on a Mavic 4,5,6 but that could be some time away and I think initially they won't have a 60 degree upward pointing camera like the Mini 3 Pro (on a Mavic 3s a least, Mavic 4 will probably have the new design but how long do you wait?)

Good morning
The 7th June will be your Xmas Day then
I shall have to wait a bit longer, as the Flymore Combo is not available in the UK at the moment - it doesn't even figure on the DJI Order page - and the earliest projected delivery date for the Drone and RC is 27 June.  There's no point in ordering one without the other, one battery is not really enough. And the extended running time version is not going to be sold to the UK.
The biggest selling points for me were low noise and wind resistance, Extended range is not something I'm likely to take advantage of, and since I tend to fly my drones over open countryside the issue of signal interference is minimal.  I'm recently into 360panos, and have been stitching them in post - including filling in the black hole at the top. So anything to ease that process will be a boon.  I'll be watching with interest as people post their experiences on here. And I'll take my turn when supply problems are ironed out.  Merry Delivery-Day  
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 19:06
Hello there mavic3tw. Good day and thank you for posting this wonderful first video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great work and thank you for your support.

Thank you Stephen !  May I request DJI for the following improvements/enhancement if possible?
1) 4K Mastershots
2) RC Pro is compatible with Mini 3 Pro
3) DJI RC is compatible with Mavic 3
4) Slow Motion in 4K 120fps
5) 4K 60fps HDR
6) Improve signal strength on DJI RC (DJI RC has no an external antenna)
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

Bussty Posted at 5-26 16:06

Me too! I have been hanging out for a better Telephoto on a Mavic 4,5,6 but that could be some time away and I think initially they won't have a 60 degree upward pointing camera like the Mini 3 Pro (on a Mavic 3s a least, Mavic 4 will probably have the new design but how long do you wait?)

Congrats to you too!  Mini 3 Pro is an awesome drone!  It's so convenient. I can put it in my liite shoulder bag and my wife doesn't even know I have another drone. ^_^.  Happy flying, my friend!   Cheers!  
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

Blériot53 Posted at 5-26 21:27
Good morning  
I shall have to wait a bit longer, as the Flymore Combo is not available in the UK at the moment - it doesn't even figure on the DJI Order page - and the earliest projected delivery date for the Drone and RC is 27 June.  There's no point in ordering one without the other, one battery is not really enough. And the extended running time version is not going to be sold to the UK.

I actually bought Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC,  Flymore Combo and  DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) from a local DJI reseller in Taiwan, so  I picked it up straight from the store, so I can get it quickly. Have a great weekend, my friend!  
2022-5-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 23:30
I actually bought Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC,  Flymore Combo and  DJI Care Refresh (2-year plan) from a local DJI reseller in Taiwan, so  I picked it up straight from the store, so I can get it quickly. Have a great weekend, my friend!

Hopefully, availability will improve in the UK soon.  Good weekend to you also
2022-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-5-26
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

DAFlys Posted at 5-26 23:55
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!  Have a great weekend, my friend!
2022-5-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavic3tw Posted at 5-27 00:06
Thank you!  Have a great weekend, my friend!

You're very welcome,  and you too.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 23:22
Congrats to you too!  Mini 3 Pro is an awesome drone!  It's so convenient. I can put it in my liite shoulder bag and my wife doesn't even know I have another drone. ^_^.  Happy flying, my friend!   Cheers!

Thank you! And sounds like you are really enjoying the Mini 3 Pro and it's inconspicuousness :-) I'm looking forward to that too in terms of not being noticed when in the air. Just have to wait now. Look forward to posting some results after it arrives so many new things it can do compared to my Mini. Cheers  
2022-5-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 5-26 21:27
Good morning  
I shall have to wait a bit longer, as the Flymore Combo is not available in the UK at the moment - it doesn't even figure on the DJI Order page - and the earliest projected delivery date for the Drone and RC is 27 June.  There's no point in ordering one without the other, one battery is not really enough. And the extended running time version is not going to be sold to the UK.

Good morning to you to sir.

Yes X-Mas comes early this year sorry to hear you have a wait still. At least if we all discover motors fall off after 30 flight you'll be in a good position to pull the pin

Sounds like the low noise is really noticeable compared to previous drones so a very good thing. Good to see you are in to 360 panos the Mini 3 Pro was built for that!

We will keep you posted of our experiences (of course! that's what we do )  

Cheers
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 13:52
Congrats to you too!  It's now rainy season.  Hope good weather this weekend!   Happy flying, my friend!

Hopefully the weather lets up so you can at least get a few flights in.  Have a fantastic weekend William.  
2022-5-27
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

thanks for the info
2022-5-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-27 02:56
Good morning to you to sir.

Yes X-Mas comes early this year sorry to hear you have a wait still. At least if we all discover motors fall off after 30 flight you'll be in a good position to pull the pin

I quite shamelessly wait until you eager beavers have discovered any teething troubles before pitching in with a purchase. That has been my Modus Operandi for five years and four drone acquisitions.
With the help of  N.O.T. and his tutorial, I've figured out how to assemble 360panos using the Mavic Mini One - but had to fly it with third party software to get the required images.  And figured out how to fill in the hole in the sky, too   But it's a bit of a faff, so if the Mini3 does all the hard work that is another bonus. I'd a;ready decided to leapfrog straight from the Mini1 to the Mini3 without experiencing the Mini2.  
Have a good weekend
2022-5-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My flymore is on its way in UK
2022-5-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-27 21:47
My flymore is on its way in UK

Still doesn't figure on the DJI Store. The only available accessory is an SD card
Out of stock at Heliguy  too.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 5-27 06:37
I quite shamelessly wait until you eager beavers have discovered any teething troubles before pitching in with a purchase. That has been my Modus Operandi for five years and four drone acquisitions.
With the help of  N.O.T. and his tutorial, I've figured out how to assemble 360panos using the Mavic Mini One - but had to fly it with third party software to get the required images.  And figured out how to fill in the hole in the sky, too   But it's a bit of a faff, so if the Mini3 does all the hard work that is another bonus. I'd a;ready decided to leapfrog straight from the Mini1 to the Mini3 without experiencing the Mini2.  
Have a good weekend

Excellent! I can imagine what the fix is for the Mini1 but probably not going go work if 20M off the ground and surrounded by something solid. I think the only fix for that is the Mini 3 Pro!   Can't wait!

I have been loading the 360x180 into Affinity going into Equirectangular Projection, positioning the hole so it is literally a hole in the middle of the frame, selecting Alpha Range Partially Transparent then going Edit/Inpaint has been doing wonders with a little titivation! I'm guessing you are pointing the Mini up manually to capture clouds/sky then adjusting? That should all soon be a thing of the past!  Really looking forward to getting into some gorges and doing 360X180's

You have a good weekend to!  
2022-5-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-28 03:18
Excellent! I can imagine what the fix is for the Mini1 but probably not going go work if 20M off the ground and surrounded by something solid. I think the only fix for that is the Mini 3 Pro!   Can't wait!

I have been loading the 360x180 into Affinity going into Equirectangular Projection, positioning the hole so it is literally a hole in the middle of the frame, selecting Alpha Range Partially Transparent then going Edit/Inpaint has been doing wonders with a little titivation! I'm guessing you are pointing the Mini up manually to capture clouds/sky then adjusting? That should all soon be a thing of the past!  Really looking forward to getting into some gorges and doing 360X180's

I've used the Pocket2 laying on its back looking vertically upwards, for images of big sky to infill.  It's not an exact science - more trial and error
Enjoy your weekend too
2022-5-28
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Mastershots are 4k, you just have to change it from 1080P. Just tried it, so not sure why you say they are only in 1080P
2022-5-28
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

I just found YouTube Short cannot be displayed in this Forum. So you may click on the link to watch the short video https://youtube.com/shorts/xE9OAIPUIck?feature=share
2022-5-28
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

sbonev Posted at 5-28 10:25
Mastershots are 4k, you just have to change it from 1080P. Just tried it, so not sure why you say they are only in 1080P

I got only 1080p Mastershots stored in MicroSD, not 4K.    282882257_759037945533361_1926386360894900158_n.jpeg
2022-5-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are available mine should be delivered on Monday. Should have been Friday but DHL cocked up
2022-5-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-28 22:18
They are available mine should be delivered on Monday. Should have been Friday but DHL cocked up

I've found the Flymore package on the DJI website
2022-5-29
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

mavic3tw Posted at 5-28 21:39
I got only 1080p Mastershots stored in MicroSD, not 4K.   [view_image]

that is because you shot it in the default configuration. when you select the mastershots you have to change the resolution in the menu on the bottom right part of the screen. It defaults to 1080, but you can select 4k.  
2022-5-29
Use props
mavic3tw
Second Officer
Taiwan

sbonev Posted at 5-29 00:52
that is because you shot it in the default configuration. when you select the mastershots you have to change the resolution in the menu on the bottom right part of the screen. It defaults to 1080, but you can select 4k.

Thank you for the info.  If so,  DJI should set the default  4K resolution for Mastershots, just like normal video recording default resolution is 4K, not 1080p.  Also Mavic 3 default resolution for Mastershots is 4K (not 1080P) as I did before

2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

mavic3tw Posted at 5-26 23:14
Thank you Stephen !  May I request DJI for the following improvements/enhancement if possible?
1) 4K Mastershots
2) RC Pro is compatible with Mini 3 Pro

Hi there mavic3tw. Thank you for the reply and for these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-5-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice to see!
2022-5-31
Use props
TheStriff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

I just tested the MasterShots for the Mini 3 Pro.

So you have to select 4K (mine defaulted to 1080P)
But the gotcha is when selecting a template to apply to it, the video gets transcoded (I'm guessing to 1080P, otherwise there's no need to transcode it) then after this it applies the template you have selected, and then export / save is only 1080P while the master video is 4K.

Very disappointed about this, canot find any documentation about this, I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro.
I've been in live chat with a tech person, and don't get full confidence as they weren't sure either, then was suggested maybe my phone is not capable.... Which is certainly is / should be (I use it for 4K GoPro and 5K Insta 360 videos)

So currently I use a Mastershot template. then get the master file into Premiere Pro, and cut and slice it to what the template did, and also bring over the audio form the template.
Export out in 4K....

Would be great if there was also a PC version that we could off load this to.
2022-11-9
Use props
djiuser_AiEV1uMiklOy
New
United Kingdom

Hi… i bought mini 3 pro. I tried master shots. Can someone please tell me how to shoot master shots in 4k? When i try to import videos from drone to macbook or iphone the quality changes to 1080p.
Thank you
2023-2-8
Use props
MavicAir2TW
Second Officer
Taiwan

djiuser_AiEV1uMiklOy Posted at 2-8 15:32
Hi… i bought mini 3 pro. I tried master shots. Can someone please tell me how to shoot master shots in 4k? When i try to import videos from drone to macbook or iphone the quality changes to 1080p.
Thank you

You need to use 4K video recording settings on DJI Fly app before doing Mastershots. Take out MicroSD card from your drone and play/edit the video on PC/Laptop, not on your phone.  
2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules