OM5 and S21 Ultra guidance
1378 2 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rrmccabe
lvl.1

United States

I bought an OM5 and had hoped to use it in a couple weeks for my wedding in Gatlinburg shooting B roll around the venue location (outdoors).  Let me start off by saying I am not a professional and dont know what I am doing.  But I am not happy with how shaky the video is. I can use warp stabilizer in Premiere and that helps but would like to avoid that.

In many ways the footage straight out of the S21 Ultra with the stabilizer turned on is better than the OM5. I am also thinking about buying more batteries for my Hero 9 and some sort of grip or gimbal as its certainly better.

I have the lastest software/firmware installed, the camera has no case on it and was centered both directions with a ruler. I ran the gimbal calibration as well.

The OM5 is assisting with a more fluid pan without a doubt but the video is just shaky to me.

Assistance would be appreciated

Rich

Just went outside and did a test video.

https://youtu.be/sq0BntnoI4M

2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rich. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will post a DJI Forum Link below on Troubleshooting for DJI OM 5 Gimbal Vibration/Video Shaking Issues. Kindly please try to follow the troubleshooting steps give and kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-249931-1-1.html
2022-5-26
Use props
rrmccabe
lvl.1

United States

Thank you. I have already been through all these steps and contacted support and they told me to send it back. So its on its way back today. I wont have it back in time for wedding but going to borrow a friends who bought one at same time. I am anticipating that his will have same issues as I see a lot of online complaints.  But hoping I can get some decent B Roll footage with it and then fix the jitter in post.

2022-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules