Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Selling Mavic Mini (original), what steps should I take?
3806 3 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_85OHak7zv9Qx
lvl.1

Canada

I'm planning on selling my Mavic Mini (original), I've noticed I can't remove it from my account on the DJI Fly app like other DJI drones allow (Profile-> Device Mgmt -> Mavic Mini -> Account and Device doesn't have the option). From what I can tell all I can do is log out of my account and remove the memory card.
Are there more steps I should be doing? What happens if the buyer does something illegal with it, would the drone be traced back to me or them?

EDIT: Something else I found weird, after logging out of the app, I can still fly the drone, seemingly not logged into anyones account?
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. We do not have an option to de-activate the unit. If you sell your DJI Mavic Mini to someone, the new owner will just simply create a new DJI account or use his existing DJI account to login to the DJI Fly application for him to fly / operate the said DJI Drone. Also, the drone will not save your personal information. Thank you.
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_85OHak7zv9Qx
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 19:38
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. We do not have an option to de-activate the unit. If you sell your DJI Mavic Mini to someone, the new owner will just simply create a new DJI account or use his existing DJI account to login to the DJI Fly application for him to fly / operate the said DJI Drone. Also, the drone will not save your personal information. Thank you.

What exactly is stored on the drone then? What about previous flight information?
2022-6-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are DAT logs are stored on the drone but ONLY DJI can read them, Joe Blogs can not, and you can not wipe them.
With regards to preparing the drone for sale all you can do, concerning your 'info', is remove the mSD card, that's it. The new owner should go through the settings for themselves but if might be nice to set thing to the defaults or minimums e..g height and distance limits, failsafe action, stick mode etc..
2022-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules