DJI Mini 2 Gimbal calibration before every new flight.
4114 5 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288438 ft

Sweden

Hi guys, I noticed that my DJI Mini 2 gimbal tilted like 3 degrees. I calibrate the gimbal everytime I turn on the drone and ready for a new flight and I guess this time it was because I placed the drone on a unbalance surface and calibrate it. I went home and used my water level ruler to find a perfect place to recalibrate my gimbal and It's normal now. It's sort of annoying because I don't know where is 90 degress flat so I can calibrate my drone, so I have some question, hope you guys can help me

1. Do I need to calibrate my gimbal everytime I turn the drone on for a new flight? Even tho I calibrated it last time and didn't crash.
2. Does the strong wind make the gimbal tilt ? Cause I saw some video on youtube where the camera gimbal of the Mini 2 got fixed in a tilted angle while flying in strong wind
3. Sometime I land the drone on my hand and then I put it on the ground and fly it up again. In case my hand touched the camera gimbal during landing, is it ok or I have to calibrate it again ?

Tilted gimbal

Tilted gimbal
2022-5-26
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

You don't need to calibrate anything unless it's prompted by the app
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy
lvl.2

Sweden

Sakari Kaulaote Posted at 5-26 12:57
You don't need to calibrate anything unless it's prompted by the app

Oh I don't know that, I just calibrated it 10 mins ago, it's balance now. So the next time I power up the drone, I can just fly it up directly if there is no warning about gimbal calibration ? Because I was afraid that the gimbal got reset everytime I turn it off
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is not necessary to calibrate your DJI Mini 2's gimbal every new flight. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Drone for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-5-26
Use props
djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 19:51
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. It is not necessary to calibrate your DJI Mini 2's gimbal every new flight. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Drone for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.

Hi, I never crashed it or having a hard landing before. In the picture I was flying in a 9m/s wind speed, I think that also caused the gimbal tilt maybe ?
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_kmvNZroSTsCy Posted at 5-26 22:37
Hi, I never crashed it or having a hard landing before. In the picture I was flying in a 9m/s wind speed, I think that also caused the gimbal tilt maybe ?

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since we are having this issue with you DJI Mini 2, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules