Drone Wobbles while flying straight.. ???
958 10 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to do a recent shoot with the m3 latley and I noticed something that was very alarming and concering on just how touchy the M3 drone is comparied to the M2.

My issue is when flying straight in normal mode the drone would seem to dip a bit in the front and recover like it was facing maybe 100 mph wind.  I switched to Sports Mode and this went away along with flying in Cine Mode this also went away.  I'm not sure whats going on but this doesnt seem like the the drone is flying properly.

To answer questions:
  • I'm fully updated with latest firmware
  • I have the latest app on my iphone 12 Max Pro
  • Everything is set to default outisde of maybe some gimble speed settings
  • I havent seen this before BUT I havent flown since early April.

This is hard to capture on video since the gimble does a good job of this but I was wondering if some sort of higher detailed logs could help.

Is anyone else seeing this? I noticed some people mentioned to change the collision apas mode out of by pass to break.  However wasnt the by pass mode the one that they used to sell how good its collision decection is? Also I was up in the air with no trees or any other things insite outside of air.

What gives?

Anyone else having this issue what did you do? Also have you been able to dampin the exp settings for how jumpy things are?   Btw while typing this out I did find this video and it seems to discuss part of the issue.  What gives DJI? im a bit concerned when flying straight that it will dip so much it may flip..

2022-5-26
Use props
OlliM1971
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309199 ft
Germany

My M3 does the same when the sun is at an angle dazzling the camera sensors. I also had this issue only with the M3 and never with the M2P. However, I reported this error to DJI and they confirmed it’s a known software bug. It will be solved with an update soon (whatever that means).
I really hope it can be fixed by software. I think it’s more the fisheye lenses they are using for the M3 camera sensors and that they are simply more likely to be blinded. In this case the drone stops detecting an obstacle, the angle to the sun changes slightly again, no obstacle is detected and the drone continues to fly and so on… let’s keep fingers crossed…
2022-5-26
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OlliM1971 Posted at 5-26 13:17
My M3 does the same when the sun is at an angle dazzling the camera sensors. I also had this issue only with the M3 and never with the M2P. However, I reported this error to DJI and they confirmed it’s a known software bug. It will be solved with an update soon (whatever that means).
I really hope it can be fixed by software. I think it’s more the fisheye lenses they are using for the M3 camera sensors and that they are simply more likely to be blinded. In this case the drone stops detecting an obstacle, the angle to the sun changes slightly again, no obstacle is detected and the drone continues to fly and so on… let’s keep fingers crossed…

Yea this needs to deff be addressed.  I know we are not the only ones dealing with this.  Hopefully with the M3 Mini Pro out they dont forget to build/update/add features to the M3..
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Gateway. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out there information. I will forward these issue and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-26 19:57
Hello there Gateway. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out there information. I will forward these issue and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

You are a great deadpan comedian. Love it.
2022-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gateway Posted at 5-26 13:46
Yea this needs to deff be addressed.  I know we are not the only ones dealing with this.  Hopefully with the M3 Mini Pro out they dont forget to build/update/add features to the M3..

"M3 Mini Pro ". What the heck is that?
2022-5-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-26 20:01
"M3 Mini Pro ". What the heck is that?

I was asking myself that same question.  
2022-5-27
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-27 03:13
I was asking myself that same question.

wait you guys dont have one yet? hmm... too bad
2022-5-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gateway Posted at 5-27 08:48
wait you guys dont have one yet? hmm... too bad

Order finally arrived in the states but now waiting on UPS to pick it up and getting it moving across the country to me.  Wanted to film my grandson racing his new go kart this holiday weekend but no problem I can use my Skydio 2+ as it is a fantastic sport's tracker.  
2022-5-27
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm having the exact same issue.  I wish I could return the drone I want my mavic 2 pro back.  
2022-5-27
Use props
Franzdampf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7022441 ft
  • >>>
Bahamas

Same issue here …
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now