DJI Assistant 2 software on Mac
10223 18 2022-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

First, is the DJI Assistant 2 software absolutely necessary? I got a new drone (Air 2S), and after connecting to my mobile device and going through the prompts, everything seems okay. Seems all activated and updated. Haven't touched my old DJI Assistant software on my Mac. Now I've downloaded the latest DJI Assistant 2 and got this error — unidentified developer:

macOS cannot identify developer

macOS cannot identify developer

2022-5-26
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

No, it's not necessary. But it's convenient to have sometimes. On macs that show that error message, there's an easy fix - right after getting that error message, open the System Preferences app, go to the Security and Privacy tab, then click the Allow button pertaining the app in question. Then you'll get one more message asking if you're sure, then it will work normally.
2022-5-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to follow the steps that were mentioned by sduck in post #2 on how to modify the settings on your mac for you to install the said software. In addition, kindly please download the correct DJI Assistant 2 software to avoid issues. Please refer to the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-5-27
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-27 22:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to follow the steps that were mentioned by sduck in post #2 on how to modify the settings on your mac for you to install the said software. In addition, kindly please download the correct DJI Assistant 2 software to avoid issues. Please refer to the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

I've downloaded from that link you provided. It's newer file but same error. Seems not "correct" — it requires the same System Pref / Security &Privacy workaround mentioned by sduck (thank you, sduck).

However, trouble shows up again with another error — System Extension Blocked. Seems Joshua Wise need to update his signature with developer. See attached screenshot.

Then bypassing that in Sys Prefs brings up a scary shutdown message, which I clicked "not now."

And so it now seems I have to use Terminal to hack into my own system to allow all this to potentially cause me real trouble. I dunno. Am I now beta testing this for you, DJI?

2022-5-28
Use props
mr.jipi_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

veryken Posted at 5-28 18:48
I've downloaded from that link you provided. It's newer file but same error. Seems not "correct" — it requires the same System Pref / Security &Privacy workaround mentioned by sduck (thank you, sduck).

However, trouble shows up again with another error — System Extension Blocked. Seems Joshua Wise need to update his signature with developer. See attached screenshot.

What version of Mac OS are you running ?
Did you manage to make DJI Assistant 2 work on your mac ?
2022-5-30
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
United States

mr.jipi_ Posted at 5-30 10:06
What version of Mac OS are you running ?
Did you manage to make DJI Assistant 2 work on your mac ?

MacOS 11.6.6 on M1 Mac Mini. I cannot upgrade to MacOS 12.4 (if it's any better) because of another older software needed for business.

And so, I'm just thinking to not use Assistant 2.

The name "Assistant" and "Assistant 2" also very annoying. It doesn't even imply with its icon what it's for. Very easy to delete.
2022-5-30
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

veryken Posted at 5-30 10:44
MacOS 11.6.6 on M1 Mac Mini. I cannot upgrade to 12.4 because of an older software needed for business.

And so, I'm just thinking to not use Assistant 2.

This is the version you should use . DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) VERSION: V2.1.10 Works perfect with OS 12.4 M1, Please observe the name of the application

2022-5-31
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
United States

spetersen Posted at 5-31 04:20
This is the version you should use . DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) VERSION: V2.1.10 Works perfect with OS 12.4 M1, Please observe the name of the application

Maybe I'll try again if/when I do MacOS 12.4.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_mazUBm4oRzij
lvl.1

United States

Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext --check-rebuild
Unknown option '--check-rebuild'

Looks like this doesn't work with OS X 13.2
2023-3-7
Use props
stepanov.standy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 464980 ft
Spain

djiuser_mazUBm4oRzij Posted at 3-7 11:11
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Library/Extensions/HoRNDIS.kext --check-rebuild
Unknown option '--check-rebuild'

Yes, but here is a workaround - https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/135

Just read the latest posts in this topic, they have solution that works for me on OS X 13.2 with M1 chip. This solution also works for M2 chips.
2023-5-25
Use props
Sarah Rydgren
New

United States

Anyone know what version of the assistant app to install on an older mac...running 10.15.17?
2023-7-20
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

The one linked in the 3rd post above should work fine.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sarah Rydgren Posted at 7-20 08:37
Anyone know what version of the assistant app to install on an older mac...running 10.15.17?

Hi there. Please use this link to download the DJI Assistant 2 if you're using a consumer drone: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series.
Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-20
Use props
magfaser
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-5-27 22:45
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please try to follow the steps that were mentioned by sduck in post #2 on how to modify the settings on your mac for you to install the said software. In addition, kindly please download the correct DJI Assistant 2 software to avoid issues. Please refer to the link below. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Are you serious? DJI seems to be committed to screwing their older customers, and now this? Never again will I buy one of your products. How can you stop supporting people who have purchased your products?
2023-12-7
Use props
magfaser
lvl.1

United States

magfaser Posted at 12-7 10:53
Are you serious? DJI seems to be committed to screwing their older customers, and now this? Never again will I buy one of your products. How can you stop supporting people who have purchased your products?

Do you pay attention to what version of IOS is out there? Do you follow the links what recommendation #2 sends you to?
2023-12-7
Use props
magfaser
lvl.1

United States

magfaser Posted at 12-7 12:50
Do you pay attention to what version of IOS is out there? Do you follow the links what recommendation #2 sends you to?

How can DJI abandon all IOS users?
2023-12-7
Use props
magfaser
lvl.1

United States

DJI does not support their products.
2023-12-7
Use props
magfaser
lvl.1

United States

Don't bother to contact DJI for support, they will just walk you through the same nonsense above as if you don't have Google.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

magfaser Posted at 12-7 10:53
Are you serious? DJI seems to be committed to screwing their older customers, and now this? Never again will I buy one of your products. How can you stop supporting people who have purchased your products?

Hi there. Our apologies if you are not satisfied with this response. Please indicate what issue you are having with your product and we will do our best to isolate this for you. If you can provide photos/videos showing the issue, that would be very helpful for us to check it further. We are more than happy to help. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules