DJI FPV lost connection and failed RTH (did not return to home)
3006 7 2022-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FF_FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443159 ft
Netherlands

Hi there,

Yesterday I was flying my DJI FPV drone on the beach. I’ve been flying here for the past few days now.

When I was flying above the sea the drone suddenly lost connection and it never returned to the home point.  

The battery was still around 70% and I was in line of sight with the drone. There were no obstacles whatsoever.
After reviewing the last flight log it lost connection on 30m altitude and the distance around 690m (I've flown much further before and never had any problem).
When I watched the last flight recording in the goggles it is clearly visible that there was nothing wrong the seconds before it lost connection.

After it failed I waited 1 minute as I knew this would be the time for it to regain connection. This did not happen. I then started walking/running towards where it lost connection but the connection did not recover. I know for sure that the battery was full enough to hover or fly for at least 5-10 minutes.

I’m really puzzled and sad that this happened and contacted customer support yesterday

As can be seen in the screenshot, I had full connection bars when it suddenly failed (top right corner of the picture)

I read that there are more people having trouble with the RTH function after the last update. Anyone else with the same issue?
IMG_3476.jpeg
2022-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FF_FPV. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI FPV, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-5-27
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Scary! What firmware do you have? At that height you can already have some turbulence or maybe you flew near a boat equipped with a transmission jammer.
2022-5-27
Use props
FF_FPV
lvl.1
Netherlands

FlyLow Posted at 5-27 03:32
Scary! What firmware do you have? At that height you can already have some turbulence or maybe you flew near a boat equipped with a transmission jammer.
I think it is the last firmware, updated it about 1 week ago.

There were absolutely no objects interfering with the connection. No boats or anything whatsoever. Just lost connection in line of sight with full connection bars..
2022-5-27
Use props
FF_FPV
lvl.1
Netherlands

[UPDATE]

DJI just gave confirmation that it was indeed a fault of the drone or the software.

As my aircraft was still under warranty they will replace it completely. When I asked if the micro sd card was also being replaced, they said that it was not but they were willing to look in the warehouse if there is a micro sd card which they can give me.

Very delighted with the good customer support DJI gives! Thanks DJI for the good care!!
2022-5-30
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Great, do they also change your Goggles or just the drone? If it is a software problem it could be the Goggles that are the cause.
Anyway it's a good thing, in Holland you have two years warranty right?
2022-5-30
Use props
FF_FPV
lvl.1
Netherlands

FlyLow Posted at 5-30 03:31
Great, do they also change your Goggles or just the drone? If it is a software problem it could be the Goggles that are the cause.
Anyway it's a good thing, in Holland you have two years warranty right?
They just replace the drone and 1 battery as I still have the goggles and controller.
In Holland we have only 1 year warranty I think.
2022-5-30
Use props
South buckeye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505748 ft
United States

I have had the same happen to me twice.  I think I was using a bad battery.
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules