Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turn on LED lights
8484 17 2022-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David-Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4717963 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all

I went to fly after dark need a well light bridge.  When I first fly off, the front 2 like is on and flashing.  I fly around for a while and came back, I noticed the LED lights are off and can't find in the night sky.  Eventually, I used the map to land the drone.  Thanks god.

Any of you know how to use the RC controller turn on the LED lights?

Thanks in advance.
2022-5-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as a matter of interest, do they switch off when you are recording a video and on when you are not recording a video?
2022-5-27
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-27 04:14
Just as a matter of interest, do they switch off when you are recording a video and on when you are not recording a video?

I think you hit nail in the head.  I was panicing when flying back.  I think the video recording was still on.
2022-5-27
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

IIRC there's an option in the DJI GO 4 that allows one to turn off the LEDs while recording and I left it on intentionally. Unfortunately I can't open the app now to look for it cause it kept crashing probably due to the known Android 12 issues despite clearing the data. However I can't to seems find this option in the DJI RC? Hope they can put this same function in the DJI RC fly app.
2022-5-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And I can't check either because it's not relevant to the earlier minis, sorry.
But if it is automated then from memory the selection menu/option is in the camera section ofthe Go4 app, NOT the 'normal' menus.
2022-5-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you like flying at night your best bet is to buy a small strobe
2022-5-27
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

This is actually quite interesting topic from the regulatory point of view as well...
It seems that a green flashing light is a requirement for night flights in Germany (source: https://www.dfs.de/homepage/en/drone-flight/checklist-for-drone-pilots/) starting from the 1st of July 2022, and it's not really feasible to add an external strobe while maintaining the maximum take-off mass.
2022-5-27
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

yes, gree lights will be required under few dates in eu as local law's will be adapted - so yes indeed the fact that led's are disabled during video shooting will be an issue very soon for dji that will have to be adressed
2022-5-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andreja Posted at 5-27 14:40
This is actually quite interesting topic from the regulatory point of view as well...
It seems that a green flashing light is a requirement for night flights in Germany (source: https://www.dfs.de/homepage/en/drone-flight/checklist-for-drone-pilots/) starting from the 1st of July 2022, and it's not really feasible to add an external strobe while maintaining the maximum take-off mass.

Does MOTM even kick in yet for you guys over there, It doesn't for the UK, its still MOTW seen as we are in the transitional period...
2022-5-27
Use props
Danveal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,
Soon, in July, a flashing green light will be mandatory for all drones flying in Europe at night. For the open categories the directive is the UAS.OPEN.060 directive of regulation 947/2019. In this video, here's what happens when you start recording. A solution could be to insert on the DJI Fly the possibility to keep the lights always on as happens for the Mavic 3 and other DJI drones.

In this other video what could be the solution, the possibility of leaving the lights on all the time. It remains to be seen whether the flashing green lights disturb the quality of the video recording

2022-5-27
Use props
David-Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

I tried again in my backyard definitely when recording the green light will be off.  Once switch off recording, the light come back on.  All good.
2022-5-27
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

Bashy Posted at 5-27 21:13
Does MOTM even kick in yet for you guys over there, It doesn't for the UK, its still MOTW seen as we are in the transitional period...

Well, here's how I understood it:
We're in transition period, and therefore drones which do not have a class assigned to them, and which came into market before start of 2023 can be run in A1 sub-category if their MTOM is lower than 250 g and in A3 sub-category if their mass is higher than 250 g but less than 25 kg.

Then, we have extra national regulations:
Until the end of 2022, we can use drones with MTOM lower than  500 g in sub-category A1 and without proof of remote pilot online theoretical competency.

Given the above, it would be possible to use an external strobe until the end of 2022, but afterwards, we'd need to rely on DJI to fix the green lights.
2022-5-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andreja Posted at 5-28 01:34
Well, here's how I understood it:
We're in transition period, and therefore drones which do not have a class assigned to them, and which came into market before start of 2023 can be run in A1 sub-category if their MTOM is lower than 250 g and in A3 sub-category if their mass is higher than 250 g but less than 25 kg.

I do not know how it is for you guys but here, during the transition period, sub 250g are MOTW not MOTM as seen here in our guide

cap2012.png
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_Mgzk2dZ5halG
New
Luxembourg

Any news on this? Haven't seen an option to turn the led on during video recording...
2022-7-21
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810751 ft
Germany

djiuser_Mgzk2dZ5halG Posted at 7-21 13:32
Any news on this? Haven't seen an option to turn the led on during video recording...

I am afraid there are no further information about that issue. I would really like to have a switch in the menu where I can decide if I turn the lights off while filming or not.
2022-7-21
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I found some 3rd party lights that can be attached but they then put the drone over the 249g limit.

The key wording in the legislation is "placed on market prior to Jan 1st 2023". The Mini 3 Pro is most certainly under this criteria, so unless the legislation is radically altered, it will remain as it is.

Most drones are the same weight at landing as at takeoff, so the "flying weight" is quite an oddity. MTOM changes nothing in practical terms (for electrical drones, anyway).

2022-7-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CineDude Posted at 7-21 14:08
I found some 3rd party lights that can be attached but they then put the drone over the 249g limit.

The key wording in the legislation is "placed on market prior to Jan 1st 2023". The Mini 3 Pro is most certainly under this criteria, so unless the legislation is radically altered, it will remain as it is.

That date is looking to be extended, perhaps indefinitely but by at least 2 years would be my guess...

Its about what accessories are available to buy from DJI direct and dealers in the say the UK for example, lets say DJI and local dealers sold the plus batteries to us in the UK that would, in effect, change the MOTM.

Having said that, that's by the by because whilst in the transition period, the plus batteries can be sold to us LEGALLY by DJI and any other local dealer (if DJI would ship to them) but for unknown reasons DJI decided not to, even outside the transition period, they should still be allowed to sell them because that would just change the class of drone to sub 500g when the plus batteries are used.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, certainly at this moment in time whilst in the transition period.

DJI have killed sales in plus batteries to the UK, for absolutely no reason and like I've already said, the transition period is looking likely that it will be extended indefinitely.

Heck, its even DJI's own fault too because there are no 'C' marked drones sold by them lol go figure....
2022-7-21
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As has been mentioned before, it might be because of what could happen in the future, rather than what is happening right now.

Regulatory bodies, and the EU in particular, can be a nightmare to deal with. There might also be other factors precluding the sale of extended batteries in the EU, for purely political reasons. AFAIK the Mini 3 is the first to have extended battery capacities as an option?
2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules