DJI FPV Manual Mode
4620 2 2022-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fpv_monster
New
United Kingdom

Hi community,

I got a silly question. Had my first flight today in manual mode and I believe there is something I am definitely not doing right.

By default, I use mode 2 for my flight settings. When I switch to a manual mode and go up in the air and then try to dive (I use the right stick and move it forward to pitch forward to make sure my drone is heading towards the ground) and then I just want to speed my drone up by adding some throttle (moving my left stick up - it is loose by the way as recommended by DJI settings for a manual flight) but instead going faster towards the ground my drone just increases the attitude lol

Could someone help me out and advise what exactly should I be doing? For example when I use the flight simulator with my DJI controller (Liftoff) - I can fully control the speed of my drone when going down and either add some speed or slow my drone down. But every time I try to do that in real flight my drone just picks up the attitude instead of going faster towards the ground.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
2022-5-27
Use props
fpv_monster
New
United Kingdom

Whata amazing community Literally zero help Since I found the solution myself I thought I would post it in case someone else has a similar issue - you need to make sure that the camera angle is set to a positive number (I am using +20 at the moment) and the drone will behave exactly as expected. If the camera angle is negative and pointing down this is where adding any throttle even when the drone is pointing down, is going to result in increase in altitude
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_LTjsCW64VzHT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225489 ft
United States

fpv_monster Posted at 2022-5-28 01:11
Whata amazing community  Literally zero help  Since I found the solution myself I thought I would post it in case someone else has a similar issue - you need to make sure that the camera angle is set to a positive number (I am using +20 at the moment) and the drone will behave exactly as expected. If the camera angle is negative and pointing down this is where adding any throttle even when the drone is pointing down, is going to result in increase in altitude

Thanks for the follow up! I have a flown starting with the motion controller then n-mode on RC, then S, and now I’m willing to try manual. Would you mind answering a few questions about setup and such?
2023-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules