Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Sky Surf Media Posted at 11-18 13:41
As original poster of this thread I have yet another update:-
Just purchased 4th M3Pro, as the 3rd one also generated moisture within the lense cover after a couple of months (now the weather has got colder here in the UK).
This new model was manufactured 07/2022 -hoping that makes a difference.

I bought mine in October, production date 07-2022. I flew twice at minus 10. Everything is fine.
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_rt3tAqHfpoub
lvl.1

Indonesia

Still same after send it for service
IMG-20221130-WA0001.jpg
2022-11-30
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

I've had this issue and semi sucessful repair. I say semi, as the drone returned without lens fogging like so many in this thread display...but it now buzzes like heck when I start it up for about 30 seconds. So yeah, it is back with them. Solve one problem; create another. In all seriousness though, all these need returning to support.
2022-11-30
Use props
Azdre
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi there! I have the same problem with my drone! And, it is already the second unit!
My first united was replaced by DJI (during the first 15 days after purchase). I received a second unit 1 month ago (new unit), and I am having the same issue, once again =( Monday, I will report the siuation, but it will be once again 2 weeks (at least without the drone). Not nice!!!

IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4553.JPG
2022-12-10
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Same happens with mine.
A workaround would be to let the drone out and cool down to temperature before using it.
2022-12-13
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

55Media Posted at 12-13 01:54
Same happens with mine.
A workaround would be to let the drone out and cool down to temperature before using it.

It needs repaired, mine was doing this and they fixed it now I don't need no workarounds.
2022-12-13
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI is "repairing" them by filling the camera house with rubber based silicone...but that is for inside use, not weather proof.

DJI MODERATORS, send a message to your designated team: " YOU IDIOTS, DO NOT USE SILICONE BASED RUBBER FOR INSIDE AS IS CRACKING AND AIR ENTERS AGAIN !!! USE EXTERIOR WEATHERPROOF SILICONE !!!!" (end of message)
2022-12-13
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-13 06:56
DJI is "repairing" them by filling the camera house with rubber based silicone...but that is for inside use, not weather proof.

DJI MODERATORS, send a message to your designated team: " YOU IDIOTS, DO NOT USE SILICONE BASED RUBBER FOR INSIDE AS IS CRACKING AND AIR ENTERS AGAIN !!! USE EXTERIOR WEATHERPROOF SILICONE !!!!" (end of message)

And you in all your infinite wisdom know more than DJI of course.......
2022-12-13
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Wiganer Posted at 6-27 04:48
That’s a very strong statement.

Unfortunately “this phenomenon” is occurring for a lot of people, some have had replacement drones and it’s still happening. It’s clearly been quite a large flaw in the manufacturing process.

Usually remove the moisture before sealing , hmmm
2022-12-13
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-13 07:10
And you in all your infinite wisdom know more than DJI of course.......

As I work an project all types of HVAC and I know a lot of sealants, YES, in fact I know more.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_DuRinHBYCDJq Posted at 11-18 13:21
happens to me too!

Never had problems with first mini, first an unexpected upsidedown-crash followed by replacement, now the foggy lens. I want to watch her in the sky not only on the package tracking site!

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. We noticed that you've created a case. May I ask if you have sent back the drone for further assistance?
2022-12-14
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

It shouldn't need any sealing fillers if the O-ring is correctly sized, undamaged and places.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Azdre Posted at 12-10 06:08
Hi there! I have the same problem with my drone! And, it is already the second unit!
My first united was replaced by DJI (during the first 15 days after purchase). I received a second unit 1 month ago (new unit), and I am having the same issue, once again =( Monday, I will report the siuation, but it will be once again 2 weeks (at least without the drone). Not nice!!!

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will pay close attention to your case and help follow up. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

primeshooter Posted at 11-30 09:06
I've had this issue and semi sucessful repair. I say semi, as the drone returned without lens fogging like so many in this thread display...but it now buzzes like heck when I start it up for about 30 seconds. So yeah, it is back with them. Solve one problem; create another. In all seriousness though, all these need returning to support.

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I ask if you've received the drone now? If there are any issues with the drone, please let us know.
2022-12-14
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-14 06:05
Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I ask if you've received the drone now? If there are any issues with the drone, please let us know.

Hi there, they seem to have fixed it by replacing the camera. I actually think it was a whole new drone. Not sure why but it is working, and now does not fog up.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

primeshooter Posted at 12-14 11:55
Hi there, they seem to have fixed it by replacing the camera. I actually think it was a whole new drone. Not sure why but it is working, and now does not fog up.

Replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty. A replacement product or part shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty. You can also refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav
We are glad to know the drone is working normally now. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-12-14
Use props
Quantix
New

United States

Wiganer Posted at 2022-7-1 14:51
That’s really not good having a 2nd drone with the same issue. There are clearly a ton of drones out there with this issue.

My drone has been repaired/replaced by DJI for this issue and is currently on the way back to me. Will be interesting to see if it’s been resolved or not. I won’t hold my breath sadly.

I am on my 3rd one and it mists up too.
2023-2-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Surely rather than just sending off, misting and repeating its easier to spent 5 mins just fixing it yourself by reseating the o-ring?
2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Quantix Posted at 2-6 15:55
I am on my 3rd one and it mists up too.

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask did you sent the drone back to DJI for further assistance? If not, you can submit a case through this link. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-2-6
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

It’s now the 8th Mini 3 Pro with a manufacture defect, being the fog inside the lens…
So, I’m guessing I have to send it back for the 9th time?
F4253E45-A5F3-4C63-9F48-A8C140BE1FCE.jpeg
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_2yecjTWr5eBi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98743 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,I did purchase a NEW DJI MINI 3 PRO (£1000)…unfortunately with same problem as most of you guys..I’ve been watching YouTube videos and checking forums online the whole day to try to understand a bit about it… I own a lot of DJI drones and never had a problem but as I can see 90% of the Mini 3 pro have condensation in the camera lens.I was so happy today to try it but now I’m obligated to send it back with warranty and I hope to receive a new one without defects and not a refurbished one… any help or suggestions please? Thx
90311813-27C7-4C95-B4AC-DE6F992E58E1.jpeg
C97CD505-22DB-4305-A259-9A762AA48ADD.jpeg
1E810ACD-2EE0-4C24-B42B-D82C06958DBD.jpeg
2023-4-2
Use props
Billy.RKV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2922815 ft
Portugal

djiuser_2yecjTWr5eBi Posted at 4-2 18:01
Hi,I did purchase a NEW DJI MINI 3 PRO (£1000)…unfortunately with same problem as most of you guys..I’ve been watching YouTube videos and checking forums online the whole day to try to understand a bit about it… I own a lot of DJI drones and never had a problem but as I can see 90% of the Mini 3 pro have condensation in the camera lens.I was so happy today to try it but now I’m obligated to send it back with warranty and I hope to receive a new one without defects and not a refurbished one… any help or suggestions please? Thx

What’s the manufacture date? You can usually see this on the back of the box
2023-4-12
Use props
djiuser_2yecjTWr5eBi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98743 ft
United Kingdom

Billy.RKV Posted at 4-12 15:34
What’s the manufacture date? You can usually see this on the back of the box

the first one was made on the 07/2022 camera foggy... i've sent back in warranty to Dji and they replaced with a NEW one made on the 12/2022... only tried one battery 24min and same issue..camera foggy! today 13/04/23 Dji still send out mini 3 pro with same problem...i'm speachless trust me... i love DJI DRONES but this is a shame...
2023-4-13
Use props
Sky Surf Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2364029 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all
As original poster & long-time suffer of this flaw, happy to see that DJI finally appear to be acknowledging the common defect in design, with evidence of an uplift:-
https://dronexl.co/2023/06/05/dji-mini-3-lens-condensation/

A heating element can be seen within the lense
Screenshot_20230606_204705_com.android.chrome.jpg
2023-6-6
Use props
rdkls_air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125902 ft
United States

I purchased a new Mini 3 Pro from Adorama with a manufacture date of 2023/1 (Jan 2023); this drone did not have the internal lens fogging issue but I oopsied it into a light pole at a high rate of speed and broke an arm and the gimbal. I used the express service via DJI Care Refresh and received a replacement with a manufacturing date of 2023/6 (June 2023) that is experiencing the internal lens fogging issue.

lens-fog.jpg

I called DJI immediately and they stated I'd have to send it in for the repair service. This concerns me because it definitely means I'll have to send it in and wait, and will likely receive a refurbished unit in return. Not too enthused about the possibility of receiving a refurbished unit (regardless of condition or working order) as a replacement for a brand new drone with a defect.
2023-7-12
Use props
rdkls_air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125902 ft
United States

Quick update... took it out after charging today powered it up and let it sit outside for 5 minutes or so, no condensation inside the lens. Armed the motors and within 5 minutes the condensation built up.

photo_5_2023-07-12_19-16-36.jpg

photo_4_2023-07-12_19-16-36.jpg

photo_2_2023-07-12_19-16-36.jpg

photo_1_2023-07-12_19-16-36.jpg

And these are pictures from the drone in this condition.

DJI_0010.JPG

DJI_0008.JPG

Quite unacceptable for a brand new drone they sent me as a replacement for my DJI Care Refresh (express). Going to call tomorrow and discuss options for an expedited replacement.
2023-7-12
Use props
Moffy3968
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16440 ft
Isle of Man

Just got my Mini 3 Pro today and noticed fogging on the lense, will keep an eye on it as I just did all the updates, then went outside for a quick fly in the garden. When I landed I noticed the foggy lens. Be keeping a close eye on it next few flights to see if it returns consistently or not
2023-7-19
Use props
RV Jackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122963 ft
Canada

Mist or fog is caused when you are flying at or below the "dew point" . This temp is found on all weather apps.
2023-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

rdkls_air Posted at 7-12 17:22
Quick update... took it out after charging today powered it up and let it sit outside for 5 minutes or so, no condensation inside the lens. Armed the motors and within 5 minutes the condensation built up.

[view_image]

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please send back your product to the service center for further inspection. If the issue is verified in the inspection and your product is under warranty, we will handle your case for free. Thank you for your support.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Moffy3968 Posted at 7-19 13:16
Just got my Mini 3 Pro today and noticed fogging on the lense, will keep an eye on it as I just did all the updates, then went outside for a quick fly in the garden. When I landed I noticed the foggy lens. Be keeping a close eye on it next few flights to see if it returns consistently or not

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please provide us with some photos or a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-21
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

Correct me if I am wrong, but looking at the pictures posted, It seems there are two different issues here:

1) Unlike the Mini 2, the mini 3 has a removeable lens cover to allow filters to be installed. I  wonder if DJI regrets this....but condensation on these is  not suprising as it's unlikely to be airtight and  anyways, changing filters would  intrroduce  various moisture content vulnerable to local temperature change ( and smudges too if you're not careful...)

2) much more serious are the mists inside the sealed camera. This'd seem to be a factory problem  and I'd be sending it back.
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_Yey2XgY5J22S
New

Australia

Here in Australia, close to the ocean, same issue. Carppy problem. I'm sending my drone back today.

2-27 18:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules