Raveneye stopping camera from recording
771 0 2022-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flippigan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837021 ft
United States

I am in disbelief that this is happening. I film weddings and the raveneye camera control cable randomly disconnected from my camera (Panasonic GH5) more than 5 times in the span of a day long wedding shoot. When I say disconnect I don’t mean the cable physically becomes disconnected, randomly and without any jostling of the camera control cable the in app controls and physical button on the Ronin RS2 become unusable.

This would not be as big of a problem if the camera control cable disconnecting didn’t cause THE CAMERA TO STOP RECORDING. During the MIDDLE of a WEDDING CEREMONY the camera stops recording, and right at the beginning of the first dance. This happened to me most recently on 5/28/22, and on 4/29/22.

This happened a month ago at the last wedding I filmed during the wedding party entering for the ceremony, and I thought I screwed something up, after 5/28/22 I have no doubt I was holding the Ronin RS2 perfectly still and not putting any stress on the camera control cable.

I can try replacing the cable (standard USB-C to C) to see if it’s the issue, but I’m apprehensive to use the raveneye in a real world wedding again for fear of loosing a irreplaceable moment.

DJI if you are listening the functionality of using the buttons on the RS2 to control the focusing of the camera is amazing. But it’s not worth loosing a moment that my clients can never get back. Please help.
2022-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules