Slalom Skiing Fun!
463 7 2022-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Had a great time chasing some awesome folks while they were out slalom skiing. Kept my distance, since this was my first time with them, but I've been welcomed back and plan to get some closer chases, in the future. What a blast I had and so very appreciative for them allowing me to join them. Feel free to leave any feedback you have or constructive criticism.

2022-5-28
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Good work. Really practice swooping in on them think of yourself as a hawk and if you swoop in and swoop out it'll help you get used to lingering when you get to the bottom of the approach.

Also with a straight run like that start practicing flying completely sidewlying completely sideways. It'll help you avoid the spray from the skier while also being able to get close ups
2022-5-28
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-28 21:37
Good work. Really practice swooping in on them think of yourself as a hawk and if you swoop in and swoop out it'll help you get used to lingering when you get to the bottom of the approach.

Also with a straight run like that start practicing flying completely sidewlying completely sideways. It'll help you avoid the spray from the skier while also being able to get close ups

Thanks for the advice! There is a long sod farm sprinkler that I use as a target, as I swoop back and forth, while trying to keep it in frame. I still have plenty of work to do, in order to be good at it, but I'll keep working on it. Between each run, I would hover for awhile and never really realized how hard it is to just hover in one spot, while in manual mode.... It almost becomes exhausting. A lot of wind over the next week, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back out there, but will definitely get out and practice the next chance I get!
2022-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Awesome flying, RH009! We really appreciate you for sharing this with us.
2022-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive footage.  

2022-5-29
Use props
RH009
lvl.3