123Next >
11399 86 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coder24
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

last week I got my Mini 3 Pro including the DJI RC (the one with the integrated display). Before the first flight I fully charged the drone and RC batteries using the same 30W USB power adapter. Everything worked fine I made my first couple of flight.

To charge I the drone batteries I use the 3 bay adapter from the FlyMore combo. I was able to re-charge the drone batteries multiple times without any problem.

Not the RC battery is down to 50% (only 2 LEDs are on) and thus I wanted to re-charge the RC as well. I connected it with the same 30W adapter as before. The next morning I was suprised to see, that the RC did not charge at all.

I re-connected the USB cabel but nothing happend. No LED on or flashing, etc. The same cable and adapter still work fine for charging the drone batteries. I tried a range of different cables and adapters ranging from 20-60W. They all work fine on the drone batteries, but not on the RC.

Only when using one 60W adapter the RC starts to turn on and off the first two LEDs (first the first one, than first and second...) I thought this it would be charging now and that it would indicate that it is currently charged between 25-50%. However, I noticed that the FlyMore battary box allways turns on alle 4 LEDs one after the other to indicate the charging process.

After a few minutes the RC stopps to show the two LED progress and all LEDs are off. After some more minutes it starts a new blink pattern:

• LED 1 on
  • LED 2 blinking
  • All off
  • start over

What does this mean?

Everything else workes fine. I can connect the RC to the mini and fly the drone without any problem. I also updated the RC to the latest version.

Any idea how to solve this?

2022-5-29
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Have you tried to connect the RC to charging hub instead to charger, while the charging hub is connected to the charger ?
2022-5-29
Use props
Coder24
lvl.1

Germany

MySky Posted at 5-29 01:47
Have you tried to connect the RC to charging hub instead to charger, while the charging hub is connected to the charger ?

No, I have not tried this before. Now I have connected the hub to the 60W adapter and it immediatally starts charging the batteries. Then I connected the RC to the USB output of the hub and nothing happened (no LEDs light up)
EDIT: I found a hint in the docs, that the hub will only charge the external devices when all connected batteries are fulle charged. So I removed one battery which was not fully charged. Now the RC did show something but I am not sure what this should mean:

• LED 1 on, 2 blinking. For about 3 seconds
  • All LEDs off for about 3 seconds
  • LED 1 on, 1/2 second later LED 2 on. All LEDs off
  • LED 1 on a fraction of a secons
  • All LEDs off
  • more wired blinking of LEDs 1+2

Is this some kind of error code blink pattern (none that I could find) or what should this tell me?

When connecting the same power adapter directly to the RC, nothing happens.
2022-5-29
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Strange.
In that case i would contact DJI support for help and possibly exchanging the RC.
2022-5-29
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Coder24 Posted at 5-29 02:35
No, I have not tried this before. Now I have connected the hub to the 60W adapter and it immediatally starts charging the batteries. Then I connected the RC to the USB output of the hub and nothing happened (no LEDs light up)
EDIT: I found a hint in the docs, that the hub will only charge the external devices when all connected batteries are fulle charged. So I removed one battery which was not fully charged. Now the RC did show something but I am not sure what this should mean:

Charge the RC connected directly to the charger not through the Hub.
2022-5-29
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

bjr981s Posted at 5-29 09:32
Charge the RC connected directly to the charger not through the Hub.

Have you read his first post ?
It was just another try to check.
2022-5-29
Use props
sg.catarino
New
Portugal

I have the same problem! this is a pattern also!
But now its worse... completly dead... i connect to powerbanks, pc, diferent chargers, the fly more adaptor... nothing works... i only have a 1 constant blink. at almost 1 day... and doesn't power on...

I have also the 3 batteries full charged in the flymore adaptor and RC still not charge…
2022-5-29
Use props
sg.catarino
New
Portugal

Update:

Now with some chargers:
- blinks 1LED green 2 times in one second
- blinks 1LED green 1 time per second

The manual dont say anything about it…
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Coder24. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Mini 3 Pro's remote controller. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2022-5-29
Use props
Coder24
lvl.1

Germany

@sg.catarino I my case the RC suddenly started to charge correctly after being connected to the battery hub for some time. Now the RC is fully charged. Of course this is not a real solution, since I cannot be sure if it will charge correctly the next time. However, it seems that this is more likely a software than a hardware problem? Maybe a firmware update can fix this?

@DJIStephen Thanks, I have already contacted support. We agreed that I will continue to observe the problem a little while longer and let them know if the problem persists.

2022-5-30
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry that was the battery error chart not for the RC.
2022-5-30
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

These blinking patterns are for the flight battery.
As discribed obove the 1.  and 2. LED are blinking.
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. Could you please try turning on the DJI RC to see if it can be charged? If yes, please turn it on and charge it for a while, and then please connect the DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2 (https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series) and export the log, upload to Google Drive or Dropbox. Thanks in advance.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_1yfoXwS3N8By
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136375 ft
Belgium

Hi everybody! It seems that I'm experiencing the same issue as of today. My RC is not charging anymore when being plugged to a charger...
It seems to be a hardware issue. When I connect to the charger or to my computer with the usb cable, the usb plug starts to heat like crazy.
Further, the charge of the controller's battery continues to drop, even if the battery icon on the top right of the screens seems to indicate that it is charging.
Furthermore, the DJI assistant 2 software doesn't communicate with the controller, so it is not possible to download the log from the RC controller.

This is really problematic, and it occurred suddenly.
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_1yfoXwS3N8By
lvl.1
Belgium

sg.catarino Posted at 5-29 10:30
But now its worse... completly dead... i connect to powerbanks, pc, diferent chargers, the fly more adaptor... nothing works... i only have a 1 constant blink. at almost 1 day... and doesn't power on...

Same here.
Contacted DJI. They told me to send them the drone and the RC back. They will send me a new one.
The long wait has started for me...
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1yfoXwS3N8By Posted at 6-8 09:26
Hi everybody! It seems that I'm experiencing the same issue as of today. My RC is not charging anymore when being plugged to a charger...
It seems to be a hardware issue. When I connect to the charger or to my computer with the usb cable, the usb plug starts to heat like crazy.
Further, the charge of the controller's battery continues to drop, even if the battery icon on the top right of the screens seems to indicate that it is charging.

What cable are you using. Try a USB A to USB C on a modest speed charger such as you might use for your phone. Fast charging any battery is not good for it at all.

Many electric car owners will soon be finding this out
2022-6-12
Use props
djiuser_1yfoXwS3N8By
lvl.1
Belgium

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 02:00
What cable are you using. Try a USB A to USB C on a modest speed charger such as you might use for your phone. Fast charging any battery is not good for it at all.

Well I used the USB A to USB C cable that is delivered with the fly more kit.
The charger is not very powerful, far from it.

To me it is clearly a short circuit in the RC's USB C connector: no communication between the DJI assistant 2 software I installed on my computer and the RC (whereas when connecting the drone itself to my computer, the communication works flawlessly), and when I connect the RC to a usb charger with several connectors, the other connected devices immediately stop charging.

DJI asked me to send the device back for replacement.
2022-6-12
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1yfoXwS3N8By Posted at 6-12 10:37
Well I used the USB A to USB C cable that is delivered with the fly more kit.
The charger is not very powerful, far from it.

Ok it seems like you have done your best. I think you should follow DJI advice
2022-6-12
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, just to let you know I have the same issue, DJI RC (mini 3 pro) does not charge anymore, I have the mini 3 since two weeks, and the RC charging (by USB type C cable and 30W power supply) was ok.
Now the USB RC port and USB plug becomes very hot and the RC LEDs show a pattern similar to that described in post number 10#

https://youtu.be/-YizHwOh8kE

My RC charging issue is under investigation by DJI support.
Waiting ...

---18 06 2022 UPDATE --- RC sent to DJI support
2022-6-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-12 02:00
What cable are you using. Try a USB A to USB C on a modest speed charger such as you might use for your phone. Fast charging any battery is not good for it at all.

Hi, there. May I confirm that if you also meet this problem? If yes, please let us know. Thanks in advance.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 6-14 11:39
Hi, just to let you know I have the same issue, DJI RC (mini 3 pro) does not charge anymore, I have the mini 3 since two weeks, and the RC charging (by USB type C cable and 30W power supply) was ok.
Now the USB RC port and USB plug becomes very hot and the RC LEDs show a pattern similar to that described in post number 10#

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this problem to the relevant team and they are checking this problem. If you have any more needs or questions, you can also contact us.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this problem to the relevant team and they are checking this problem. If you have any more needs or questions, you can also contact us all the time.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sg.catarino Posted at 5-29 10:30
But now its worse... completly dead... i connect to powerbanks, pc, diferent chargers, the fly more adaptor... nothing works... i only have a 1 constant blink. at almost 1 day... and doesn't power on...

Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. Is your problem resolved now? We recommend that you can send us your drone. Here is the link:  https://www.dji.com/support/repair We will check and confirm the problem. And please keep us updated after you send it to us. We will then pay attention to this case. Thanks in advance.
2022-6-20
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-20 23:21
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded this problem to the relevant team and they are checking this problem. If you have any more needs or questions, you can also contact us all the time.

Hi, thanks for the support.
The DJI Technical team should receive the RC today.
I hope the RC issue will be solved in the shortest time as my new AC is waiting the RC to fly
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 6-23 01:29
Hi, thanks for the support.
The DJI Technical team should receive the RC today.
I hope the RC issue will be solved in the shortest time as my new AC is waiting the RC to fly

Hi, there. Thanks for your update. Our engineer is working on this issue. And we hope you can use your RC as soon as possible and always have a nice fly~ And if you have any more needs or questions, please just let us know.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_m2ZdiRnFwUi8
New

Italy

Hi friend ,
Did you solved it? I have the same problem
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_m2ZdiRnFwUi8 Posted at 6-26 13:06
Hi friend ,

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please take a photo of the firmware version of DJI RC for us? Also, may we confirm that can you turn on the DJI RC and use it normally?
2022-6-26
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_m2ZdiRnFwUi8 Posted at 6-26 13:06
Hi friend ,

Yes, I sent the RC to the DJI support (as suggested by the customer support chat). The DJI technical support found a malfunction hardware on the main controller board, now the RC is under repair.
I am  waiting  for the RC shipment.
Bye

30 06 UPDATE: RC received today (it's a new one), new RC firmware just updated. It works (charging and flying the AC ).
                           Best regards
2022-6-27
Use props
djiuser_z2lvMYlxQWIV
New

United States

I can't believe so many people are having this issue after updating the firmware. It is completely unacceptable that this many people have to send in the remote because of an update. Please don't say it's hardware when everyone's remote worked perfectly fine before the update. My favorite part is that I only got to fly it once!!!!
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_z2lvMYlxQWIV Posted at 7-2 16:45
I can't believe so many people are having this issue after updating the firmware. It is completely unacceptable that this many people have to send in the remote because of an update. Please don't say it's hardware when everyone's remote worked perfectly fine before the update. My favorite part is that I only got to fly it once!!!!

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you can understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. If you encounter any issues while using the drone and RC, please tell us more details, we will do our best to help. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_z2lvMYlxQWIV
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-2 20:16
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Hope you can understand that each case is different and we need to discuss it on a case-by-case basis. If you encounter any issues while using the drone and RC, please tell us more details, we will do our best to help. Thanks for your understanding.

It's not case by case if there are 50 plus people who UPDATED THE FIRM WARE AND THEN COULD NOT CHARGE!!!!!!! your team is no help and i hope you people don't make more than $7.50 an hour
2022-7-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_z2lvMYlxQWIV Posted at 7-9 07:52
It's not case by case if there are 50 plus people who UPDATED THE FIRM WARE AND THEN COULD NOT CHARGE!!!!!!! your team is no help and i hope you people don't make more than $7.50 an hour

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about your issue? Or have you sent it back to our service center for further diagnosis?
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_QNYJQNKkg870
lvl.1
Sweden

I have the same Issue but with the drone itself.
Charged it once and the second time it either do nothing, but I tried an other cable and tried from usb c on my pc and now it only blink 1 led 2 led and then back.
Kinda sucks to pay >$1100 for this.
2022-7-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you tried charging for more than two hours? If only the first and second leds are still on, can you send us a related video bia Google Drive or Dropbox? We will confirm and reply to you ASAP, please don't worry.
2022-7-23
Use props
Akinetopsia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65184 ft
Canada

Same problem. DJI RC (Firmware 01.01.0300) now at 49% and won't charge. It shows the charging animation for two cycles then just starts flashing two leds steady for about a second while both the connector and remote get extremely hot, enough to smell like cooked plastic.

Tried in decreasing power: 25w charger, rechargeable battery pack, basic phone charger. Tried the provided cable and probably 4 other usb-c cables, all with the same result.

This looks like a short.

I also had issues with one of the Flymore batteries refusing to charge until i drained it some more.

I need my drone next weekend and i can't go without a controller.

Edit: Using a usb amp/volt meter inline with the remote sends the meter into protect mode, so most definitely a short in the charging module of the Mini RC.

Great.

2022-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Akinetopsia Posted at 7-30 17:28
Same problem. DJI RC (Firmware 01.01.0300) now at 49% and won't charge. It shows the charging animation for two cycles then just starts flashing two leds steady for about a second while both the connector and remote get extremely hot, enough to smell like cooked plastic.

Tried in decreasing power: 25w charger, rechargeable battery pack, basic phone charger. Tried the provided cable and probably 4 other usb-c cables, all with the same result.

Hi Akinetopsia, I am sorry to read about your case. If you have tested and confirmed the RC issue, please send the controller back for further service.
May I know when and where did you purchase the drone? If you purchased it from the local retailer, you can try to contact them to see if they can help with your drone directly as you need it urgently.
Or please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back, if there is still an issue with the said aircraft battery, please send it in as well. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair
We will do our best to help this out.

2022-7-30
Use props
Akinetopsia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65184 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 7-30 22:24
Hi Akinetopsia, I am sorry to read about your case. If you have tested and confirmed the RC issue, please send the controller back for further service.
May I know when and where did you purchase the drone? If you purchased it from the local retailer, you can try to contact them to see if they can help with your drone directly as you need it urgently.
Or please fill out the online repair request on our official web and send it back, if there is still an issue with the said aircraft battery, please send it in as well. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Purchased directly from DJI official website on July 14th, Delivered on the 20th. IIRC i did charge it a bit without issue the first time to run the updates, otherwise this would have been the remote's first true charge.

I'm going to have to hold on to it hoping i have enough battery left and will send it back in the week of Aug 7. I'll know more about that battery state after that weekend's session.

Worst case scenario, i have a friend who has a Mini SE with the smartphone controller. Would that controller be compatible with my Mini 3 ?

Thanks
2022-7-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Akinetopsia Posted at 7-31 06:07
Purchased directly from DJI official website on July 14th, Delivered on the 20th. IIRC i did charge it a bit without issue the first time to run the updates, otherwise this would have been the remote's first true charge.

I'm going to have to hold on to it hoping i have enough battery left and will send it back in the week of Aug 7. I'll know more about that battery state after that weekend's session.

Sorry for your inconvenience. We are afraid that the remote controller for DJI Mini SE is not compatible with DJI Mini 3 Pro. It is RC-N1 controller that can connect to DJI Mini3 Pro.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_2K5sFuENnIUJ
New

United States

Bought from Best Buy yesterday to take on vacation tomorrow.  Same problem, drone itself will not charge.  Awesome…

No more in stock in all of Houston to try to exchange before I leave.  Absolutely ridiculous.

2022-8-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_2K5sFuENnIUJ Posted at 8-1 14:07
Bought from Best Buy yesterday to take on vacation tomorrow.  Same problem, drone itself will not charge.  Awesome…

No more in stock in all of Houston to try to exchange before I leave.  Absolutely ridiculous.

Hello, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. You may also contact our support to create a case for you and then send it back. We will help this out. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2022-8-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules