Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
basse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213271 ft
Norway

To DJI teams:

Software feature requests for DJI FPV Combo drone firmware

1. Ability to adjust sensitivity to THROTTLE, like you can do currently with YAW, PITCH, ROLL.
2. Making the background of the Remote Controller menu half-transparent, so if you want to quickly change some settings while in-flight (hovering in N-mode), you can do this while keeping an eye on the drone.
3. Custom controller settings, instead of just three pre-configured modes. (Deciding which dimension go on which stick, including INVERT possiblities.)
4. When in Manual, make it possible to preset C2 settings for three different Gimbal angels (custom), eg. 0, 15 and 30 degrees.
5. More signal statistics. Eg. FCC/CE mode, signal boost, signal band in use, etc, so that debugging signal issues is much easier.  

Software feature request for Dji Virtual Flight Simulator (DJI FPV)

6. More realistic physics settings. Currently there's a big difference for IRL and simulator physics, especially gravity / throttle. This makes it hard to practice properly, since stick feel is too different between IRL and sim.
7. Open-source the Dji Virtual Flight Sim app, and you'll have a much better product pretty quickly, incl. support for Android / Mac.

2022-5-29
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

Good requests
but
1. It is useless since you can adjust the friction force as you like.
4. Dangerous imo.
2022-5-29
Use props
basse
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks a lot for for your input, FlyLow! Glad you agree on most of the requests! Just to clarify a bit what I meant regarding the other points:

1. I use the throttle stick without friction, but I'm mostly using the bottom 20% of the stick, since it's so sensitive. I think it would be good to be able to adjust this sensitivity, so that hover could be around 50%, for example, and the EXPO could be tuned to keep things snappy. The issue now is that the range of the throttle stick is not really being utilized, and adding more friction to the stick wouldn't solve this.

4. Currently I'm adjusting gimbal angle with the dial while flying, since you want a different angle for hovering in place, slow manouvering, and high-speed flying. Adjusting the dial is not always accurate, it's hard to hit exactly the angles you want to use. Having the presets would mitigate this. I don't see how this would be more dangerous. Also, it would have to be optional, just like there are options for what to map on C1 and C2.
2022-5-29
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

I would agree with 1 - 5, with #4 being the one I want the most, follow by #2 and then #3. 100% agree that it would be nice to be able to use the 3 way toggle switch to adjust the gimble, based on what I was wanting to do at that moment in flight.

I don't use the simulator anymore, and haven't used it since before the latest update. However, between it and some of the STEAM options, I felt they did a good job preparing me for what flying in M Mode was actually like, even if it wasn't exact.

However, all this is a pipe dream, as I think DJI is abandoning future improvements to this UAS. There are still little issues with this UAS and the FW that have yet to be addressed, and I'm losing hope that they'll continue to release FW updates for this system. Would be nice if they fixed the reported issues and used their community feedback for enhancements to the system, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-29
Use props
basse
lvl.1
Norway

RH009 Posted at 5-29 14:20
I would agree with 1 - 5, with #4 being the one I want the most, follow by #2 and then #3. 100% agree that it would be nice to be able to use the 3 way toggle switch to adjust the gimble, based on what I was wanting to do at that moment in flight.

I don't use the simulator anymore, and haven't used it since before the latest update. However, between it and some of the STEAM options, I felt they did a good job preparing me for what flying in M Mode was actually like, even if it wasn't exact.

Thanks RH009 for your input, glad to hear you also find these features useful!

Yeah I agree the Dji Virtual Flight Simulatior is excellent for preparing for Manual, even though the physics are a bit off. I would just love to use the sim for practicing more advanced moves as well, and for that the physics settings need to be adjusted a bit more to real-life.

As for Dji developer teams, I'm sure they will consider these features, as the features are all very low-effort to implement, with high-value for end users. (The best quadrant to be in! ) I know that DJI, like any successful company, cares a lot about their end users, and taking action on simple, low-effort improvements are always considered. So I'm hopeful to see continued improvement on the software side.
2022-5-29
Use props
basse
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-29 17:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for picking up on this, DJI Paladin! Would love to know if some or all of these minor improvements will be included in the roadmap.

Thanks again!
2022-5-29
Use props
basse
lvl.1
Norway

Also,

8. Showing a smaill number on the side of the Goggles view to indiciate what angle the gimbal is currently at (ie. not hiding the number after gimbal movement). As it is now, I have to actively move the gimbal just to see which angle I'm at. It's very useful information to have before pitching forward and going full speed. This could be an optional setting.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

basse Posted at 5-29 20:41
Thanks for picking up on this, DJI Paladin! Would love to know if some or all of these minor improvements will be included in the roadmap.

Thanks again!

You are always welcome. We really appreciate your patience and understanding. Stay safe always!
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules