Camera View not working, Android, Samsung S20
2245 21 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 570620 ft
United States

Got Camera View 1 time, after many attempts. Reinstalled, Will not go into camera view. Will record videos when flying and when not flying. App info says Enter Camera View ON. Latest Android Version. FIrmware updated on May 27 2022. Using 16527129990381-DJI-v1.6.1-220516-1025-1025-51774-official-sec.apk. What gives? used Connection  guide on DJI fly app. Do I need to get another drone?
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? In addition, can you please provide us a screenshot of the screen where you at (showing the error message) on the app for us to further isolate the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

Already did Uninstaller, and re-installed.  No error message. Just black screen. Many times, one successful. Followed on app instructions.
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

I'll be returning it tomorrow
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_ylGQASRbKibc
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-29 20:58

Hi, i am using s22 ultra. Same problem camera view not working. Its been 3 months till the samsung s22 ultra released. Still not working.  
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-29 20:58

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. I have sent you a beta version of DJI Fly as a temporary solution, please check it.
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ylGQASRbKibc Posted at 5-29 22:40
Hi, i am using s22 ultra. Same problem camera view not working. Its been 3 months till the samsung s22 ultra released. Still not working.

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. I have sent you a beta version of DJI Fly as a temporary solution, please check it.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-30 00:53

Haven't received beta yet? Has it been sent? Checked junk folder too and not there either
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-30 04:13
Haven't received beta yet? Has it been sent? Checked junk folder too and not there either

Hi, there. Please check it in your private message. Please open the forum on PC.
2022-5-30
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

It appears to be Android 12 related. That, and Samsung related. Mainly Android 12 when version 1.5 works, and Android 11.

DJI screwed up needing to do a mandatory hotfix to allow Android 12 to function with the app and vice-versa. I had this issue also spending most of my day searching for the answer finding its all related to DJI fly not being able to handle Android 12. DJI themselves should know for sure. The sooner it gets patched the better.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-30 17:44
Hi, there. Please check it in your private message. Please open the forum on PC.

Thanks for your info. My intention in getting a drone was using it to fly in camera view and not spending many hours screwing around trying to get it to work and not being able to for reasons I shouldn't and don't have any control over. Not sure what was the rationale to release with no testing. Maybe why it's not on Google Play ? Ruined the brand. Have already found competitors that are very responsive with products that WORK and have more and better features. Returned my mini SE for full refund and purchased from other manufacturer. Hours of my life that gone... but have a working drone out of box. Even uses phone with no data, wifi enabled drone, live view, collision avoidance and many other features that were not available on SE. Competitive pricing. Sometime you have to kiss a frog before you kiss a princess? I digress...
2022-5-30
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-30 20:47
Thanks for your info. My intention in getting a drone was using it to fly in camera view and not spending many hours screwing around trying to get it to work and not being able to for reasons I shouldn't and don't have any control over. Not sure what was the rationale to release with no testing. Maybe why it's not on Google Play ? Ruined the brand. Have already found competitors that are very responsive with products that WORK and have more and better features. Returned my mini SE for full refund and purchased from other manufacturer. Hours of my life that gone... but have a working drone out of box. Even uses phone with no data, wifi enabled drone, live view, collision avoidance and many other features that were not available on SE. Competitive pricing. Sometime you have to kiss a frog before you kiss a princess? I digress...

You're welcome.

I'm still going to keep mine in hopes something shall improve. I spent $700 Canadian so I need to make it work. Granted, I could return it back to Amazon, etc, etc. I was suggested to do that by a friend. I need this drone for my July trip so there are no if's, and's, or buts. I need this drone to work.

Maybe when situations settle again I may consider a non-DJI drone.... Hope this situation shall force DJI to hold more quality control. Stop screwing around and actually do things properly.

To those that are obtaining the DJI Mini SE, make sure you have an Android 11 (as of 2022). Once DJI releases a hotfix/patch (if they ever do; They 100% need to) then we won't have to 'no-scope' our content, or downgrade. I'm probably just going to stay needlessly stubborn for awhile.

The longer it takes DJI to release a hot fix the more at fault they're at. The more willing I'll be to write a bad review, and more willing I'll bad reviews. I'm willing to give them a grave period (just before mid July) to right their wrongs so this ain't a threat, this is just how we're reacting to compatibility issues. People desired to fly a drone, they got 'black-screened', so they return it. I was suggested to do the same via Amazon, yet holding off on it to ride the wave.
2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

Arcticu Posted at 5-30 21:43
You're welcome.

I'm still going to keep mine in hopes something shall improve. I spent $700 Canadian so I need to make it work. Granted, I could return it back to Amazon, etc, etc. I was suggested to do that by a friend. I need this drone for my July trip so there are no if's, and's, or buts. I need this drone to work.

I respect your decision, but if you need it in July then maybe getting one that works now would give you a chance to get good at flying? Not sure of regs in Canada, but I read that the government is more strict on flying drones, even recreational.  What I did learn about DJI is that their drones are geo locked. I did manage to unlock a an 'authorized zone' that was in the end easy to do, but the path was hours. Probably could do it faster now. There also other zones such as 'restricted zone'that have an even more lengthy time-line and you don’t know until you try to take off. If you in a zone that is locked, the RC controller will not let your drone take off. That goes for the <250 gram version in the USA. Other manufacturers don't have this locking feature. They do encourage FAA registration, which is online, simple and costs $5 USD. Has to declared recreational and can be over 250 grams. Mine was in transit the day after purchase, and I should be flying mid week.
2022-5-31
Use props
Arcticu
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-31 03:45
I respect your decision, but if you need it in July then maybe getting one that works now would give you a chance to get good at flying? Not sure of regs in Canada, but I read that the government is more strict on flying drones, even recreational.  What I did learn about DJI is that their drones are geo locked. I did manage to unlock a an 'authorized zone' that was in the end easy to do, but the path was hours. Probably could do it faster now. There also other zones such as 'restricted zone'that have an even more lengthy time-line and you don’t know until you try to take off. If you in a zone that is locked, the RC controller will not let your drone take off. That goes for the
It appears me being stubborn paid off, for now. The latest update fixed the black screen with me being able to see where it is going.

V1.6.4 (1635-official) for Samsung galaxy s21 fe.

Its true its geo-locked, more so when it locked me out at error code 30064 when trying to start me drone. May have been tutorial related. Checking the maps of areas I want to go showed mostly clear skies. I can fly in nice areas.

You do you, it appears I can have fun with my DJI Mini Se for awhile. If I ever get locked out I hope there is a third party app to take over. Fpv Tello app was a nice touch with the panorama mode.

If this stays compatible for the next months and  years I shall stay happy.

Now to find areas to take off at and have fun.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

Happy it worked out for you!
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-30 17:44

Don't have computer
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_xXjMEyPX1myD Posted at 5-31 10:28
Don't have computer

Don't have computer, just phone
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_7a2Dx9X78UDa
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello, same issue here.
Some fix?
Regards.
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_7a2Dx9X78UDa
lvl.1

Argentina

I fixed downgrading apk dji fly to 1.5.1
Downloaded from apk mirror.
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_8CW3YTBqW2io
lvl.1

Latvia

V1.6.8 Galaxy S22 Ultra. I tried to reinstall the app and no success.

I read this forum and understand that even if it works DJI can just cut video support out in another update.
I`m happy that I can return this device and get my money back.
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_NFLbGKRDVEHW
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my dji mini se, no camera feed on s22 ultra, I have Uninstalled and reinstall a few times with no luck, can someone help me out
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_wpyQkC1YqzJh
New
Flight distance : 732 ft

Australia

Hi my mini flies fine but has no camera view. Phone is a Samsung S22
2022-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules