10231 88 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiganer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48031 ft
Australia

Manich Posted at 6-30 02:35
Adding to my earlier reply, Ive removed the old M3 from my DJI account through the controller and it says my DJI Care Refresh is still active on the new one.
One thing I did notice however, is that the M3 serial number and the controllers are the same. Seems a bit wierd. I can only assume that the controller takes on the serial number of the M3 when its paired?
If you power up your controller, go to Profile, then Device management, see if your controller shares the same serial number with the M3.....
Hi,

Just checked the DJI Fly app on my phone and you’re correct, the controller and drone both have the same serial number! I hadn’t noticed that. You’d think they would be unique.

DJI Australia have received my drone today and have started their assessment. Hopefully I get a fixed replacement back soon.

Have you tried any further flights with yours yet for the fogging issue?

When they sent your replacement drone, did it come back in a new DJI retail box with matching serial number sticker, or did they send it back in a non retail box?

Cheers.
2022-6-30
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1975351 ft
United Kingdom

Wiganer Posted at 6-30 02:47
Hi,

Just checked the DJI Fly app on my phone and you’re correct, the controller and drone both have the same serial number! I hadn’t noticed that. You’d think they would be unique.

Thanks for checking the serial numbers.....I thought it was just me. The serial number on the controller is obviously a variable which is rewritten to match the drone its paired with. Wierd, but not a problem.

I had it out yesterday for around 2 hours in total in both warm weather, over the sea and land, and later last night when it was much cooler, and hey ho, no fogging at all........and as for the image and footage quality, well, just wow. Its wayyyyy better than my P4P with its 1in sensor.
The new update released yesterday has also added continuous AF in video mode as well as focus tracking in portrait, and also a 2 second gap for hyperlapse, added stabilization during hyperlapse. Its a long list, but it shows theyre listening. Some huge improvements in that update.

As for when they sent me a replacement drone, it came in an original box with the serial number, just like buying new. All sealed. So it was either a reconditioned or new item.....but not had any problems with it at all since it was returned.
2022-7-1
Use props
Wiganer
lvl.2
Australia

Manich Posted at 7-1 01:16
Thanks for checking the serial numbers.....I thought it was just me. The serial number on the controller is obviously a variable which is rewritten to match the drone its paired with. Wierd, but not a problem.

I had it out yesterday for around 2 hours in total in both warm weather, over the sea and land, and later last night when it was much cooler, and hey ho, no fogging at all........and as for the image and footage quality, well, just wow. Its wayyyyy better than my P4P with its 1in sensor.

That’s really good to hear that your new drone seems to be fine now with regards the fogging issue.

My replacement drone has been posted back to me by DJI today and I can see it has a new serial number. Just hoping the issue is resolved.

Cheers for the info.
2022-7-1
Use props
Wiganer
lvl.2
Australia

Extremely unhappy with the service received from DJI.

I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with RC, which isn't cheap, and had to send it back to DJI due to the lens constantly fogging up in flight, as mentioned in earlier posts on this thread, I'd only flown it a few times, this appears to be a fairly common issue sadly.  Not a great start for a new drone purchase.

Waited 2 weeks and received the replacement drone today, it was in a sealed retail box and contained just the drone without a battery (the same as I sent to them) and it had a new serial number.  Powered the drone on and straight away the gimbal was acting strange with the camera going fully up and down a few times (more than normal) and then it stayed pointing upwards, it eventually seemed to settle down after a reboot.  After pairing the drone with my controller I was then prompted to update the firmware on the drone, I started that process and the firmware failed at about 88%.  Powered off the drone and controller and tried the update again a number of times but it failed every time at the same point.

I then went into the camera settings of the drone and it was complaining about the gimbal in red at the top, I can't recall the exact message but when I clicked the red message it gave a lot more errors relating to gimbal parts missing and it needing a repair among other things.  I tried to recalibrate the gimbal but the drone didn't respond after I did the first 360 degree turn so couldn't proceed further.  I also tried an IMU calibration but after pressing the Start button in that calibration section, it did nothing and wouldn't move from that screen either.

I rang DJI support, they said to try updating the drone via DJI assistant on a computer, I tried that and if failed on all of the 3 update files. So I rang DJI again and I'm now waiting for a return label so that I can send the drone back again, to no doubt wait another 2 weeks for a 2nd replacement!

I have no confidence whatsoever that the next drone I receive back will either be working or won't have the lens fogging issue.

Really not good when you have just spent a lot of money on a new product, it ends up being defective and they can't even test the drones they're sending back as replacements...  Shocking.  
2022-7-7
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wiganer Posted at 7-7 00:07
Extremely unhappy with the service received from DJI.

I purchased the Mini 3 Pro with RC, which isn't cheap, and had to send it back to DJI due to the lens constantly fogging up in flight, as mentioned in earlier posts on this thread, I'd only flown it a few times, this appears to be a fairly common issue sadly.  Not a great start for a new drone purchase.

Damn, thats harsh. I think however, that youve just been unlucky and got a faulty one sent out to you. Im assuming these ones they send out, body, boxed, no battery, are new rather than reconditioned, though I may be wrong. Hang in there. Youll be happy as Larry when you get it sorted.
Ive not had any problem with fogging since they sent my replacement out, and with the additional updates, it just keeps getting better and better. In fact, the fogging has been the only problem Ive had and Im more than happy with it now that thats been resolved.
I know youll be a bit unhappy at the way its gone for you at the moment, but seriously, I think you ll be more than happy eventually. Its worth the wait. Believe me.
2022-7-8
Use props
Wiganer
lvl.2
Australia

Manich Posted at 7-8 01:13
Damn, thats harsh. I think however, that youve just been unlucky and got a faulty one sent out to you. Im assuming these ones they send out, body, boxed, no battery, are new rather than reconditioned, though I may be wrong. Hang in there. Youll be happy as Larry when you get it sorted.
Ive not had any problem with fogging since they sent my replacement out, and with the additional updates, it just keeps getting better and better. In fact, the fogging has been the only problem Ive had and Im more than happy with it now that thats been resolved.
I know youll be a bit unhappy at the way its gone for you at the moment, but seriously, I think you ll be more than happy eventually. Its worth the wait. Believe me.

Cheers mate.

Hopefully that’s the case with the next one. I knew it probably wasn’t a good sign when the gimbal protector was still the old style as well.

Fingers crossed for the 3rd one!
2022-7-8
Use props
Manich
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wiganer Posted at 7-8 04:49
Cheers mate.

Hopefully that’s the case with the next one. I knew it probably wasn’t a good sign when the gimbal protector was still the old style as well.

So how did it go? All working? Satisfied?
2022-7-31
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

You can just put the drone (or any camera or lens) inside a food dehydrator at 45ºC and leave it there 8 hours or so to get rid of the problem. Sun also works, but food dehydrator don emit UV and harmful radiations that will destroy materials on the long run.

Sometimes a bit of rain hits the drone or any photography equipement and the best procedure is to put them on the food dehydrator afterwards. Also is a good practice to pick relatively big bags of silica gel and leave them inside the bag of the drone/camera/lenses.

I live on the seaside... so corrosion and humidity are like my best friends.
2022-7-31
Use props
mark8977
lvl.2

Austria

To all people who have managed to get the condensation out of the lens (With silica gel, haird dryer, food dehydrator...) Is it permanent fixed or did the condensation appear again?
I think if the condensation can get out of the lens it might not be sealed probably, so it can get in again too! (Maybe in winter) Or am I wrong?
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules