589 3 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

Hi All,

This weekend I had my Air 2s folded up in a backpack with one of those brackets to secure the props, etc.  When I opened up the backpack I realized the drone was powered on by something leaning against the backpack, and the battery was almost fully drained (started with full charge).  Not only was the battery very hot, but the underside of the drone was too hot to touch.

After I let everything cool off I recharched the battery to about 60%, but when unplugging it the lights stayed on, not just flashing status then turning off like usual.  I let it sit for about an hour, then it started behaving normally.  I finished the charge and a test flight seemed to go fine.

Do I need to be worried that I damaged either the battery or the drone?  Is there a way to run any diagnostics on the battery to confirm?  Might be time for a hard-sided case...

Thanks in advance,
Mike
2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly please make sure that you keep an eye on the DJI Fly app and check whether it gives you an error message about the battery. In addition, you may discharge the battery and leave it again on the charger until it goes to 100% then check if you still have the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-29
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

You could try to check the battery's current health with Airdata.
2022-5-29
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

Thanks Hrodnand for the Airdata recommendation.  I hadn't used that before, but looks to be extremely helpful.  I don't see any warnings or errors with that battery so hopefully I didn't put too much strain on it.  So far so good.

Mike
2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules