Vietnam

i watched, that's great but i can't do it. Can someone help me?thanks

2022-5-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The wiring you see is ultimately connected to the wifi module somehow.  I'd look at the ribbon cable that had originally been connected from the centerboard or wifi module to the stock camera via the gimbal assy and try to figure out how to wire that to your Go Pro.  This is a completely unconventional mod - I've never seen anything like it.  And I'm not sure what the advantage is, if there is one.  Looks like a huge headache.  And for what?  If it was me, I would just stick with the stock camera and gimbal.  

If you insist on connecting a GoPro to a Phantom, why not use a straight P2 which was specifically designed to do the job - rather than a P2V+?  

Good luck
2022-5-30
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-30 04:04
The wiring you see is ultimately connected to the wifi module somehow.  I'd look at the ribbon cable that had originally been connected from the centerboard or wifi module to the stock camera via the gimbal assy and try to figure out how to wire that to your Go Pro.  This is a completely unconventional mod - I've never seen anything like it.  And I'm not sure what the advantage is, if there is one.  Looks like a huge headache.  And for what?  If it was me, I would just stick with the stock camera and gimbal.  

If you insist on connecting a GoPro to a Phantom, why not use a straight P2 which was specifically designed to do the job - rather than a P2V+?  

I can't find P2 wifi in my phone, it seems to be having a problem with the module. Do you have a way to fix them?
Thank you
2022-5-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

The wifi signal actually comes from the Range Extender.  
2022-5-31
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-31 02:33
The wifi signal actually comes from the Range Extender.

Thank you.
I will open my P2 so I can check if there is a wifi transmitter module or not?
2022-5-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

If your P2 is a P2V+, there should be a wifi module inside - unless somebody removed it.  

If your P2 is a straight P2, there would be no wifi module inside.

If your P2 is a P2V, there will be no wifi module inside.  The wifi board would be in the egg camera module.  

You can download a wifi analyzer for free which will detect if wifi is coming from your P2.  

Good luck
2022-6-1
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-1 04:58
If your P2 is a P2V+, there should be a wifi module inside - unless somebody removed it.  

I had to open my P2 to check and unfortunately it doesn't have a wifi module. I bought it on ebay, how can I check is it P2, P2+ or P2V? Thank.

2022-6-4
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

2022-6-4
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-1 04:58

Where can I download a free my P2 wifi analyzer?
2022-6-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

That's a straight Phantom 2.  It's not a P2V+ like you implied in the OP.  And there is a huge difference between the two Phantoms.

You can tell it's a straight P2 because the receiver board on the right underneath the centerboard is 2.4 ghz.  The other Phantom 2 Vision versions are 5.8 ghz.  

This is a little frustrating.  It's like you're asking how to fix a Ford and a week later we find out you own a Chevy.  

I suggest you read the straight P2 manual cover to cover at least twice before we go any further.  A lot of your questions and problems, now and in the future, will be resolved by reading the manual.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-2
2022-6-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

mrvu91 Posted at 6-4 00:58
Where can I download a free my P2 wifi analyzer?

You can download them from the android playstore.  If you have an apple, I guess you'd find it at the apple store?  
2022-6-4
Use props
mrvu91
lvl.2

Vietnam

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-4 03:29
You can download them from the android playstore.  If you have an apple, I guess you'd find it at the apple store?

I have found them.
thank you
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules