Battery on/off switch inadvertant activation
251 1 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyn4fun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61079 ft
United States

I opened up my Mavic Air 2 carry case this evening and one of the batteries was warm. I suspect that somewhere along the way I might have squeezed the case or bumped and inadvertantly activated the battery. I do not know a way to avoid this possibility but I am new to the Air 2, having upgraded from a Mini. This might be a suggestion to DJI for future designs that maybe one of the electrical connections between the battery and the Air 2 or other drones could be used as a type of kill switch when the battery is unplugged. in other words, when the battery is unplugged from the drone it cannot be turned on. Or maybe it can be powered on when plugged onto to the charging unit. I am offering this suggestion because I do not know if the battery would have continued to heat up and possibly catch fire. I prefer knowing beyond a doubt that it will not power up if not connected to the drone.

2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please kindly note this situation may be caused by discharging the battery automatically. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.
2022-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules