Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Problem
1398 7 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LIPHANTOM
lvl.2

United States

Hey Everyone,  A little while ago I posted in another thread about ground station losing its waypoints and I didn't know why.   I setup another mission over the holiday and put in my waypoints.   I sent it on its way and decided to switch to the camera view to make some adjustments to the angle of the camera.   After I did this I switched back to the ground station to find all my waypoints gone and the GPS position of my phantom was at my home lock and not tracking.   The Phantom did complete its mission and came back to me thankfully.   I checked to see if there were any updates to the software and it said it was up to date.   I am running the app on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Anyone have any input on this?   Should I not be switching screens?

Thanks!
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can switch screens, I do it all the time.  Is it possible you had lost WIFI connection to the Phantom?
2014-12-1
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 00:10
You can switch screens, I do it all the time.  Is it possible you had lost WIFI connection to the Ph ...

Losing the WiFi connection to the Phantom won't cause the waypoints in the app to disappear. It happens to me all the time and the waypoints are still there.  It will just re-upload them when it regains connection. I'm wondering if there's a bug in the app as someone on here who experienced a flyaway described seeing the waypoints disappear in the app as well.
2014-12-1
Use props
max
lvl.3

South Africa

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-2 00:27
Losing the WiFi connection to the Phantom won't cause the waypoints in the app to disappear. It ha ...

MMM, I think the software may still  be buggy.
I programmed a straight line flight to a waypoint about 600m away, hover and return to my position.
To my utmost surprise, after the hover, it shot off in a strait line at full speed 180degrees opposite, away from me, quickly speeding out of range
Lucky the RTH still worked when it flew out of range, and the drone is safely back

2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It will just re-upload them when it regains connection.

I don't expect that would be true; since the Phantom would already have the way points stored from the upload when you pressed "GO" there is no reason to re-upload them and doing so could, I suspect cause bad things to happen.  You may see them back on the screen but that doesn't mean they are re-uploaded to the Phantom.  Autonomous mode doesn't control using WIFI; it's 100% offline.
2014-12-1
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-2 02:40
I don't expect that would be true; since the Phantom would already have the way points stored from ...

Yeah, you wouldn't think it would re-upload when it gets a connection again as it seems unnecessary... but it sure does. The app says "uploading waypoint 1', "uploading waypoint 2", etc. after the connection is reestablished.
2014-12-1
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, I'd be curious to know if it really does upload or if there is an on-screen message and it isn't.  I'd be scared if it re-uploaded but that does open up for an interesting scenario where you could disconnect WIFI, change the way points and turn WIFI back on to upload a new program while in flight.

Not something I'd want to try with my V3+ but it would be an interesting test.
2014-12-1
Use props
ketcham
New

United States

Hi,

I have flown my Phamtom2 using the ground station way-point system about 5 times with perfect success without a camera load. I attached the camera and had a max payload of 350 to 360 g.  Set out 4 way-points at 200ft alt,  total flt time of approx 4 minutes with a freshly charged battery. It did fine to the first two way points, but wondered around trying to find the third. It finally found the third way-point and went OK to the fourth where I took manual control and landed it. Repeated this process with the battery showing three green lights but only went to 100 ft. alt. Once again it did fine to the first two way points and wondered all over trying to lock on to way-point three, finally found it and started a course towards no 4 but was flying off the flight line. It almost reached no 4 and stated straight down pretty fast, I  flied it to manual control but it didn't respond and came on down and landed hard with no damage to copter or camera. I suspect battery power and/or the load made the difference, but I was within max 350g load and had a fresh battery, can anybody tell me what the problem is?

Thanks
Pete
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules