Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Your opinions please - Island promo
546 11 2022-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I decided to attempt a mini documentary / promo. This is my first try at this medium.
If anyone wants to do this sort of thing, I would be pleased to share what I learned from the exercise.
I did produce full documentation which you can see, if you ask for it.

I would also welcome your constructive comment.
Thanks.

2022-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlansDronePics. Good day and thank you for sharing this fantastic video that you have filmed and created. Great work and keep flying. .
2022-5-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks good Alan.  
2022-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic promo Alan.    Makes me want to come and visit for sure.  
2022-5-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Jersey

Thank you all.
2022-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I like it.
The shot at 1:41 is over exposed only.
2022-5-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 02:29
I like it.
The shot at 1:41 is over exposed only.

Thank you, i will watch out for that in future.
2022-6-1
Use props
Mannie3
Flight distance : 3609 ft

United Kingdom

VERY good and immersive for a first attempt. Looks very polished and pro.
2022-6-1
Use props
Vincent Leclerc
lvl.4

Hong Kong

For me personally, I'd prefer using a real human voice for the voiceover. Add an ambient background music and make the original audio louder definitely will take the video to another level. For post production, TunesKit AceMovi has been my go-to, I'd recommend using it to make an intro and outro for the doc. Hope this helps!
2022-6-1
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

impressive work... ...
2022-6-1
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Guernsey

Vincent Leclerc Posted at 6-1 18:01
For me personally, I'd prefer using a real human voice for the voiceover. Add an ambient background music and make the original audio louder definitely will take the video to another level. For post production, TunesKit AceMovi has been my go-to, I'd recommend using it to make an intro and outro for the doc. Hope this helps!

Hi Vincent,
Don't we all prefer a human voice, however the robotic voice is better than mine. I do however agree with you, and a couple of others who said the same thing.
The right background music seems to be a greater challenge for content makers than any other facet of the production. Thank goodness for the mute button. Sorry you guys, but having viewed hundreds of videos, I can only recall one appropriate piece of musical accompaniment. In that case it was a stunning AirVūz piece showing Scottish Highlands at sunset with wisps of mist. The misic was atmospheric and the video, truly cinematic. For that reason, I do prefer ambient sounds. I did notice the uncomfortable silence during the B&W wreck photo. Mind you, in this PC world, perhaps a respectful silence was appropriate considering the lost soul. Let's stick with that.
Oddly, the link you gave showed the dreaded 404 page error but mixed in were various service offers. I do appreciate the suggestion and have noted it for the next time I need music on the cheap.
The exercise of making the promo, which wasn't for actual use as a commercial enterprise, revealed lots of things I hadn't considered. For example, there has to be a story. Actually, that term, story, has always irritated me but I haven't found a better word. There has to be a linked flow from one scene to the next that explains to the viewer what they need to know about the topic. With no disrespect to anyone here, most videos are cobbled together clips that are little more than moving slides. a series of stills would have done as well, if not better.
I also learned that the story must be impossibly short, or the viewer will get bored. This is particularly true of drone-ons like flying over a lake or valley. When I started droning, I strung my videos together with these scenes taking ages to complete. I understand why we do it for ourselves, but few strangers will appreciate it. So, impossibly short clips and a minute long video will get better views than a long one, unless it is an instructional, of course.
The script is essential. It is the first step in the whole process from what I learned. It enables you to create the story in a way that has a start, meaningful middle and an end. By the way, I detest long intros. Who gives a toss who you are, because you aint  20th Century Fox... Get on with it.
When you are happy with the script, you have a framework to build on with the vision aspect.
Usually, speaking time and clip time are quite different. A key scene can only be cropped so much but you can often add some useful words to maintain pace. It is much harder to shorten the meaningful speech to match a few seconds scene. I decided to add in some stills at such points and by using pan or zoom to continue motion, this got me out of trouble. I think...
All in all, I enjoyed the experiment and greatly appreciated criticism from the few honest souls who gave it. Those who didn't, I can only assume they thought everything was perfect. I thank them for that.
2022-6-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AlansDronePics Posted at 6-1 02:57
Thank you, i will watch out for that in future.

2022-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules