Questions about manual takeoff and GPS
774 2 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

It is my first DJI drone. One thing I don't understand, is it necessary to have a GPS connection to take off in manual? If I try to take it off indoors, or anywhere I lack GPS signal, it won't let me take off in manual. Is this normal? Because it doesn't make any sense to me.
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FlyLow. Thank you for reaching out and for this information that you have given. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI FPV drone indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you.
2022-5-30
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-30 22:10
Hello there FlyLow. Thank you for reaching out and for this information that you have given. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend flying your DJI FPV drone indoors as the environment indoors may have interference and caused an incident and also during low light condition as the vision sensors may not work properly. DJI suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Thank you.

You sound like politicians, giving an answer without really giving it.  

If I understand correctly a manual takeoff without a GPS signal is impossible. For a racing drone it is rather strange since indoor events are often organized for FPV drones, especially in winter.
2022-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules