Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some of my works from an art exhibition
12Next >
868 42 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Some time ago, our community college held a small art exhibition, showing our works on the windows of the old city hall building. In these pictures, you can see the works I chose for the exhibition. I also tested fixing the lens distortions, as the Pocket 2 mistook my filters as wide-angle lenses and caused a pincushion distortion in the pictures as it attempted to fix the 'issue'. Not sure if I got it fixed that great with the Paint.net with a plugin, but at least those are better than what they were before.

Some window reflections caused some problems with taking the pictures clearly, and I don't have variable polarizers yet, so apologies for everything not being precisely clear.

Yleisnäkymä akvarellipuuväritöistä, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Nenut vastakkain, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Kissatyttö, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Miranda, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Kärrynpyörä, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Kiitoskuva, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Ketun omakuva, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg Annan rantapäivä, linssivääristymä korjattu.jpg
2022-5-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that is some extremely creative art work.     Really great work, especially for shooting through glass windows.
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reflections notwithstanding, it's clear from those images that you have a talent.
2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-30 05:30
Wow, that is some extremely creative art work.     Really great work, especially for shooting through glass windows.

Thanks, it was fun doing them :-) I'll have to say though I am not completely satisfied with the photos, as there were some distracting reflections in them. I guess I'll have to reserve some budget for variable polarizer filters.
2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 07:25
Reflections notwithstanding, it's clear from those images that you have a talent.

Thanks so much
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome. My grand-daughter has just completed her Fine Arts degree and handed in her thesis.
She too has a real talent.
2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 07:56
You're welcome. My grand-daughter has just completed her Fine Arts degree and handed in her thesis.
She too has a real talent.

Sounds great. What medium and art supplies does she use to create her artwork? :-)
2022-5-30
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok um, very interesting work and thanks for sharing.
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-30 08:08
Sounds great. What medium and art supplies does she use to create her artwork? :-)

She's worked wsith a wide range of materials over 4 years. Watercolours, oils, acryllics.  One semester was collages using materials from nature. And she has done Animé  and computer generated work this year.
Her PC is a super fast and powerful beast - a Buggati Veyron to my Model T Ford  
Here is an early work which won her second prize in a local show in 2018.
2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-30 09:24
Ok um, very interesting work and thanks for sharing.

2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 09:39
She's worked wsith a wide range of materials over 4 years. Watercolours, oils, acryllics.  One semester was collages using materials from nature. And she has done Animé  and computer generated work this year.
Her PC is a super fast and powerful beast - a Buggati Veyron to my Model T Ford  
Here is an early work which won her second prize in a local show in 2018.

She sounds very versatile with mediums, and looking at that picture, it's no wonder she got awarded - that looks stunning! Also, it's so cool she's done animation - I've dreamed about doing some myself but haven't got the patience nor skill for that so far I myself have been a tad boring and mostly stuck with graphite, watercolor pencils and felt-tip ink pens - the times I have tried acrylics or oil myself haven't been so impressive to say the least

But you can be proud of her, she truly is very talented
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-30 11:53
She sounds very versatile with mediums, and looking at that picture, it's no wonder she got awarded - that looks stunning! Also, it's so cool she's done animation - I've dreamed about doing some myself but haven't got the patience nor skill for that so far  I myself have been a tad boring and mostly stuck with graphite, watercolor pencils and felt-tip ink pens - the times I have tried acrylics or oil myself haven't been so impressive to say the least

But you can be proud of her, she truly is very talented

She has done very well at Uni and is expecting good results.  Your own talents are pretty impressive too, good luck if that's the direction your career takes you
2022-5-30
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-30 11:58
She has done very well at Uni and is expecting good results.  Your own talents are pretty impressive too, good luck if that's the direction your career takes you

Thanks for the thumbs-up, though it has mostly been a hobby for me. Did publish a relatively short-lived comic strip and did some graphical work for money though (advertisements, brochures, banners etc.). I'll see where it will bring me :-)
2022-5-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-30 12:01
Thanks for the thumbs-up, though it has mostly been a hobby for me. Did publish a relatively short-lived comic strip and did some graphical work for money though (advertisements, brochures, banners etc.). I'll see where it will bring me :-)

Follow your star  
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

One-of-a-kind artwork, HGDC! The photo was well captured. Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love the fox face.   
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Those are true works of art!
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-30 16:28
One-of-a-kind artwork, HGDC! The photo was well captured. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for the appreciation, though I think I could have done better with the picture had I got myself a wider range of polarizers. But will do
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 00:08
Love the fox face.

Thanks, I myself think it's one of the best I've ever made :-)
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 01:06
Those are true works of art!

Thank you so much
2022-5-31
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice work !
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Thank you very much
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:14
Thank you so much

My pleasure.
How do you make these?
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 05:31
My pleasure.
How do you make these?

I usually start by sketching with a graphite pen on a watercolor paper, then inking with a felt-tip pen, after that I color them with watercolor pencils (either completely dry, wet or slightly moist depending on the texture I wish to produce), then inking again. Some of those I have done without the ink pens though. I feel this is the most natural-feeling method for me.
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:51
I usually start by sketching with a graphite pen on a watercolor paper, then inking with a felt-tip pen, after that I color them with watercolor pencils (either completely dry, wet or slightly moist depending on the texture I wish to produce), then inking again. Some of those I have done without the ink pens though. I feel this is the most natural-feeling method for me.

Impressive!
If you want (and can), it might be nice to let P2 capture this process with a timelapse.
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 05:53
Impressive!
If you want (and can), it might be nice to let P2 capture this process with a timelapse.

I'll bear the suggestion in mind, I actually attempted that before, but coudn't do it the way I originally planned, as the Pocket 2 timelapse requires the camera to be completely upright and couldn't get the proper POV because of that. But if I try it again, I'll film it with a normal speed at first and make it a timelapse in the post :-)
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:56
I'll bear the suggestion in mind, I actually attempted that before, but coudn't do it the way I originally planned, as the Pocket 2 timelapse requires the camera to be completely upright and couldn't get the proper POV because of that. But if I try it again, I'll film it with a normal speed at first and make it a timelapse in the post :-)

That does have 1 downside.
The DNG files have way more information for post processing
But I'm not sure. you can mount it on a small tripod right?
Or was the room not big enough?
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 06:02
That does have 1 downside.
The DNG files have way more information for post processing
But I'm not sure. you can mount it on a small tripod right?

I do have some tripods, but getting the view right has proven to be somewhat problematic. I usually have no separate stand for the works themselves, I just tend to do them on my kitchen table. But I'll have to do some comparison between the options and see what I can do...
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 06:11
I do have some tripods, but getting the view right has proven to be somewhat problematic. I usually have no separate stand for the works themselves, I just tend to do them on my kitchen table. But I'll have to do some comparison between the options and see what I can do...

Yeah, I know.
We usually don't have a big studio where everything can stay for weeks 'as we are working on it'.
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 5-31 06:15
Yeah, I know.
We usually don't have a big studio where everything can stay for weeks 'as we are working on it'.

Yup, same thing here. Would be cool to have one, but not really a possibility for me as of now.
2022-5-31
Use props
Drone Junkie RC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:19
Thank you very much

Your welcome
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-30 07:49
Thanks, it was fun doing them :-) I'll have to say though I am not completely satisfied with the photos, as there were some distracting reflections in them. I guess I'll have to reserve some budget for variable polarizer filters.

You're very welcome.    It's not easy shooting through glass windows without getting distortion so I think you did quite well.
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 07:43
You're very welcome.    It's not easy shooting through glass windows without getting distortion so I think you did quite well.

I think the reflections were a way more serious problem in this case than distortions. The only distortion I had was caused by the Pocket 2 itself, and even that was easy to fix once I found the right plugin for the job. Guess I was lucky considering the distortions...
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 08:24
I think the reflections were a way more serious problem in this case than distortions. The only distortion I had was caused by the Pocket 2 itself, and even that was easy to fix once I found the right plugin for the job. Guess I was lucky considering the distortions...

Poor wording on my part.  Reflections is correct.  Sorry, having a bad day is all.
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:13
Thanks, I myself think it's one of the best I've ever made :-)

I cant vouch for that not seeing everything you've made.  
2022-5-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 14:22
Poor wording on my part.  Reflections is correct.  Sorry, having a bad day is all.

No worries, we all have bad days sometimes...
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-2 01:48
No worries, we all have bad days sometimes...

At least I'm not alone in that then.  

Hope you have a great day and keep on fighting those spammers.  

2022-6-2
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-2 04:01
At least I'm not alone in that then.  

Hope you have a great day and keep on fighting those spammers.

Thanks, may you have better days too!
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-2 06:35
Thanks, may you have better days too!

For sure.  
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HGDC84 Posted at 5-31 05:11
Thanks for the appreciation, though I think I could have done better with the picture had I got myself a wider range of polarizers. But will do

You are most welcome. You did great on your works, HGDC. Stay safe always!
2022-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules