964 16 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guy shot this in Hong kong right before the new drone rule foes into effect on June 1st (no more night flyinh  except maybe in some specific area). I'm really impressed with how good the auto setting is or simple manual settings.

For a casusl user like me, This is really impressive. I fly for fun and to document my traval and I put them up on Youtube mostly for friends and families. The last thing I want to do after a full day of travel is to sit in my hotel room grading videos. To be able to shoot in auto with these kind of results is really satisfying.

2022-5-30
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hmmm, this guy wasn't impressed

2022-5-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RalUK Posted at 5-30 09:00
Hmmm, this guy wasn't impressed

Well, you can compare the 2 video and I'll say that the video from the one I posted was really good. I don't think I'll be doing much flying in the dark out in the wilderness. The video that I posted is more inline with what I would hope get in my travel. Here's another one of his video that started as a CE range test but ends with more footage of an urban area at night (8:00 mins mark)

2022-5-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This is what I want to shoot when I travel and I'll be perfectly happy with results like this starting at the 3:00 min s mark:

or this:

2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Wiz33. We really appreciate you for sharing this video with us. Hoping that you could achieve this kind of footage and just a friendly reminder, practice makes you perfect. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-5-30
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You guys seems to loose (willingly or not) an important detail:
1. Night footage means NIGHT footage...not at dawn footage.
2. You cannot talk about night footage in a super lighted environment like tennis court, shipyards...Just go over a small town and take a moie.
3. What VIC did was the most honest review, without using these cheats...he took a video above a small city  with no extra lights...

The results are the same also here... In night is noise (this is not a big deal, we can edit in post), but also is a lot of blur in HQ mode, with a lot of ghosting.
DJI needs to make a button to disable DCG as for night footage, or we need to push the FPS at 48 (in order to have DCG canceled), SS at 1/50 and we loose the advantage of F1.7 in this case.
2022-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-30 22:43
2. You cannot talk about night footage in a super lighted environment like tennis court, shipyards...Just go over a small town and take a moie.

This is what I thought, but, to be honest, I probably wouldn't be flying in pitch black either.

However, the comparison between the Mini 3 and the Nano+ is night and day (pun intended ), even in daylight conditions.

I think the Autel has got the advantage with the camera, to my untrained eye.
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive footage.    Thanks for sharing.
2022-5-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 5-30 22:43

Seriously, why would anyone shoot in the dark out in an area with minimal ambient lights? This is exactly the kind of videos I want to shoot during my travel and the result is good damn impressive. Also, I'm sure that a firmware update where you can disable DCG will come as it's been requested in a lot of threads.
2022-5-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RalUK Posted at 5-31 03:08
This is what I thought, but, to be honest, I probably wouldn't be flying in pitch black either.

However, the comparison between the Mini 3 and the Nano+ is night and day (pun intended ), even in daylight conditions.

DO you own either drone? Or are you just watching edited/graded Youtube video and giving your opinion?
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-31 07:36
Seriously, why would anyone shoot in the dark out in an area with minimal ambient lights? This is exactly the kind of videos I want to shoot during my travel and the result is good damn impressive. Also, I'm sure that a firmware update where you can disable DCG will come as it's been requested in a lot of threads.

Different people shoot for different reasons. I can't imagine myself wanting to film in this situation but that doesn't mean other people don't.
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-31 08:21
DO you own either drone? Or are you just watching edited/graded Youtube video and giving your opinion?

Why so defensive?

I have the Mini 3 on order, just received the FMC today, so I have not tried either yet. Anyone who doesn't currently have the drone are forming their opinion from "edited/graded Youtube video", much like you.
2022-5-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RalUK Posted at 5-31 08:32
Why so defensive?

I have the Mini 3 on order, just received the FMC today, so I have not tried either yet. Anyone who doesn't currently have the drone are forming their opinion from "edited/graded Youtube video", much like you.

I have not stated an opinion that one is better than the other. I just said that the Mi3P night/low light in auto looks pretty good. I'm not the one that stated one is better than other based on some videos on Youtube. Actually, if you now believe that the Nano+ is a better choice, why do you have a Mi3P on order when you could have gotten a Nano + much earlier?
2022-5-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RalUK Posted at 5-31 08:26
Different people shoot for different reasons. I can't imagine myself wanting to film in this situation but that doesn't mean other people don't.

They're looking at the wrong drone if that's something they need as a creator and for business. If you have access to a whole suite of editing software and need to shoot at night. there're better drone to be used.
2022-5-31
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-31 08:59
I have not stated an opinion that one is better than the other. I just said that the Mi3P night/low light in auto looks pretty good. I'm not the one that stated one is better than other based on some videos on Youtube. Actually, if you now believe that the Nano+ is a better choice, why do you have a Mi3P on order when you could have gotten a Nano + much earlier?

My opinion is based off my own eye and perception, and is only related to the camera capabilities.
Lots of YTers have said that the Nano+ is over-sharpened and no good for professional work. To me, who has no inclination to do any post-editing, the look of the Nano's video looks better off the bat. Does that make the Nano better? Of course not. I am untrained and can only go off what my eye tells me.

You are making presumptions about my criteria for choosing a drone. To me the Mini 3 is an all round better fit for me. The Nano+ seems to be less beginner friendly and there are a fair few reports (and 1 video, that I have seen) of it falling out of the sky for no reason. The mini also has better flight time, better obstacle avoidence and sounds quieter. The Nano seems to have better signal strength, but I think the mini will be ample for what I need it for.

With regards to the night capture video, you made a good point earlier in this thread which made sense to me. Would I ever be flying in pitch black conditions out in the sticks? Unlikely.

As I wait for my drone to be delivered, I am pretty sure I have made the right, informed choice.
2022-5-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RalUK Posted at 5-31 10:06
My opinion is based off my own eye and perception, and is only related to the camera capabilities.
Lots of YTers have said that the Nano+ is over-sharpened and no good for professional work. To me, who has no inclination to do any post-editing, the look of the Nano's video looks better off the bat. Does that make the Nano better? Of course not. I am untrained and can only go off what my eye tells me.

Those are good reasons. I stick with DJI since I'm familiar with the Fly app, I also like DJI care refresh for the peace of mind (only used it for a bad battery on the mini 2 past one year though). Also, the Nano+ firmware had a few months to evolve so I'm sure we'll see some improvements on the Mi3P in a couple months.
2022-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules