Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tripod mode may be coming!
12Next >
5420 44 2022-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Looks like Phillip Bloom may have had some success...

Tripod mode coming! Hopefully to Mini 3 too
2022-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

really good news, nicely spotted.
2022-5-30
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I have never understood why there is a cine / tripod mode, as depending on the stick input it can be flown very smooth, especially since the EXPO settings adjustment has been implemeted.
2022-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MySky Posted at 5-30 11:57
I have never understood why there is a cine / tripod mode, as depending on the stick input it can be flown very smooth, especially since the EXPO settings adjustment has been implemeted.

Not everyone is so dexterous. I can manage to fly very slow and steady in normal mode its more about experience and time spent.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

I normally use stills but there are some very talented flyers on this forum and Mavicpilots that have shown video that is effectively a still image but the drone is moving very slowly through the shot. I find that a really powerful way to portray something. You have that classic "composition" of a still but your shot isn't static so feels more "alive" if you will.  Really like that. This update would be perfect for that.  
2022-5-30
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Hello DJI do you think you will apply this to the Mini 3 Pro?  We really hope so!
2022-5-30
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Adjustable speed would be really nice.
2022-5-30
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent find, lets see if DJI implement anything
2022-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-30
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-30 16:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks DJI Paladin hopefully your engineers are well aware of the Petition by Phillip Bloom and are already looking at this. Fingers crossed!
2022-5-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Didnt even know there was a petition, signed now... I always thought that Cine was a new name for Tripod mode, i never realised i could change the speed of Tripod on my P4P :/
2022-5-30
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 5-30 18:46
Didnt even know there was a petition, signed now... I always thought that Cine was a new name for Tripod mode, i never realised i could change the speed of Tripod on my P4P :/

There will be a lot of happy film makers if this happens. Phillip Bloom has rubber bands all over his Mavic 3 controller  to create a similar effect but not quite the same :-)  And damn it I just ordered some of these yesterday...

2022-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats brilliant news.   
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be nice!
2022-5-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cine Mode was never a substitute for Tripod Mode.

+1 for Phillip and all of us who have missed it for so long.
2022-5-31
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

From memory Tripod mode = 1mtr per sec. Cine mode - 5 mtr per sec. Tripod mode should never been removed in my opinion.

Tripod mode was always slower, and if it was adjustable that would be the icing on the cake
2022-5-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

People get too caught up in the name "tripod" vs. Cine.  To DJI, its just a name change.  What we need is adjustable speed Cine mode!  Just slowing Cine down from 5 m/s to 1m/s  like some of the previous drones had is not what I want.  I want what the Mavic 2 drones had that give you the ability to easily change the max speed on the main screen for horizontal, vertical, and yaw movements when in Tripod/Cine mode.  This was one of the best features of the Mavic 2 drones that many people didn't know existed and one of my most missed features in the Mavic 3.  I hope Philip is right and DJI are going to be implementing it.
2022-5-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-30 12:11
I normally use stills but there are some very talented flyers on this forum and Mavicpilots that have shown video that is effectively a still image but the drone is moving very slowly through the shot. I find that a really powerful way to portray something. You have that classic "composition" of a still but your shot isn't static so feels more "alive" if you will.  Really like that. This update would be perfect for that.

Yes, if you are perfect on your sticks, you can get some great cinematic shots in a slow speed.  But the Mavic 2's feature that allowed you to adjust the speed of horizontal, vertical, and yaw movements anywhere from crazy super slow to pretty close to normal mode speed made it so that you could dial it in exactly like you wanted and so that one tiny bobble in stick movement wouldn't ruin your shot.  

Unless you shoot video and have utilized this feature, you may not understand why many of us miss it so much!  I really do hope DJI has finally listened to us and will be implementing this feature ASAP!
2022-5-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 5-31 04:11
Yes, if you are perfect on your sticks, you can get some great cinematic shots in a slow speed.  But the Mavic 2's feature that allowed you to adjust the speed of horizontal, vertical, and yaw movements anywhere from crazy super slow to pretty close to normal mode speed made it so that you could dial it in exactly like you wanted and so that one tiny bobble in stick movement wouldn't ruin your shot.  

Unless you shoot video and have utilized this feature, you may not understand why many of us miss it so much!  I really do hope DJI has finally listened to us and will be implementing this feature ASAP!

Yeah, thats basically Tripod mode isnt it, i can do that with my P4P if i remember correctly, not played with Tripod in a long time mind...
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great news you've shared Bussty.    Just hope DJI implements it across all their drones.  
2022-5-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-31 06:41
Yeah, thats basically Tripod mode isnt it, i can do that with my P4P if i remember correctly, not played with Tripod in a long time mind...

I don't think the P4P had that capability.  I never had the P4P, so I won't say definitively, but I'm pretty sure it did not have the adjustable speed capability that the Mavic 2 had in its Tripod mode.  And definitely none of the other DJI consumer level drones Mavic 1, Spark, or any iteration of Mini or Air drones has had the adjustable speed capability that the Mavic 2 had.
2022-5-31
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-31 07:02
Great news you've shared Bussty.    Just hope DJI implements it across all their drones.

Cheers Downtown yes agree would be nice to get a fleet wide fix for this issue
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-31 11:44

I suspect anything that uses the fly app would get it just like the exp settings they recently added.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:49
I suspect anything that uses the fly app would get it just like the exp settings they recently added.

2022-5-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-31 10:56
I don't think the P4P had that capability.  I never had the P4P, so I won't say definitively, but I'm pretty sure it did not have the adjustable speed capability that the Mavic 2 had in its Tripod mode.  And definitely none of the other DJI consumer level drones Mavic 1, Spark, or any iteration of Mini or Air drones has had the adjustable speed capability that the Mavic 2 had.

My P4A does not have the option in Go4. It is all dexterity and muscle memory, and of course my Bestem Skull Knobs.
2022-5-31
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 5-31 13:08
My P4A does not have the option in Go4. It is all dexterity and muscle memory, and of course my Bestem Skull Knobs.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it is a Mavic 2 specific feature.
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 5-31 11:44

Indeed it would.  
2022-5-31
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, ok, thanks guys, It's just the Tripod mode then, I should knock the dust off it sometime soon, was supposed to have been last weekend but life got in the way :/
2022-5-31
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

Super, super juiced to see tripod mode back.
2022-6-3
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As for the 30th, DJI says they will add speed adjust to Cine mode, so no Tripod but upgraded Cine mode
2022-6-3
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-31 10:56

I've had Tripod mode in I believe it was the original Mavic Pro which I just sold last week. I had the Mavic since the end of 2017 and never wrecked and the poor guy that bought it from me last week, lost it up in a tree and he never did find it. I felt kind of sorry for the late teen boy and I even helped search for it right where he lost sight of it and right where the "find my drone" said it was. No luck! I brought the Mavic 3 with me but for some reason, the Mavic 3 wasn't flying right at all so I had to bring it back down very carefully. It's like it wasn't obeying my commands. Never had that happen before and this was right after updating to the latest firmware on the afternoon of June 1st. I then proceeded to bring out the Air 2 S with no issues but still couldn't find the Drone.
I came back home roughly 40 miles away and immediately set up the Mavic 3 in my backyard to see if the issues persisted but the Mavic 3 flew perfectly. I'm wondering now if the young man living in close proximity to Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, had anything to do with it? I did not notice any warnings but it was kind of scary and had to basically fly backwards to me because it wasn't moving left or right well at all.
By the way, I asked the young man if he waited until the home point was recorded and he said that he did. He told me that it just flew away by itself and he watched it crash into the tree using the remote/phone. Poor kid
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bussty Posted at 5-30 16:43
Thanks DJI Paladin hopefully your engineers are well aware of the Petition by Phillip Bloom and are already looking at this. Fingers crossed!

You're welcome. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2022-6-4
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-3 19:05
As for the 30th, DJI says they will add speed adjust to Cine mode, so no Tripod but upgraded Cine mode

I think that's essentially what we're all looking for, no?  I get frustrated trying to be soft on the sticks and even then it's tough to maintain a consistent low, slow dolly or pan (at least for my caffeinated fingers).

2022-6-4
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Tyrohne Posted at 6-4 07:41
I think that's essentially what we're all looking for, no?  I get frustrated trying to be soft on the sticks and even then it's tough to maintain a consistent low, slow dolly or pan (at least for my caffeinated fingers).

Yeah, its exactly what I'd want. I can control one axis slowly, and more important consistently, pretty well but once I try and add a further complication, not so much
2022-6-4
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

+1 for Tripod mode or Cine speed change.
Didn't get to sign the petition but I most certainly have my hand up for it!
2022-6-21
Use props
fansfeb5c106
lvl.1
Portugal

In the last firmware released on 17/08/2022,I was expecting that they would add adjustable speed to cinematic mode to regain the ability which is similar to removed tripod mode. new cinematic mode is much faster that old tripod mode.. I wont be buying mini 3 pro until they fix this issue. Tripod mode was a must to use this drone to make real cinematic moves. why to remove it. you could add several lines in the software and could add adjustable speed for cinematic mode.
2022-8-23
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

fansfeb5c106 Posted at 8-23 13:40
In the last firmware released on 17/08/2022,I was expecting that they would add adjustable speed to cinematic mode to regain the ability which is similar to removed tripod mode. new cinematic mode is much faster that old tripod mode.. I wont be buying mini 3 pro until they fix this issue. Tripod mode was a must to use this drone to make real cinematic moves. why to remove it. you could add several lines in the software and could add adjustable speed for cinematic mode.

Also loved the old tripod mode so much. No idea why they got rid of it.
2022-8-24
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 5-30 20:50
There will be a lot of happy film makers if this happens. Phillip Bloom has rubber bands all over his Mavic 3 controller  to create a similar effect but not quite the same :-)  And damn it I just ordered some of these yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ruu1jtHAU&ab_channel=PhillipSkraba

I've got a set of those joystick add-ons.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268280
They're not perfect out of the box. But they'll do the job until there's an official Tripod Mode.
2022-8-25
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

MS Posted at 8-25 00:29
I've got a set of those joystick add-ons.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268280
They're not perfect out of the box. But they'll do the job until there's an official Tripod Mode.

I have a pair sitting in my draw too :-) When I get into slow slow "moving stills" will be good to have until as you say a Tripod mode is developed
2022-8-25
Use props
Exben
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Any news?

I'm doing my best with the sticks but it's an absolute nightmare trying to consistently maintain slow speed while making other adjustments. A couple times I've resorted to making 60 FPS files and slowing them down, which isn't ideal if there's movement elsewhere in the scene.
2022-11-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules