Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 3 Firmware Released (05/31/2022)
15194 195 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, good to know.  I will test this evening!
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice.  Thanks for adding custom functions for the buttons and dials on the DJI RC Pro.

Any chance DJI will make the DJI RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro?
2022-5-31
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic!  Looks like Color Display Assist doesn't affect the Histogram anymore, thank goodness!  But, did Overexposure Warning (Zebras) in D-Log get fixed?
2022-5-31
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

For what its worth I can say my GPS has finally improved, at least with the first cold boot test. From the audible power on sound of the drone to home point lock my stopwatch hit 1:57. This is just outside my house, which h as a big metal roof and lots of tall trees around. Typically I was seeing 5 minutes in this location. So, this is the fastest Ive had since purchasing the drone for me. Will need additional cold boot tests to verify the result.
2022-5-31
Use props
vsasolutions
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427887 ft
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 5-31 11:28
Good update. A lot of kudos.
That said, waypoints and SDK are still sorely missing.

Agreed. Sdk and waypoints really needs to come out. Overall a good update and I may finally fly the M3 for jobs.
2022-5-31
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kudos DJI !!!!!!!!!! The HLG is mind blowing !!!! Really good job !!! The Dynamic range is incredible now.
2022-5-31
Use props
wittmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 667408 ft
Australia

edit: never mind.  PEBCAK error ID-10T.
2022-5-31
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, thanks so much Dji, but I should have really checked the specs Dji said the Mavic 3 when I bought it because I had no idea that it would be able to shoot 1080p at 200fps video, great surprise!
2022-5-31
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It seems GPS lock is much better. Did not time it, but it was fast, less than a minute for me. As soon as it hit 6 satellites it turned white and acquired the home point. Previously it was couple of minutes for me and it had been 11 satellites at least to grab a home point and turn white. Also previously I had to take it up in the air to grab home point (a few meters), now it grabs it while sitting inside my car with just 6 satellites. But I think I need to more testing with a really cold boot letting it cool for a whole day after the update. Also I tried to test AirSense, but unfrotunatelly did not get any notifications of planes, not sure if it was too late in the day and there were no flights at higher altitudes My Air2s on the other hand normally shows them with AirSense on, but I forgot to grab my Air2S with me to test it out. HLG looks great on this one. Btw seems this existed with previous firmware, but maybe I did not notice. If I click on Auto button in the bopttom right corner and switch to Pro, I can see all the camera parameters, i.e. shutter speed, ISO, exposure, aperture, white balance. Did not know it was possible to do this so easily.
2022-5-31
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did a little test flight after work. Nothing special, just checking the ropes.
GPS lock seems to be faster, I counted 45 seconds till the HP update. Not sure if it's a representative test, will keep an eye on it
Telephoto manual and raw control: almost there. There is a bug: when in full manual, the lower gauge is locked at 0.0 and does not show effective exposure, as it should, and as the main camera does. Other than that looks good.
Sorely missing: SDK and waypoints. And, for me personally, the telephoto composite option, which apparently is an exclusive feature of RC Plus. Hence the strong  need for SDK, since 3d party can definitely work out the features much faster than the DJaggernaught.
Again, a good update, even if 6 months late.
But this drone can, and should be, so much more at its price.
Keep ai it, DJI!
2022-5-31
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thank you for the info and update...
2022-5-31
Use props
EstBlizzard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5332014 ft
Estonia

After that update it's not possible to calibrate Mavic 3 IMU anymore. Always getting calibration failed message!
2022-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EstBlizzard Posted at 5-31 23:43
After that update it's not possible to calibrate Mavic 3 IMU anymore. Always getting calibration failed message!

Why are you calibrating your IMU ?
2022-6-1
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the Mavic 3, I never had to calibrate the IMU.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Wow, the dynamic range when using HLG is crazy.
2022-6-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 6-1 04:39
Wow, the dynamic range when using HLG is crazy.

Same here, it seems level of details captured is greater than that of Mavic 2 Pro or Air 2s as well.
2022-6-1
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I just made a second GPS test, far better than older FW. 16 satellites in 52 seconds, thanks.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Mzp Posted at 6-1 07:20
Same here, it seems level of details captured is greater than that of Mavic 2 Pro or Air 2s as well.

Yeah, I want to say it’s up there with my Sony camera.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 878786 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting the same issue as EstBlizzard regarding the IMU. I thought you always had to re-calibrate the IMU and compass after a major upgrade.
Rightly or wrongly, I did and now it is saying that the IMU calibration failed!
There is another thread here highlighting this as well
https://forum.dji.com/thread-266140-1-1.html

Does this mean, that I cannot fly it now until DJI do a fix to this technical issue in the firmware update?
I assume it isn't safe - Such a pain
2022-6-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 6-1 09:03
Yeah, I want to say it’s up there with my Sony camera.

Yes for sure, big sony made sensor, up there with Sony / Canon hdr cameras.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo Posted at 6-1 09:21
I'm getting the same issue as EstBlizzard regarding the IMU. I thought you always had to re-calibrate the IMU and compass after a major upgrade.
Rightly or wrongly, I did and now it is saying that the IMU calibration failed!
There is another thread here highlighting this as well
Dont update the firmware i cant fly
2022-6-1
Use props
DRONEius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1759406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,

I updated yesterday but can't activate RAW for the telelens.
Can't switch from auto to pro ...

Any idea?

Regards,
John
2022-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb Posted at 6-1 11:07
Dont update the firmware i cant fly

I can fly and I updated….
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_CQE5GWzels2e
lvl.1

United States

DRONEius Posted at 6-1 12:03
Hi,

Same.  Pretty frustrating.  Says firmware is up to date but no pro mode on tele lens
2022-6-1
Use props
ALichty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

DRONEius Posted at 6-1 12:03
Hi,

Did you update your DJI Fly app as well? The new features don't show up until you are running ver. 1.6.4(642). I had to delete my iPhone app and download a new copy from the App store to get the right version.
2022-6-1
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see any mention of changes to the function of the histogram and color display assist.  Currently, color display assist changes the histogram in D-Log.  This is not how it works on the Mavic 2 Pro.

If color display assist is going to affect the histogram, the least DJI could do is allow a 'custom LUT' and 'custom zebras' (overexposure warning).  Otherwise, the only way to expose is based off of the DJI LUT, which makes D-log pointless.  The whole point of Log is to have flexibility in post.

Personally, I prefer to ETTR.  So I need to know that my histogram is showing exposure is towards the right.  This works great on the Mavic 2 Pro where the histogram is not affected by Color Display Assist.  But it does not work on the Mavic 3.  

Also, zebras (overexposure warning), only works at 100IRE, so doesn't work unless Color Display Assist is active.  Ideally zebras would be customizable, or show the clipping point of D-Log (85IRE).
2022-6-1
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

KnNLmS Posted at 5-31 09:13
There is misunderstood. Indoor forever no sat.

I updated indoor with no sat. Take it out and open in clean weather, 2min 11sec. 10 sats only. So it is still so much slow...

Today after updating my M3, fly app and RC PRO Controller I  am happy to report  on getting 12 satellite accusation with in 70 seconds on cold start up followed by 15 satellites within 30 sec on second start up. I am very pleased with this latest update which brings the M3 to a new level and is complete as far as I am concerned.
2022-6-1
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

MHM Posted at 6-1 17:01
Today after updating my M3, fly app and RC PRO Controller I  am happy to report  on getting 12 satellite accusation with in 70 seconds on cold start up followed by 15 satellites within 30 sec on second start up. I am very pleased with this latest update which brings the M3 to a new level and is complete as far as I am concerned.

Seems this issue solved this time. Later updates will be fine tunning and we'll have the best drone all over the world i hope .

2022-6-1
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

EstBlizzard Posted at 5-31 23:43

After reading your reply, I am worrying about if I update this firmware, I will facing the same issue and can't fly until the next update release.

Did anyone updated and recalibrate the IMU successfully?
2022-6-2
Use props
DRONEius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1759406 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

ALichty Posted at 6-1 15:35
Did you update your DJI Fly app as well? The new features don't show up until you are running ver. 1.6.4(642). I had to delete my iPhone app and download a new copy from the App store to get the right version.

It's the app on the RC Pro. Think you can't delete that one, correct?
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Following on from the issue, I and others have had following the re-calibration of the IMU, I emailed DJI Tech support and received this in reply today:

"Kindly follow the steps below that can be helpful to resolve this issue:

1. When calibrating on the first side, do not shake the aircraft and keep it level, or the temperature calibration may fail.
2. If the calibration fails, power on the product again. If a prompt stating that the IMU calibration is required is still shown, calibrate the IMU again. If the prompt is not displayed, IMU calibration does not need to be performed."

Not tried this yet, but will do
2022-6-2
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo Posted at 6-2 03:52
Following on from the issue, I and others have had following the re-calibration of the IMU, I emailed DJI Tech support and received this in reply today:

"Kindly follow the steps below that can be helpful to resolve this issue:

Can you make a video when you recalibrate the IMU?
2022-6-2
Use props
Skyhigh16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-2 05:02
Can you make a video when you recalibrate the IMU?
..... ..................

2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have followed the instructions by DJI support.
- It failed the IMU calibration after performing the final stage of it, after following exactly the guide the app provides. (Performed no where near anywhere metal)
-  I powered on the drone again, as advised, and no prompt is displayed to calibrate the IMU and no warnings on the app to say anything about any errors with the IMU.

So going to leave it as that and see if it flies and performs ok
- Says it is ready to fly

Have flown it for a while and checked everything.
- All seems to be working fine, incl optical avoidance
- No warnings on app regarding IMU

So all looks good
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would also like to confirm that the 700 firmware has dramatically improved the GPS cold start performance of my Mavic3, it is now as fast as all the other DJI drones I have. However, I still have the feeling that it might not be a universal fix to all the units which were sold since product launch. And the new button customization on the RC Pro are great too; so finally there are things that work better on the FLY/RC Pro than they were on the old GO4/Smart Controller LOLLLLLL
2022-6-2
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

KnNLmS Posted at 6-1 23:32
Seems this issue solved this time. Later updates will be fine tunning and we'll have the best drone all over the world i hope .

DJI has finally given us the M3 as advertised on release date.  ………Looking forward to future firmware updates that will only  improve the best consumer drone on the market today……….   
2022-6-2
Use props
cirem2016
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone else had luck enabling “Nifty” mode for Bypass Obstacle Avoidance Action?  I don’t see it showing up.   Anyone else have the issue?
Configuration:
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0700
RC Firmware: 04.13.0600
App Version: 1.6.2
FlySafe Database: 01.00.01.27

Safety Menu options:
Obstacle Avoidance Action: Bypass
RC Controller Mode: Normal
2022-6-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

cirem2016 Posted at 6-2 12:43
Has anyone else had luck enabling “Nifty” mode for Bypass Obstacle Avoidance Action?  I don’t see it showing up.   Anyone else have the issue?
Configuration:
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0700

I see the nifty option if I select "bypass", it is a hidden option and shows up I think on the next line if I chose bypass option for Apas. I am on rc pro and firmware was .700 I think.
2022-6-2
Use props
cirem2016
lvl.1

United States

Mzp Posted at 6-2 13:09
I see the nifty option if I select "bypass", it is a hidden option and shows up I think on the next line if I chose bypass option for Apas. I am on rc pro and firmware was .700 I think.

Yeah, alas, for me, when I click Bypass, there are no additional options.  Time to contact support I suppose :-)
2022-6-2
Use props
cirem2016
lvl.1

United States

cirem2016 Posted at 6-2 13:43
Yeah, alas, for me, when I click Bypass, there are no additional options.  Time to contact support I suppose :-)

In the end the solution was to refresh the firmware updates to both the controller and the drone (using DJI Assisstant 2 on my Mac) and then delete and re-install the DJI Fly app on my iPad mini.  One of those tasks solve the issue and I can now see Nifty mode.  I was most concerned (rightly so) that if Nifty mode was missing then the firmware update was incomplete, corrupted, etc.   Thanks for the sanity check by responding. :-)
2022-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules