New Mavic 3 Firmware Released (05/31/2022)
15269 195 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

cirem2016 Posted at 6-2 12:43
Has anyone else had luck enabling “Nifty” mode for Bypass Obstacle Avoidance Action?  I don’t see it showing up.   Anyone else have the issue?
Configuration:
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0700

Is your FLY app still 1.6.2, or just a typing mistake? You need 1.6.4
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GPS for me now under 40 seconds, its as quick as the Mini 3 to get GPS and much quicker to when changing battery than Mini 3.
2022-6-2
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

cirem2016 Posted at 6-2 13:52
In the end the solution was to refresh the firmware updates to both the controller and the drone (using DJI Assisstant 2 on my Mac) and then delete and re-install the DJI Fly app on my iPad mini.  One of those tasks solve the issue and I can now see Nifty mode.  I was most concerned (rightly so) that if Nifty mode was missing then the firmware update was incomplete, corrupted, etc.   Thanks for the sanity check by responding. :-)

Nice that you found a way to fix it.
2022-6-2
Use props
glenntlabay7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6491033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad everyone thinks their Mavic 3 is complete. It still flies aggressively (breaking) so much more than any DJI aircraft I've flown and that is many. It's a shame they discontinued atti mode. Otherwise it's a dandy flying camera.
2022-6-2
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

glenntlabay7 Posted at 6-2 20:34
I'm glad everyone thinks their Mavic 3 is complete. It still flies aggressively (breaking) so much more than any DJI aircraft I've flown and that is many. It's a shame they discontinued atti mode. Otherwise it's a dandy flying camera.

Agreed, the braking seems to be visibly jerkier than before, and I'm not even in 'bypass' mode.
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

glenntlabay7 Posted at 6-2 20:34

No Magic ever had atti mode.
2022-6-2
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Latest firware, latest software but mastershot videos still being exported 1080p on DJI Fly.
2022-6-3
Use props
PhillyDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694633 ft
  • >>>
United States

**** There is a SIGNIFICANT FLAW with the new firmware update ****

For those doing hyperlapses, there is no longer the ability to change exposure (ISO, F-stop, and Shutter) during a hyperlapse.  If you perform hyperlapses during times of changing light, sunrise and sunset, this feature is absolutely required.

This is EXTREMELY disappointing and quite shocking as my work with my clients depends on this feature.

Daniel (Philadelphia, PA)
Visit my Instagram Page
2022-6-3
Use props
mexus
New

Bulgaria

IMU calibration cannot be done in this firmware.
Rollback to previous version is disabled.
2022-6-3
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 23:30
No Magic ever had atti mode.

The only drones I've owned that have Atti mode was the Phantom FC40 and my P4P. I love that mode for hauling ass with the wind
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1078150 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 6-3 05:25
The only drones I've owned that have Atti mode was the Phantom FC40 and my P4P. I love that mode for hauling ass with the wind

From what I read ATTI also disabled GPS for holding a position which means it drifted in the wind. When DJI drone drifted into a presidential TFR and then into an active runway after failing to recognize control station loss DJI probably decided that was a bad idea.
2022-6-3
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-2 01:17
After reading your reply, I am worrying about if I update this firmware, I will facing the same issue and can't fly until the next update release.

Did anyone updated and recalibrate the IMU successfully?

I did and was successfully  calibrated,  no problem, I am on cine with RC pro btw
2022-6-3
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

After heading up today I saw a large fire in which they were doing water drops with a plane and also a news chopper was present. I can confirm that my adsb is working again as it should or was prior to past updates.
2022-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JayOhio Posted at 6-3 10:52
After heading up today I saw a large fire in which they were doing water drops with a plane and also a news chopper was present. I can confirm that my adsb is working again as it should or was prior to past updates.

Part of the problem is many don’t know how ADSB works, they want it but haven’t a clue how to use it. And yes it does work as it should.
2022-6-3
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

akozc Posted at 6-3 08:51
I did and was successfully  calibrated,  no problem, I am on cine with RC pro btw

Do you have a RC-N1 remote? If yes, can you please help us to test this feature is it still working with RC-N1?
2022-6-3
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-3 18:20
Do you have a RC-N1 remote? If yes, can you please help us to test this feature is it still working with RC-N1?

Sorry,  I do not have   RCN1
2022-6-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 14:48
GPS for me now under 40 seconds, its as quick as the Mini 3 to get GPS and much quicker to when changing battery than Mini 3.

That is pretty good.  Mine was just over 1 minute, but more than quick enough to live with.
2022-6-4
Use props
Xerxes90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 639977 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello guys,

I was flying yesterday and recognized following behavior:

Had to land the drone to safe battery for a shooting. Turned it off. Was flying in Cine mode. Turned it on again and although the button was in Cine the drone was in normal mode. I was wondering why the drone is that agile.
You have to switch the button to normal and cine again to enter cine mode.

Maybe it is already known.
2022-6-5
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 10:42
According to Billy Kyle it is.

Ha! Billy Kyle!
2022-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well the strange thing is sometimes you have to find out through you tubers, although in this case he was wrong. I think he obviously had it on Beta.
2022-6-5
Use props
cyrilp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14465 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi is it still not possible to use 3rd party flight planning app ? (used for photogrammetry)
2022-6-5
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xerxes90 Posted at 6-5 01:34
Hello guys,

I was flying yesterday and recognized following behavior:

Yeah...yhis has been this way even on the Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller...it might be a failsafe to ensure wvery ytime the drone is powered on you are in the default 'normal' state.
2022-6-5
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Mattft86 Posted at 5-31 10:33
Nope dose nothing. Dji id like my money back please, you kept us all dangling months ago just waiting for the cooling off period to end (funny that) you told us just over two months ago the techs has found the problem and a fix was coming within two months. Well its been two months still no fix for a drone i paid £2500 for not as much as some i know. What did we get since the so called techs found the so called problem? Nothing just lies and a new drone thats up in the air a full 3-4 minutes than my m3. What did m3 users get today? A load of features to get us to forget about the gps problem... No thanks id sooner of had the gps fixed so i could at least fly the bloody thing.

For me too, GPS fix and HP in 15 to 20 seconds....
What more do you wish for ?
2022-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mattft86 Posted at 5-31 10:33
Nope dose nothing. Dji id like my money back please, you kept us all dangling months ago just waiting for the cooling off period to end (funny that) you told us just over two months ago the techs has found the problem and a fix was coming within two months. Well its been two months still no fix for a drone i paid £2500 for not as much as some i know. What did we get since the so called techs found the so called problem? Nothing just lies and a new drone thats up in the air a full 3-4 minutes than my m3. What did m3 users get today? A load of features to get us to forget about the gps problem... No thanks id sooner of had the gps fixed so i could at least fly the bloody thing.

It seems for most a very large majority including many here from Uk that GPS issue has been resolved. Have you considered your unit might have a problem. Its still under warranty and you can easily ship it back. Maybe they’ll send you out one thats got no problems with GPS.
2022-6-5
Use props
fans566d4ddd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

cyrilp Posted at 6-5 04:44
Hi is it still not possible to use 3rd party flight planning app ? (used for photogrammetry)

Hi, same question here
2022-6-5
Use props
Stingfello
lvl.3
United States

fans566d4ddd Posted at 6-5 09:47
Hi, same question here

Still not possibple.  Until the SDK is released, we're sol.\
2022-6-5
Use props
Mattft86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-5 05:42
It seems for most a very large majority including many here from Uk that GPS issue has been resolved. Have you considered your unit might have a problem. Its still under warranty and you can easily ship it back. Maybe they’ll send you out one thats got no problems with GPS.

It was fine when i first got it. I tried it again over the weekend at a different spot about a mile and a half from where i normally fly. It locked in about 50secs.
2022-6-5
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

The first flight after the update, the drone captured 12 satellites quite quickly and memorized the home point, I took off, I moved away at approx. 100m high and 2-300 away, she suddenly lost satellites to only 4 remain, entered ATTI and he quickly began to move away from me uncontrollably. My luck is that it was in the field of view, I descended from altitude and tried to bring it back. Only in sports mode did I manage to get closer to me, when I selected the Normal mode again he received several satellites again up to 25. It was a terrifying experience to see her leave even though I was trying to bring her back ...
2022-6-6
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Balaes Posted at 6-6 00:20
The first flight after the update, the drone captured 12 satellites quite quickly and memorized the home point, I took off, I moved away at approx. 100m high and 2-300 away, she suddenly lost satellites to only 4 remain, entered ATTI and he quickly began to move away from me uncontrollably. My luck is that it was in the field of view, I descended from altitude and tried to bring it back. Only in sports mode did I manage to get closer to me, when I selected the Normal mode again he received several satellites again up to 25. It was a terrifying experience to see her leave even though I was trying to bring her back ...

This also terrifies me, i can have a heart attack .

Does someone tried to take off immediate after updating home point, than tried to "return home" function in same minute?

Is it possible that DJI made a trick like car manufacturers done for diesel motors? So we think it is safe to flight but not in reality?
2022-6-6
Use props
fans566d4ddd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Stingfello Posted at 6-5 17:01
Still not possibple.  Until the SDK is released, we're sol.\

Thanks Stingfello
2022-6-6
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Personally, I can't confirm that GPS is fixed.

Ok, instead of 10+ Minutes, it took only about 3-4.
But those terrible waiting-times before were hard NOT to improve.
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

Have you tried another area? That’s extraneous amount of time for a GPS lock. Make sure your ground control station has internet.
2022-6-6
Use props
hvail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 990266 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 5-31 06:34
No mention of GPS problem fix. Only bug fix. I will try this asap.

The GPS seems to work a lot better.
2022-6-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I did a few flights after the last update and in my opinion everything is fine.  The new features of the app are great.
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j
lvl.3
United States

Just let it set off for 72 hours and still got GPS lock in under a minute with it being highly accurate in under two minutes.
2022-6-6
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Im getting 15 satellites on cold start  with in 20 seconds.  It’s faster then my Mavic air 2S……….Thank you DJI for this latest upgrade……Well done.  
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_5pbBNWH6PJzm
New

United Kingdom

hi i have mavic 3 after update new framware v.01.00.0700 imu not calibration and feild every time please help me
2022-6-6
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_CgYhBqmxP83j Posted at 6-6 06:02
Have you tried another area? That’s extraneous amount of time for a GPS lock. Make sure your ground control station has internet.

It should get GPS in almost every location at somewhat the same speed.

(Of course not including stuff like indoors or obvious sources of interference)
2022-6-6
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_5pbBNWH6PJzm Posted at 6-6 21:43
hi i have mavic 3 after update new framware v.01.00.0700 imu not calibration and feild every time please help me

I had the same problem my drone is on its way back to Dji at their request
2022-6-6
Use props
Charly72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9628960 ft
Italy

djiuser_5pbBNWH6PJzm Posted at 6-6 21:43

Hi ... have you tried to install a previous version of the DJIFLY and try the calibration?
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules