Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi!

Did anyone had any luck calibrating the IMU after the latest update 05.22? I tried few times and always ended up with error. I tried then to refresh the firmware via the Assisstant and then try again, yet no luck. So now I can't seem to find a way to properly calibrate the IMU, which is something I always did after an update. Any insight will be most appreciated!
2022-5-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did anyone had any luck calibrating the IMU after the latest update 05.22?
Why are you wanting to recalibrate the IMU?
There's no need to recalibrate anything after a firmware update.
2022-5-31
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Labroides Posted at 5-31 07:24
Did anyone had any luck calibrating the IMU after the latest update 05.22?
Why are you wanting to recalibrate the IMU?
There's no need to recalibrate anything after a firmware update.

That's just something I used to do. At any point that doesn't change the fact that there is an issue at hand here where I can't to calibrate it when I should be able to do so.
2022-5-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AlexSnapsColours Posted at 5-31 07:28
That's just something I used to do. At any point that doesn't change the fact that there is an issue at hand here where I can't to calibrate it when I should be able to do so.

That's just something I used to do.
And that doesn't change the fact that recalibrating things after a firmware update is completely unnecessary.
2022-5-31
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whether he wants to do it or not it should not fail I was told to recalibrate everything due to my M3 when flying straight would wobble a bit and Im stuck on this as well.  I tried it 6 times so far and calibration fails.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AlexSnapsColours. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message when calibrating the IMU of your DJI Mavic 3? Thank you.
2022-5-31
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 19:31
Hello there AlexSnapsColours. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message when calibrating the IMU of your DJI Mavic 3? Thank you.

Hi! It just says that calibration failed and it prompts me to do it again. From what I gathered my case is not the only one and I've already reached few people with the same problem.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3365075 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have the same error
2022-6-1
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Gateway Posted at 5-31 15:07
Whether he wants to do it or not it should not fail  I was told to recalibrate everything due to my M3 when flying straight would wobble a bit and Im stuck on this as well.  I tried it 6 times so far and calibration fails.

... it is always "amazing" how Mr. "Labroides" interferes in inquiries and tries to instruct the users with his highly personal opinions!
Unbelievable!
A provided function must be executable / work, regardless of whether there is actually a need to calibrate something...
2022-6-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 6-1 04:51
... it is always "amazing" how Mr. "Labroides" interferes in inquiries and tries to instruct the users with his highly personal opinions!
Unbelievable!
A provided function must be executable / work, regardless of whether there is actually a need to calibrate something...

It's amazing what an obnoxious little troll you are, never missing an opportunity to demonstrate it.
2022-6-1
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I calibrated the IMU after this update and no issues at all. Whether its needed or not I do not know but it makes me feel better so I do an IMU calibration after each update. I also do a Compass and Remote calibration. My craft, my choice.
2022-6-1
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlexSnapsColours Posted at 5-31 20:32
Hi! It just says that calibration failed and it prompts me to do it again. From what I gathered my case is not the only one and I've already reached few people with the same problem.

same here, calibration failed. tried in multiple rooms etc. restarted drone and rc pro etc. no luck
2022-6-1
Use props
MKDP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613402 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is really frustrating.....!!!
2022-6-1
Use props
Tegels
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5889249 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the same problem…. So frustrating! Come on DJI!!! Fix this!
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 878786 ft
United Kingdom

I'm getting exactly the same issue as well.
I was always advised that after a major update, you should should re-calibrate the compass and IMU - rightly or wrongly.
I've always done this and it always re-calibrates without any problems.
Today I updated the firmware to 01.00.0700 and the 'Go Fly' app
No matter what I do, when I carry out the IMU calibration - it FAILS.

It looks like there is a lot of people getting exactly the same fault after updating everything.
This needs to be sorted ASAP
2022-6-1
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Same problem here, Dji, isn't this a bug that you will hopefully fix soon?
Screenshot_20220601-174716-1.png
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Now my drone won't calibrate or fly ...... never again  Dji I I purchase your products
2022-6-1
Use props
fansdc620e11
New
Flight distance : 2733 ft
United Kingdom

My M3 is the same. Tried numerous times to calibrate the IMU, refreshed both firmware update, removed SD Card, cleared cache, calibrated Compass, Gimbal before IMU. Still a failure. This is only since the latest firmware update.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry I sold my Autel evo 2 pro .. never had any Bull sh*t like this going on. Fix it now Dji
2022-6-1
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 6-1 04:51
Unbelievable!

Yeah I don’t like Laberdoodle as well.
2022-6-1
Use props
Star54
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Post number two is correct in his thoughts for calibrations. This post is exactly the reason to research any update prior to hitting that particular button.
Live and learn guys!
Hopefully this with get resolved and only time will tell.
Auto update??? Not a chance.
2022-6-1
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

I never calibrate anything unless the drone asks for it... I also don’t understand this strange ritual - calibration after a new firmware ... but nevertheless, I sympathize with the victims ..
2022-6-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The IMU calibration does indeed fail.  It seems to be a newly introduced feature.
2022-6-1
Use props
Javierz0509
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6321804 ft
United States

Same issue here.......Fkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk DJI FIX THIS NOW
2022-6-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Have any of you with this problem tried Assistant 2 to refresh your firmware?
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AlexSnapsColours Posted at 5-31 20:32
Hi! It just says that calibration failed and it prompts me to do it again. From what I gathered my case is not the only one and I've already reached few people with the same problem.

Hi there AlexSnapsColours. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. I will forward this issue to the designated DJI department for further evolution. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 21:41
Hi there AlexSnapsColours. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. I will forward this issue to the designated DJI department for further evolution. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Its simple not good enough Stephen terrible  customer support . Please advise how to roll back the firmware i have a job tomorrow and no drone its costing me business.
2022-6-1
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-1 18:36
Have any of you with this problem tried Assistant 2 to refresh your firmware?

I did, it didn’t help.
2022-6-1
Use props
Tegels
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5889249 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just called again with the telephone helpdesk of DJI. I have indicated that there are more people with this problem. Asked whether I should return the drone for repair or wait for a new firmware that could fix this problem. Advice is to send the drone back anyway... Hopefully I won't lose it for too long....
2022-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Oldschool Posted at 6-1 16:30
I never calibrate anything unless the drone asks for it... I also don’t understand this strange ritual - calibration after a new firmware ... but nevertheless, I sympathize with the victims ..

Why would anyone mess around with the hardware of the drone because they were updating the SW. you couldn’t make this up. I take it they all updated after each FW and it was successful. Thats about 7 IMU calibrations, 6 more than I have done with every drone I owned in 8 years…

Its a bit like getting your car serviced every time you change the CD ;+)
2022-6-2
Use props
KokoFresha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

The same problem with me. I'm disappointed. After so many months, more and more problems ... in addition to the old ones.
2022-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cloudwalker Posted at 6-1 06:05
I calibrated the IMU after this update and no issues at all. Whether its needed or not I do not know but it makes me feel better so I do an IMU calibration after each update. I also do a Compass and Remote calibration. My craft, my choice.

Whether its needed or not I do not know but it makes me feel better so I do an IMU calibration after each update. I also do a Compass and Remote calibration.
None of which is at all necessary and neither makes anything work better.
If it was important, you'd think DJI might mention in their firmware notes or manuals.
But they don't.
It's just a myth perpetuated in forums by people who don't know what those calibrations actually do or when they might be appropriate.

My craft, my choice.
Your superstitious ritual.
2022-6-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tegels Posted at 6-1 23:13
Just called again with the telephone helpdesk of DJI. I have indicated that there are more people with this problem. Asked whether I should return the drone for repair or wait for a new firmware that could fix this problem. Advice is to send the drone back anyway... Hopefully I won't lose it for too long....

If the drone is flying properly, there is no problem.
It's unlikely that replacement will make any difference.
Unfortunately DJI's phone help people are useless and not to be relied on for accurate information.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji are useless.  Also called the help line I have to send it back for repair its obviously a software issue the drone was perfect using the last firmware . Just give us the option to roll back the firmware Dji ?????
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gateway Posted at 5-31 15:07
Whether he wants to do it or not it should not fail  I was told to recalibrate everything due to my M3 when flying straight would wobble a bit and Im stuck on this as well.  I tried it 6 times so far and calibration fails.

So you had the wobble problem before this update. Are you saying you calibrated before update or you waited until after update. Having the wobble and not flying straight could constitute doing an IMU then and if you did then are we saying that it was not calibrating before the update ?
2022-6-2
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Labroides Posted at 6-1 05:35
It's amazing what an obnoxious little troll you are, never missing an opportunity to demonstrate it.

It is amazing how you always find an opportunity to argue about unnecessary things.
2022-6-2
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 00:11
Why would anyone mess around with the hardware of the drone because they were updating the SW. you couldn’t make this up. I take it they all updated after each FW and it was successful. Thats about 7 IMU calibrations, 6 more than I have done with every drone I owned in 8 years…

Its a bit like getting your car serviced every time you change the CD ;+)

do not touch the equipment in vain and it will not let you down .. a Soviet proverb.
2022-6-2
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

Labroides Posted at 6-2 01:34
If the drone is flying properly, there is no problem.
It's unlikely that replacement will make any difference.
Unfortunately DJI's phone help people are useless and not to be relied on for accurate information.

I agree DJI's help call is useless. 5 years ago, I called them about my P4 have issue many time and they can't give me a solution to solve the issue.
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb Posted at 6-1 11:05
Sorry I sold my Autel evo 2 pro .. never had any Bull sh*t like this going on. Fix it now Dji

You did say in another thread you would never sell your Autel 2 and you were keeping it. You also said that your M3 needed new FW as it was the worst drone you ever owned. Do you know NGC…
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_OmljvAYqrXGb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 03:32
You did say in another thread you would never sell your Autel 2 and you were keeping it. You also said that your M3 needed new FW as it was the worst drone you ever owned. Do you know NGC…

Do you have a life ?
2022-6-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules