Green Vertical Bar on Right Side in Camera View
1332 11 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238392 ft
United States

Anyone know why there is a green vertical bar on the right side of the camera view starting in version 1.6 of the DJI Fly app?  I'm running the latest version of the app and firmware.  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra to run the app.  I'm flying a Mavic Air 2.

Green Vertical Bar

Green Vertical Bar

Versions List in App

Versions List in App
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Currently the S22 is not on the supported list.  You can see the supported devices here - https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-31 11:11
Currently the S22 is not on the supported list.  You can see the supported devices here - https://www.dji.com/uk/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Thanks!  Wish it wouldn't ask to update the app version if its not supported.  You would think it would be smart enough to know what phone I was using. lol
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2 Posted at 5-31 11:16
Thanks!  Wish it wouldn't ask to update the app version if its not supported.  You would think it would be smart enough to know what phone I was using. lol

No version of the fly app is compatible with the s22 yet.  But if a previous version worked you can always delete and install the older version from apk mirror.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 19:46
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.

It has been working except for that green bar.  I haven't tested all functionality but photos and videos work.  Hopefully this phone gets supported soon.
2022-6-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2 Posted at 6-10 08:54
It has been working except for that green bar.  I haven't tested all functionality but photos and videos work.  Hopefully this phone gets supported soon.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-6-12
Use props
djiuser_Zs97a4ngcN7S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1319557 ft
United Kingdom

That is hugely disappointing. People interested in photography/videography are likely to have the latest/greatest camera smartphone and dji dont support it! What is the eta for support given the phone has been out for months?

Also working perfectly for me on an s22 ultra other than the green bar (which only shows in photo mode).
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Zs97a4ngcN7S Posted at 6-13 06:40
That is hugely disappointing. People interested in photography/videography are likely to have the latest/greatest camera smartphone and dji dont support it! What is the eta for support given the phone has been out for months?

Also working perfectly for me on an s22 ultra other than the green bar (which only shows in photo mode).

Yes...very disappointing but it does work without any other issues that I have noticed.  I was excited to upgrade to the S22 Ultra until this issue popped up.  I thought something was wrong with my camera. lol
2022-6-13
Use props
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2 Posted at 6-13 13:10
Yes...very disappointing but it does work without any other issues that I have noticed.  I was excited to upgrade to the S22 Ultra until this issue popped up.  I thought something was wrong with my camera. lol

Just updated to version 1.6.6 of the Fly app and the green bar on the right side is still there when in Photo mode. :-(
2022-6-18
Use props
Matt Diamante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129810 ft
United States

I had to downgrade back to 1.5.1 to get the green bars to go away. I see they have 1.6.8 now but I will stay with this older version for now.
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_O6MVHcSyfkO2
lvl.1
United States

Matt Diamante Posted at 7-13 10:00
I had to downgrade back to 1.5.1 to get the green bars to go away. I see they have 1.6.8 now but I will stay with this older version for now.

I wonder what they did between version 1.5.1 and the next update that put that green bar there?  I'm on version 1.6.9 of the fly app and aircraft firmware version 01.01.0920 and I still have the green bar on the right side for photos.  It's annoying but I've gotten used to it.  Not sure why they can't support the S22 Ultra.  It can't be that hard to fix!
2022-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules