Quick Transfer not working on iPhone? - "Downloading Work Failed"
35259 66 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

onymar Posted at 8-14 14:30
If I sync the photos app, the date/time of all pictures and videos are set to the current time. I sync to the fly app and then to the photos app and date/time are as per then time taken.

Mmh, might be the same in my case ... needs further testing.

I furthermore found out, that sometimes the location data is missing in EXIF.
2022-8-14
Use props
KHew88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Glad I am not the only one that has had this issue. I got my Mavic Mini 3 Pro last week and i was transferring via the controller and it kept prompting me to switch to QuickTransfer but then failing to connect to the WiFi of the drone to do so.

I tried the Cell fix etc but to no avail, randomly a few days later it started working and has done since. I am 100% confident that it is not related, but the only thing that I changed between it not working and working was changing the drones name, and not even the one for the WiFi SSID :/
2022-8-14
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-14 23:12

Ok, did a quick test ... when syncing to the Photos app, all Exif data gets lost and the time stamp is the time of syncing :-(
When syncing into the fly app, the Exif stays intact.

PS: I connected the phone directly to the drone, with the controller being switched off.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_f0fw8ssZU2ku
lvl.1

Australia

Yes turning off the cellular does the trick. I’ve just received it today and it has current firmware as of  19th August.
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_YeV5n37cpznE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1007402 ft
United States

Xtropy Posted at 6-2 04:04
Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Note that the same process fixed both iPhones. Maybe something that's conflicting with my carriers APN data which is why the scope of the problem isn't affecting more users?

Thank you!!
2022-8-20
Use props
fans96491978
New
Flight distance : 95512 ft
United States

Same issue, why does DJI continue to sell buggy drones and offer no solutions or support?
FEFF250F-FCB0-4A44-BBBC-A077984BF720.jpeg
2022-8-25
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

fans96491978 Posted at 8-25 05:40
Same issue, why does DJI continue to sell buggy drones and offer no solutions or support?

I hear you. It's the only company I know that has a "if we don't acknowledge a problem it will go away" mentality. So much easier to say "We are aware of this issue and working on it". Places more trust in the company but not a DJI policy to do that. Maybe a culture thing? I dunno but frustrating...
2022-8-25
Use props
MacAgent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90098 ft
Luxembourg

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-14 23:12

Hello people,

is there any fix or solution for this date and time changing?
It‘s really frustrating to have all the synced photos and videos in the photo library in the reverse order.

2022-9-19
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the issue when downloading files to my phone through DJI Fly app, all EXIF data is gone.  

I never saw an option to download to the app and then to the phone, even though that's annoying and I'd rather not.
2022-9-20
Use props
djiuser_4TxMP9EYyq9K
New
Flight distance : 91827 ft
French Polynesia

I have the issues that after the download the DJI Fly App tells me the files are on my iPhone but I can’t find them anywhere. What can I do?
2022-9-22
Use props
MacAgent
lvl.1
Luxembourg

Scheize Posted at 9-20 16:00
I'm having the issue when downloading files to my phone through DJI Fly app, all EXIF data is gone.  

I never saw an option to download to the app and then to the phone, even though that's annoying and I'd rather not.

Videos does not contain any EXIF data. I found a workaround for the GPS location…which is not perfect, but working for me.
I take  a Picture after the Home has been updated, This Pictures contains correct location data, then after transferring all videos to your phone (iphone for me) just copy the location data form the picture and paste it to all the corresponding videos.
2022-9-23
Use props
MacAgent
lvl.1
Luxembourg

djiuser_4TxMP9EYyq9K Posted at 9-22 00:29
I have the issues that after the download the DJI Fly App tells me the files are on my iPhone but I can’t find them anywhere. What can I do?

Which app version do you use? Latest versions store the files directly in the Photos App, where older versions store the files into the fly app dedicated folder.
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_483ODU2QRiU0
New

Canada

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Note that the same process fixed both iPhones. Maybe something that's conflicting with my carriers APN data which is why the scope of the problem isn't affecting more users?

Had the same issue. Tried your work around of turning off cellular on iPhone 13 and it worked.
2022-10-5
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

MacAgent Posted at 9-23 05:38
Videos does not contain any EXIF data. I found a workaround for the GPS location…which is not perfect, but working for me.
I take  a Picture after the Home has been updated, This Pictures contains correct location data, then after transferring all videos to your phone (iphone for me) just copy the location data form the picture and paste it to all the corresponding videos.

Got it, thanks!  I mainly want the photo EXIF data.
2022-10-10
Use props
Scheize
lvl.1

United States

Turns out the EXIF data is in the downloaded JPEG.  The timestamp is incorrect when downloaded but is in the "I" icon.   The timestamp is when you download it, not the real info.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_ZObqmiVGLFg5
New

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 21:00
Hello there Xtropy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will post some information below on how to properly use the QuickTransfer function of the DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hey Stephen,

I’ve done exactly those steps that you have posted about the mini 3 pro and still I cannot download any photos or videos from my drone.

I can connect, view them/watch them in low res but the moment i hit down load it just sits there, doesn’t download anything and then eventually just says a message about not being able to download. Help
2022-11-1
Use props
Yorkshireman
lvl.1

Australia

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Thanks for this. First day with the drone and hit it right away. Solved. Cheers
2022-12-28
Use props
Yorkshireman
lvl.1

Australia

Well after playing around with this over the last day, I tried something obscure that worked. Since the iPad worked fine, I thought "What if I disable cellular on my phone?" I disabled it and now I can transfer. When I turn cellular back on, I cannot. Not sure why cellular is being used in a peer-to-peer WIFI connection but hope this gets back to the app dev's to investigate further.

Thanks for this. First day with the drone and hit it right away. Solved. Cheers
2022-12-28
Use props
MoJoMoJi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251145 ft
United States

Still having this issue in 2023. After disabling the cell, everything works perfectly
2023-1-7
Use props
djiuser_YNhNv7GSpbP7
New

Australia

Xtropy Posted at 2022-6-2 04:04

Thanks so much! Turning off cellular is weird but it works for me.
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_dzRcdzj5Hry6
New
Australia

That worked for me by turning off cellular, so thank you very much for your post!
2023-5-15
Use props
djiuser_WvKwTex7AXzL
New

United States

Honestly thank you for this !! It totally works
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_UAE5rQHilKBr
New

United States

Thank you!!! I turned off the cellular and the pics downloaded in less than 10 seconds! 23 total.
2023-8-13
Use props
HikerWV
New

United States

Same problem with my new Air 3.  I thought it was something a newbie like me was doing wrong, but it turns out I'm not the only one with this issue.  I turned off the cellular, and the transfer was smooth.  
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_UxMF1Unrnsi8
New
Flight distance : 83304 ft
United States

TURN OFF YOUR CELLPHONE DATA AND JUST USE WI-FI ONLY….it fixed my same issue
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_luRWkkNvfpyx
New

Australia

Thanks. I was stumped until I read this solution. I turned off cell data and it withers straight away. Appreciate you updating. Cheers
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_LpsiaKfo4wkc
New

Australia

Super easy to fix!
I did a video to prove it.
You thank me later.
Btw DJI should fix this issue
https://youtube.com/shorts/UQq_0uRVPKA?si=xZ8yPM65RM7W-e3V
2-26 21:40
Use props