United States

Latest DJI Mini 3 Pro Video Quality Analysis Video from VIC VideolC

2022-5-31
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well suspiciously the conditions he shot the mini 3 and nano+ footage are totally different. not sure why, if not on purpose. But somehow seems mini 3 is shot at night and nano at dusk.
2022-5-31
Use props
coloradoskier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 906411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Meanwhile, there is this:

Discussion about how it was done here
2022-5-31
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

coloradoskier Posted at 5-31 13:28
Meanwhile, there is this:https://youtu.be/Ly-UB9JNiok

Discussion about how it was done here

Thanks for sharing this link.  I passed the link on to VIC.  I got the feeling that he reported what he saw but that it wasn't what he expected.  
2022-5-31
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

For owners thinking they are going to achieve Box Office Cinematic Glory with the Mini 3, you need to stop and assess the reality of the product. I work with $60,000 plus cameras that produce amazing quality footage when coupled with superb quality lens options. There is a reason why they are expensive and may I add large. I think the quality of footage produced by this little drone is superb for its price point, size and limitations.

Asking any more of it is being petty and lacks understanding of the technology it encompasses. I have already used footage from the Mini 3 Pro in a commercial video project and it looks fantastic.
2022-5-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 5-31 14:09
For owners thinking they are going to achieve Box Office Cinematic Glory with the Mini 3, you need to stop and assess the reality of the product. I work with $60,000 plus cameras that produce amazing quality footage when coupled with superb quality lens options. There is a reason why they are expensive and may I add large. I think the quality of footage produced by this little drone is superb for its price point, size and limitations.

Asking any more of it is being petty and lacks understanding of the technology it encompasses. I have already used footage from the Mini 3 Pro in a commercial video project and it looks fantastic.

I think the quality of footage produced by this little drone is superb for its price point, size and limitations.

I couldn't agree with you more.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BobWinNV. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon with us. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-5-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 5-31 13:15
well suspiciously the conditions he shot the mini 3 and nano+ footage are totally different. not sure why, if not on purpose. But somehow seems mini 3 is shot at night and nano at dusk.

Near the end, the shot of the town with the lights on for the Mini 3 there is deffo no sun on the town but in the Autel shot, you can clearly see the sunlight on the buildings, so yeah, i agree with you, the comparison is poor for sure...
2022-6-3
Use props
Justin Case 7
First Officer
Flight distance : 1664583 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Thank you Bob for posting it,
just a couple of points to answer to some of the replies in this thread.
This is not a comparison between two drones. When I do comparisons I shoot exactly the same scene within 5 minutes with both drones and show them side by side. I just showed 2 clips of the same area shot with the Nano plus a few days before, more or less at the same time.
Believe me, in both images, it was pitch dark. Here to save money they turn on street lights well after sunset and turn them off way before sunrise.
The first clip with the Nano was shot at the same time as the same scene shot with the Mini 3 Pro. In the second one, there was the first tiny hint of light well before sunrise, the same conditions as the one of Mount Etna with the Mini 3.
I have encountered the issue of crushed shadows only with footage, photos work perfectly fine.
The problem seems to be due to a limited RGB range produced by the Mini 3, while Premiere Pro reads it as full range and therefore equals the 16 darkest shades to pure black
2022-6-8
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Justin Case 7 Posted at 6-8 01:52
Thank you Bob for posting it,
just a couple of points to answer to some of the replies in this thread.
This is not a comparison between two drones. When I do comparisons I shoot exactly the same scene within 5 minutes with both drones and show them side by side. I just showed 2 clips of the same area shot with the Nano plus a few days before, more or less at the same time.

Fully agree... That is what I have been saying also...
And if is edited in Premiere Pro, it does not always recognize the Video (limited) but Full, and crushes again 16, so a total of 0-32 crush, that is big.

Maybe DJI will implement FULL RGB on this, as is so called PRO model (far from PRO, but anyway...).
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules