3569 28 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brocklll
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Hi DJI,

as you can find in several other revies of M3-Pilots, a general problem seems to be the abrupt "Braking-Behaviour" of the Drone.
It is in fact NOT possible, to fly the M3 and to finally stop it smoothly!! In the moment the RC-Stick reaches its middle position the drone JERKY STUTTERY HARD-STOP!

This beahviour is independent from:
-EXP-Settings-Value
-Cine-/Normal-/Sport-mode
-speed the pilot is flying

-APAS Setting Bypass/Brake/Off
-or any other setting available

PLEASE DJI: Fix this problem and ADD Smooth-Brake-Sensitivity Settings like in the former models like P4 Pro!  At the moment, i´ts not a pleasure for cinematographers to fly this jerky beast

Thank you !!!

2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-31
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, after updating the brake settings just seem to have increased even more, it's so bad that I thought there was an ESC fault at first.

DJI - We need to be able to manually adjust the Brake gains, they are too high. I have all obstacle avoidance turned off and it is too sensitive, why is the M3 the only drone which flies this way?
2022-6-1
Use props
fans406ed25d
New
Flight distance : 48451 ft
Costa Rica

Hello DJI forum,
I have been using drones for many years. Mavic air 2018,2019,2020 then Mavic 2 Pro 2021,2022. Recently sold all drones to buy Mavic 3. Something happened which i never expected. I have flown other drones in low light but this one get lost by itself. Lost connection with remote and went away. My 2400 dollars lost just in few minutes. Mavic 3 have some issue. Otherwise i wouldn't have behaved that way. I request you to solve my issue and do something about my loss
2022-6-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans406ed25d Posted at 6-3 22:48
Hello DJI forum,
I have been using drones for many years. Mavic air 2018,2019,2020 then Mavic 2 Pro 2021,2022. Recently sold all drones to buy Mavic 3. Something happened which i never expected. I have flown other drones in low light but this one get lost by itself. Lost connection with remote and went away. My 2400 dollars lost just in few minutes. Mavic 3 have some issue. Otherwise i wouldn't have behaved that way. I request you to solve my issue and do something about my loss

If you want help to find what went wrong, the first thing to do is post your recorded flight data/
That might have some clues to help understand the incident.

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-6-4
Use props
Wfuzaia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262051 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

the same behavior i faced this morning
2022-6-4
Use props
EGAERIAL
lvl.1
Australia

Hi DJI.

Jerky Flight.
Sensors set to off but downward sensors are always active.
We need to be able to disable sensors to avoid jerky flight. Or Have the sensors switch off before they cause unstable flight.
There is too many situations in a normal days work where the Mavic 3 is having issues flying.

Sensors set to break.
I can't fly with the sensors set to break and I can't use bypass. When in break the drone in normal flying conditions at about 50ft over land constantly breaks when nothing is around it.

Harsh stopping.
The harsh stop is a massive issue. We can't use any shots coming to a stop. I have directors of photography asking why the drone is doing it and there's noting I can do to fix it.

I've seen the problems above in person with 4 Mavic 3's.

We also need continuous file numbering. If I have a job that goes over 2 days and I have to format at the start of every day the files start at DJI_001. So when the editor gets the files from day 1 and day 2 he has duplicate file names. So then I have to rename all the files which is an unnecessary waste of time.

Prores is capable of carrying time-code information. The Mavic 3 Cine, should have timecode considering it's called "Mavic 3 Cine". This is causing issues in post production. Having a shutter angle option would be good as well.
2022-6-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the inception of this model, right up to current firmware iteration, the handling and feel of this drone has never been quite right for me.  Hoping that it is not too late for DJI to get this right.  So many gains have been made with recent firmware updates, but the control issues do persist.
2022-6-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

EGAERIAL Posted at 6-25 18:08
Hi DJI.

Jerky Flight.

The downward sensors are not effecting the braking. It's easy to prove, climb to over 30 metres and the downward sensors will be out of range. Then check the braking again.

Have a play with the stick expo etc in settings.

2022-6-26
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 6-26 06:23
The downward sensors are not effecting the braking. It's easy to prove, climb to over 30 metres and the downward sensors will be out of range. Then check the braking again.

Have a play with the stick expo etc in settings.

This isn't EXP settings, this is the brake sensitivity. No amount of EXP tuning will change how hard a drone comes to a stop, it's the complete opposite. EXP adjusts the flight characteristics of stick input and when you release the sticks and they return to the home position, the brake settings determine how hard the drone comes to a stop.  
2022-6-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CloudVisual Posted at 6-26 12:03
This isn't EXP settings, this is the brake sensitivity. No amount of EXP tuning will change how hard a drone comes to a stop, it's the complete opposite. EXP adjusts the flight characteristics of stick input and when you release the sticks and they return to the home position, the brake settings determine how hard the drone comes to a stop.

Using EXP you can  slow the drone prior to getting to neutral and change how dramatic the breaking becomes.
2022-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Why is it brake sensitivity is going to fix this ? I keep hearing that Air2s comes to a” smooth stop” in fact I would say it comes to a lot smoother stop than any Phantom. Yet that drone doesn’t have Brake sensitivity. Give me what the Air2s has any day before brake sensitivity.
I’m also not convinced that how the Mavic 3 comes to a stop is affecting filming and I haven’t seen much evidence of this.
2022-6-27
Use props
mcde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621906 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 6-27 09:27
Why is it brake sensitivity is going to fix this ? I keep hearing that Air2s comes to a” smooth stop” in fact I would say it comes to a lot smoother stop than any Phantom. Yet that drone doesn’t have Brake sensitivity. Give me what the Air2s has any day before brake sensitivity.
I’m also not convinced that how the Mavic 3 comes to a stop is affecting filming and I haven’t seen much evidence of this.

I wrote something similar in another thread. I have been flying the Mavic 3 for some months now and although it does fly differently than the Mavic 2 pro I was previously using, I'm not sure it affects the footage, or, at least, I haven't seen this. I really do not mind it braking any way it likes provided that the footage remains smooth, which in fact it does, judging from what I have seen so far.
2022-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mcde Posted at 6-28 01:56
I wrote something similar in another thread. I have been flying the Mavic 3 for some months now and although it does fly differently than the Mavic 2 pro I was previously using, I'm not sure it affects the footage, or, at least, I haven't seen this. I really do not mind it braking any way it likes provided that the footage remains smooth, which in fact it does, judging from what I have seen so far.

I think part of this has to do with the power difference the Mavic3 has and I certainly wouldn’t want that dumbed down. I think maybe a Cine mode where you have more control over speed might help. But you’re correct I have not had a single problem with “jerky” footage caused by how the craft flies.
2022-6-28
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fans406ed25d Posted at 6-3 22:48
Hello DJI forum,
I have been using drones for many years. Mavic air 2018,2019,2020 then Mavic 2 Pro 2021,2022. Recently sold all drones to buy Mavic 3. Something happened which i never expected. I have flown other drones in low light but this one get lost by itself. Lost connection with remote and went away. My 2400 dollars lost just in few minutes. Mavic 3 have some issue. Otherwise i wouldn't have behaved that way. I request you to solve my issue and do something about my loss

Where is your Log?
2022-6-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mcde Posted at 6-28 01:56

The jerkiness is definitely there, and it may look scary and unprofessional to the onlookers, but we still haven't seen any of those 'unusable' videos taken with the Mavic3 due to the jerkiness from any of  those professionals, yet.
2022-6-29
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Monkey007 Posted at 6-29 13:39
The jerkiness is definitely there, and it may look scary and unprofessional to the onlookers, but we still haven't seen any of those 'unusable' videos taken with the Mavic3 due to the jerkiness from any of  those professionals, yet.

Maybe 'professionals' slow down the drone and cut out the actual braking/stop in post-production ? That is what I do anyway and I'm not a 'professional' by any means.
2022-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhanFran Posted at 6-30 09:51
Maybe 'professionals' slow down the drone and cut out the actual braking/stop in post-production ? That is what I do anyway and I'm not a 'professional' by any means.

Its quite practical to over shoot and to get extra footage as well as using editing software to improve footage. The Mavic3 is not to difficult to handle.
2022-6-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-30 11:22
Its quite practical to over shoot and to get extra footage as well as using editing software to improve footage. The Mavic3 is not to difficult to handle.

Agreed.  I have had to remind myself to not just leave some extra footage at the end of each pass for editing, but to also back up and start the shot earlier that I may want to capture.  The art of the establishing shot is also something I am practicing.
2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_uFE74aaGnqeW
New

United States

CloudVisual Posted at 6-1 00:26
Yep, after updating the brake settings just seem to have increased even more, it's so bad that I thought there was an ESC fault at first.

DJI - We need to be able to manually adjust the Brake gains, they are too high. I have all obstacle avoidance turned off and it is too sensitive, why is the M3 the only drone which flies this way?

^^^This is a helpful post. DJI programmers please take note.
2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_uFE74aaGnqeW
New

United States

Should be a able to have a buffer allowing for smooth return to zero velocity instead of slamming on the breaks.

The effect is muted if instead of letting the joystick come to neutral you add some new velocity. This is sometimes helpful, but smoothly coming to a zero velocity hover is very useful during filming.

2022-8-20
Use props
djiuser_uFE74aaGnqeW
New

United States

PhanFran Posted at 6-30 09:51

The professionals are doing this with the DJI M3 because they are forced to, but on other drones the programming allows for smooth braking.
2022-8-20
Use props
plphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The jerky braking issue is on three different Mavic 3s I have flown in the past week. 2 are mine and one was a friend who I was training. The posters are correct. Advanced EXP settings change the parameters and dynamics of the stick movement from Rt. to Lft. but not the breaking. It still jerks to a stop no matter how slow you move the joystick back to the center.  PLEASE FIX THIS. Shooting additional footage so you can edit out the stop is a work-around. It is SOP in film making but having controls that responsive to a skilled operator is also critical. Please Fix the sensitivity of the RC sticks somehow. My Phantom 4 pro glides to a smooth stop when I move the rt. Joystick slowly back to center. The Mavic controls sensitivity is a step backward for all of the advances the Mavic 3 has.  
2022-8-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Lots of debate on this issue, but for those of us that require a smoother braking, and want to be able to control the experience, I hope we can get that feature added at some point.
2022-8-20
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew a M3 this past weekend, def a little jerky - but does come to a stop pretty quicks, doesn't overshoot by much. I wasn't paying any attention to video to notice the gimbal jerking up, will have to fly it again this week to see how much that would impact. Some tunability to the stopping force would be nice for sure.
2022-8-23
Use props
John400
New

United States

djiuser_uFE74aaGnqeW Posted at 2022-8-20 07:54
Should be a able to have a buffer allowing for smooth return to zero velocity instead of slamming on the breaks.

The effect is muted if instead of letting the joystick come to neutral you add some new velocity. This is sometimes helpful, but smoothly coming to a zero velocity hover is very useful during filming.

Makes sense to me. DJI needs to learn to listen.

2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

John400 Posted at 9-7 17:07
Makes sense to me. DJI needs to learn to listen.

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-8
Use props
John400
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-8 01:59
Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Hopefully the near future, I lost my Mavic 3 and was unable to retrieve it. Instead I was forced to pay with only a 50% discount, not acceptable with a 15 billion dollar company that has the market locked up. I should have had a 100% discount I think they can afford it. Not impressed.
2023-9-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

John400 Posted at 9-8 05:57
Hopefully the near future, I lost my Mavic 3 and was unable to retrieve it. Instead I was forced to pay with only a 50% discount, not acceptable with a 15 billion dollar company that has the market locked up. I should have had a 100% discount I think they can afford it. Not impressed.

We are sorry about the experience. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you are in need of further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules