DJI Virtual Flight goggles crashing
5162 23 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yummy fur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1239488 ft

Australia

I have checked past threads and this appears to have been a problem for a long time. I am running 1.5.3 version of VF,  iOS 15.5, using motion controller with virtual flight, all seems fine but after a few minutes the googles freeze although the app itself is still running.

Is there anything I can do to fix this.
2022-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yummy fur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Virtual Flight application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-5-31
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 20:07
Hello there yummy fur. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Virtual Flight application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hello, thanks for your reply. I had already downloaded trashed and refreshed it. All the firmware was up to date on everything but I ran the firmware for the goggles again anyway. After some unplugging and multiple restarts of everything, at the moment, I was able to run it without the goggles freezing up. I will update here if the problems persist.

2022-5-31
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Australia

Update, still freezes in goggles while playing fine on the phone. Is this still a known bug, or is there something else that I can try? Sometimes it goes for a long while sometimes only a short while.
2022-6-1
Use props
djiuser_jpeVAmje6q4G
New

Brazil

I’m having the EXACT same problem. Reinstallation didn’t work as well.
2022-6-4
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_jpeVAmje6q4G Posted at 6-4 16:18

I find the goggles are dizzying, having a better time now using velocidrone on my laptop with the controller. There is an excellent beginner series on you tube.
2022-6-4
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Australia

I find the goggles are dizzying, having a better time now using velocidrone on my laptop with the controller. There is an excellent beginner series on you tube.
2022-6-4
Use props
Putzy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133163 ft
United Kingdom

I bought these goggles knowing I could use the sim to practice for manual flight. However the goggles freeze after about one minute of flying even though I can keep playing on the phone or iPad (I've tried both and both have the same issue so it's not to app or the mobile device that is the problem. Unusable and it makes me question the full purchase altogether.
2022-7-5
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

Same here.
2022-7-10
Use props
PaulCalif
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue. I was perturbed after purchasing the drone and the fly more package to find out there is no Android version of the simulator. SO, I bought a used 7th generation Ipad, for the sole purpose of running the simulator with the goggles and controller. It works pretty good for a min or two, then the view in the goggles freezes up. The video on the ipad keeps going. I'm very happy with the drone, but feel like I just wasted $200 on a used Ipad. Come on DJI, you can do better.
2022-7-23
Use props
PaulCalif
lvl.1
United States

PaulCalif Posted at 7-23 11:33
I'm having the same issue. I was perturbed after purchasing the drone and the fly more package to find out there is no Android version of the simulator. SO, I bought a used 7th generation Ipad, for the sole purpose of running the simulator with the goggles and controller. It works pretty good for a min or two, then the view in the goggles freezes up. The video on the ipad keeps going. I'm very happy with the drone, but feel like I just wasted $200 on a used Ipad. Come on DJI, you can do better.

DJI support has asked me for model and firmware numbers on the goggles, the controller and the Ipad. Then they asked for the DJI virtual flight app log file. I have tried everything I could think of or found online. So far I haven't been able to even browse to the app  on the Ipad. I've used Itunes, file manager, icloud, used an Imac and a PC, no luck. The app just doesn't show up on the Ipad. Any ideas on how to find and copy that log file? I'm a PC guy, so Apple is a little foreign to me.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_et2ZwPI5bVwu
lvl.1
Sweden

I'm having the exact same issue.
iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Updated to the latest available version of iOS, DJI Virtual Flight app and firmware for the goggles.
I also tried different lightning cables.

After a few minutes of running the simulator the video will freeze in the goggles, but the connection to the controller and the video output on the iPhone still works fine.
The goggles never freeze when I'm watching media from the sd-card or when flying my drone.
2022-8-15
Use props
sniglom
lvl.1
Sweden

PaulCalif Posted at 8-7 10:57
DJI support has asked me for model and firmware numbers on the goggles, the controller and the Ipad. Then they asked for the DJI virtual flight app log file. I have tried everything I could think of or found online. So far I haven't been able to even browse to the app  on the Ipad. I've used Itunes, file manager, icloud, used an Imac and a PC, no luck. The app just doesn't show up on the Ipad. Any ideas on how to find and copy that log file? I'm a PC guy, so Apple is a little foreign to me.

I talked to the support as well. They asked me for the logfile for DJI Fly, even though I reported problem with DJI Virtual Flight.

When I checked the logs, there were no logs DJI Virtual Flight. I also checked the DJI Fly logs, but there were no logs for the dates when I ran DJI Virtual flight.

Here are the instructions from the support on how to find the logs:
(If you're using a newer mac, you won't be using iTunes, but Finder.)

1. Install iTunes (https://www.apple.com/itunes/) on the computer. Then, enable the software.

2. Connect the iOS device to the computer and tap “Allow” on the iPhone.

3. Tap the mobile device icon in the top-left corner, and go to the iPhone page.

4. Select “File Sharing” in the left panel and go to the app file sharing page.

5. Select the corresponding app as required. Select the “Logs” file folder and tap “Save” at the bottom of the right window.

2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_gtabCdW229nP
New
Romania

Same problem here. Today I bought a new DJI FPV Combo pack, and the goggles are freezing in simulator. With the latest update.
2022-8-17
Use props
yummy fur
lvl.2

Singapore

Update. Problem is not solved. However it is only intermittent and usually only requires a single reset per session. It seems like more of a big deal at the beginning when learning, but after you get the hang of manual it's not that big a deal if it occasionally freezes. I will say thought that for normal training and gaining confidence the DJI flight app is much better than Velocidrone which is more suited I guess for racing.
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_Vn6h343mQkui
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-31 20:07

Having same problem as all these other people, perfect firmware updates and phone works for everything else. Goggle just pauses at a frame and no controls or buttons will do anything, while point I took a chance to just drop 2k on your FpV drone from DJI was because of the app. Super disappointing
2022-8-28
Use props
danvet
lvl.2

United States

Same problem - goggles consistently freeze when using the DJI Virtual Flight app on both my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro (everything updated to latest versions / firmware).
2022-8-29
Use props
cyberma007
lvl.2

United States

Seems like DJI is ignoring this issue.
Today is Sep 1, I have an IPAD M1, and all my firmwares are updated to the latest and still experiencing Goggles freezing after 1 minute of play and have to reset the goggles for it to work again
@Dji any update on this issue?
2022-9-1
Use props
pvtsailor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 675709 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here

I'm using iphone 12 Pro and an ipad 12,9 M1. On both devices the goggles 2 freezes after a few minutes of flying, while the app is still running.

Plz DJI - fix this problem. The app is unusual.
2022-9-6
Use props
DirkReimann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29327 ft

Switzerland

I have the same problem now. Back in October 2021 I trained for hours with the app without any freezing...
So this came for sure with a firmware upgrade, most likely the googles...
2022-9-18
Use props
FPVrider
lvl.1

Switzerland

Tried to install the app on my iPad and there is the same freezing, apart from an arkward resolution, seems that the app is not optimized for iPad.

However, when you mainly want to learn flying, I found a kind of solution. When the goggles freeze, press c1 and  then select “Try again” on the phone.
You are back to the start (which is annoying when you were about to break a new time record) but the goggles unfreeze.
2022-9-18
Use props
mifish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456188 ft
Canada

I’m also experiencing the same freezing.
iPhone, Goggles and Controller are fully updated and the Goggles 2 freeze after a couple of minutes while the controller and iPhone continue to run.
2022-9-21
Use props
FPVrider
lvl.1

Switzerland

It seems that I found a solution.
In the "VirtualFlight" settings, limit the frame rate to 30 FPS. I did not have any freezing since.
2022-9-25
Use props
JoeMoeMoe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 899 ft
United States

I just used my simulator last night after downloading update to iPhone and simulator. The simulator worked perfectly until the cell phone's battery died. Thank You so much DJI. My issue is solved. Now I can train to go manual mode.
2022-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules