MP4 Format - Does not Play on TV? Mini 2 works fine...
1400 6 2022-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrBlueSky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just got my new mini 3 pro - took it out to fly, came back to watch it on my LG C9 Tv - and the TV says: "Unavailable file system"

With the mini 2 - I just take out the sd card, stick it into the "sd to usb" reader - plug it in the tv, and it works - I can watch my 4k footage stright from the sd card.

Why is this not working with the mini 3 pro?

I do not think it can be a codec issue (like mp4 h264/5) - as the sd card is completely unredable. So Has DJI changed the file system - and now made it impossible to just watch back footage from the sd card?
2022-5-31
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

Works fine on my SONY Bravia
2022-5-31
Use props
MrBlueSky
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm just trying now...

I have 2 identical sd cards - both are fat 32, one is from mini 2, and plays on TV. One is from mini 3 pro - will not play.

BUT... If I put the mini 2 sd card into the mini 3 pro - and record, the footage will then play on the tv no problem.

So it is something to do with the way the mini 3 pro formatted the sd card when it was first used.

I will try and format the sd card now with windows 10 - then not let the drone format the card...
2022-5-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like you could have an ex-Fat formatted card and your TV doesnt read that format.  
2022-5-31
Use props
MrBlueSky
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Both were fat-32 according to windows, but maybe the mini 3 pro made the sd card exFat - but windows sees it as fat 32?

Anyway... Problem solved!

I had to format the card to Fat-32 on windows, then the card can be seen by the drone, and by the TV.

Thanks for help
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MrBlueSky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to solve the issue and for sharing the solution that you have done to fix the issue? Thank you.
2022-6-1
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hey MrBlueSky,

Are you using D-Cinelike 10 bit and also you might be using H.265 encoding that your TV does not support. You can try switching to H.264 with Normal color profile and you can try encoding in low frame rate i.e. 30 fps to see if that help. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.

2022-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules