Mavic Pro lost, new DJI AIR 2S
1245 9 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HymmKaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035174 ft
Switzerland

After 5 years, 1167 km of distance through 325 flights (3 batteries), I lost my Mavic Pro in a lac, just after a take-off.

Batteries were still good, but I made the big mistake to let the drone in the car during the night. Without checking the batteries temperature (it was 8 Celsius early morning), I took off the MVP, headed on the lac, and just had a few seconds to see the drone landing in the water, with a “Critical battery status, Landing” message.

Anyway, it was time to me to move to another drone. So I decided to acquire a new one:

AIR 2S: fantastic machine ! Better camera, more camera/shooting options, slightly longer flight distance, lighter ! The combo offered what I bought separatly when the MVP was released: two additional batteries, camera filters, replacement propellers. It was worth losing my MVP

I only regret that the telemetry data are not displayed on an LCD display on the RC, everything rely on the mobile/tablet display. So, if I loose video signal, I will feel blind and hope data will continue to display on the screen.

Great quality those drones, really.

2022-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the Air 2S and find it to be an excellent drone with lots of very useful functions. Not quite the quality of the Mavic 3 but very close and much, much cheaper.
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HymmKaar. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for purchasing the DJI Air 2S. If you have any inquiries with DJI or with your new DJI Air 2S. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying.
2022-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the AIR 2S.   
2022-6-1
Use props
HymmKaar
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-1 21:10
Hello there HymmKaar. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for purchasing the DJI Air 2S. If you have any inquiries with DJI or with your new DJI Air 2S. Kindly please post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying.

Thanks Stephen !

one idea for the Product Management as an additional security feature for the drone and the pilot: battery temperature detection when the drone is powered-on, and no take-off of the drone, if the plugged battery's temperature is not in the right operational range.

This can help
2022-6-3
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

were you able to recover the drone or is she gone forever?
2022-6-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting the Air2S.
2022-6-4
Use props
HymmKaar
lvl.2
Switzerland

Josh Cheater Posted at 6-3 12:43
were you able to recover the drone or is she gone forever?

Unfortunately deep in the cold lake, gone for ever.
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HymmKaar Posted at 6-3 02:54
Thanks Stephen !

one idea for the Product Management as an additional security feature for the drone and the pilot: battery temperature detection when the drone is powered-on, and no take-off  of the drone, if the plugged battery's temperature is not in the right operational range.

Hi there HymmKaar. You are very much welcome and thank you for giving out these information. These information with definitely be noted. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-6-6
Use props
Josh Cheater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1916526 ft
United States

HymmKaar Posted at 6-6 01:09
Unfortunately deep in the cold lake, gone for ever.

So sad...
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules