Mavic 3 IMU Calibration Failure
4770 15 2022-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msgbes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472257 ft
United States

Hello - Could use some help here.  I just updated the firmware to V01.00.0700. As always I perform a compass, gimbal,and an IMU calibration.  for some reason at the end of the IMU calibration, I get a IMU calibration failure and prompted to try again.  I have tried multiple times and each time the calibration fails.  Coulld it be the firmware update?  or something else? Has anyone experienced this?  If so what was your remedy if resolved it?  Thanks
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there msgbes. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message when calibrating the IMU of your DJI Mavic 3? Thank you.
2022-6-1
Use props
msgbes
lvl.2
United States

Yes.  After going thru the complete IMU Calibration sequence I get a IMU fail notification and prompted to repertory the calibration.  This occurred after upgrading to the most recent firmware version for the Mavic 3 which is v01.00.0700.  Compass calibration and gimbal calibration was done satisfactory.  Calibration was performed on a flat level dry surface with no metallic objects in close proximity.  As well as tried multiple times after the initial IMU calibration failure.  Please advise.  Thanks
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 878786 ft
United Kingdom

I've had exactly the same issue
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 878786 ft
United Kingdom

I contacted DJI Technical support about this issue, and they have now replied saying:

"Kindly follow the steps below that can be helpful to resolve this issue:

1. When calibrating on the first side, do not shake the aircraft and keep it level, or the temperature calibration may fail.
2. If the calibration fails, power on the product again. If a prompt stating that the IMU calibration is required is still shown, calibrate the IMU again. If the prompt is not displayed, IMU calibration does not need to be performed."

It looks like there must be a bug in the upgrade, but will try what they advise
2022-6-2
Use props
msgbes
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_7iaU6Szy4EJo Posted at 6-2 03:35
I contacted DJI Technical support about this issue, and they have now replied saying:

"Kindly follow the steps below that can be helpful to resolve this issue:

I never got a IMU calibration required after performing the update.  I do it because somewhere I was told to do that after performing a firmware update.  I don’t remember where I was told that..
2022-6-2
Use props
GiuFed 68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7110 ft
  • >>>
Italy

msgbes Posted at 6-2 03:42
I never got a IMU calibration required after performing the update.  I do it because somewhere I was told to do that after performing a firmware update.  I don’t remember where I was told that..

Identical problems after the firmware update and in addition it gives me sensor errors.
2022-6-2
Use props
Helnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3077513 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same here and screen freeze in flight for some second. I contact dji support and they ask to proceed an imu calibration.

The imu calibration fail. They ask me to return the kit.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Helnet Posted at 6-2 18:15
Same here and screen freeze in flight for some second. I contact dji support and they ask to proceed an imu calibration.

The imu calibration fail. They ask me to return the kit.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about that. May we know more details about your issue? Is there any error message prompt? We would appreciate it if you could provide us with a screenshot.
2022-6-2
Use props
Helnet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3077513 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the Mavic 3 cine version with the RC Pro controller.

I started getting slow screen and freeze even before the update. With the new version, the issue is accentuated.

I contacted DJI service. I tried to calibrate the IMU without success.

I tried with the air 2s controller and I don't have this freezing problem but I still can't calibrate the imu. The IMU indicates normal. There seems to be a problem with the RC Pro controller.

I reset the RC Pro. I will try again later when the weather is better.

I'm adding a link of a video I recorded of the RC Pro screen. You can better solve the problem.

RC Pro Freezing
2022-6-3
Use props
fansf1618e58
lvl.1

Greece

I have the some problem, do why know when it come the new update??
2022-6-3
Use props
msgbes
lvl.2
United States

Just got off the phone with DJI (I'm supriesed they actually have alive person to talk to)  They are having me send the drone in so they can look at it.  I don't know if that is good or not.
2022-6-3
Use props
msgbes
lvl.2
United States

Just got a reply from DJI via Facebook.  See their reply below:

Hunter Haopeng Chen
Hi there, we have received an update from our engineers. The issue has been located, the processing method of the data used in the IMU calibration may cause some aircraft probabilistically result in not meet the requirements of the calibration algorithm. It will not affect the aircraft. We will optimize the issue soon with an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

msgbes Posted at 6-3 15:11
Just got a reply from DJI via Facebook.  See their reply below:

This is correct, our engineers are working on the issue and will optimize it as soon as possible, please wait for the update.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_JPv74XpIZ2ag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245791 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem with Mavic 3 Cine, IMU calibration fail.

Also, I had my aircraft replaced recently and the new propellers I received all seem to be warping, really disappointed as have none left now.

When folded up the rear arms also rub badly on the side of the gimbal housing, really poor design or maybe just not right. I’m not sure if they replaced my unit with a brand new one or a re-housed refurbished one!!
D87F9478-6A2F-4388-8927-5B66D7112F33.jpeg
3C4FF6B8-81A8-4BFF-976A-EA80C98B3DE9.jpeg
3FD0D1E8-1FD3-43F7-9640-94E3E076FFD2.jpeg
2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_GqcyF7r21IZr
lvl.1

Netherlands

I have the same problem. The Mavic 3 has flown Away   approx. 10/12 meters, hight 2 meters for Some unknown reasons. I did not use the ctrl sticks. Luckely I could handcatch the Mavic 3 but the RCpro did not act as usual and I could not get It out, not even sideways. A message on screen appeared to be the IMU failure. However the IMU could not be calibrated earlier. Like other pilots mentioned here it fails to calibrate with message “recalibrate”.
2022-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules