Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

I was just going over my stats on AD for my Mini 2 and noticed that my longest flight time was over 27 minutes from 97% - 0% on this day, i believe that i had it hover for the last little bit and got it to force-land, i think i was seeing how much was left after 0%, i think it was an easy 2 minutes.
As for what i was doing, don't ask cause i do not have a scooby, there's nothing there, perhaps it was a practise run lol

I am well aware of the ''not to drain the battery'' but i have done it with the P4P over the last 4.5 years and still have its original battery plus 1 from the same year, the other 2 were replaced due to me dropping 1 battery multiple times in one day, it caused it to malfunction and another time was when i ditched it in 2ft of water, they were expensive days

Screenshot 2022-06-02 044019.png
2022-6-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these flight information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-6-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never go over 25% battery but yesterday I flew Mini3 10km on 75% of the battery,  albeit in a couple of circles.  
2022-6-1
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

26:22 from 100% to 4%
2022-6-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive flight time Bashy.  
2022-6-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-1 23:27
I never go over 25% battery but yesterday I flew Mini3 10km on 75% of the battery,  albeit in a couple of circles.

Pretty much what i did, except for the 25%, as a rule, i will be back at the home point for around 25 to 30%, occasionally i will drain the battery to 10%, this one was a rare one just to see what it would give out.
2022-6-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FabioV Posted at 6-1 23:34
26:22 from 100% to 4%

Pretty good, im not sure why mine started at 97%, i think it had started its discharge...
2022-6-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-2 02:34
Very impressive flight time Bashy.

I bet that bigger Mini 3 will produce some decent times
Whats the Mavic 3 like cause that's got a decent battery?
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-2 02:49
I bet that bigger Mini 3 will produce some decent times
Whats the Mavic 3 like cause that's got a decent battery?

Can't help you with either.  The Mini3P I ordered is stuck in a DJI warehouse.  I got an email from DJI stating shipped on May 25th.  UPS denies the package has been picked up and here it is 6 days later.  I never bought the Mavic 3 as I was holding out to see if they could get all the issues fixed.  

So in the meantime I just keep on flying the Air 2S and the Skydio 2+.  I'm only averaging 22 minutes flying time on the Air 2S.  So I'm hoping when I get the Mini 3P with the extended batteries I can finally get over 30 minutes of flying time.  
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_C6rYzmMApONc
New

Spain

as dji deceives and scams users, it is incomprehensible that things like this happen, at 1.7 meters and the technical service says 10 cm and the insurance does not cover it, they are liars
2022-6-2
Use props
lakeguy55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45892 ft
United States

For one of the newbies on the forum, can you post what app or how you got the info shown above? AD?  Thanks
2022-6-2
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

djiuser_C6rYzmMApONc Posted at 6-2 05:47
as dji deceives and scams users, it is incomprehensible that things like this happen, at 1.7 meters and the technical service says 10 cm and the insurance does not cover it, they are liars[view_image]

why do you keep posting this on every thread...please start your own thread and share your issue so maybe we can help if possible or at least understand what happened..
2022-6-2
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Bashy, nice to see you getting that amount of time.  I remember back while flying little battery helicopters - 7 minutes was a nice amount
2022-6-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-2 13:17
Bashy, nice to see you getting that amount of time.  I remember back while flying little battery helicopters - 7 minutes was a nice amount

As much as i'd always wanted to try one of those, that and the crashing part was why i never ended up with one
2022-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-2 02:47
Pretty much what i did, except for the 25%, as a rule, i will be back at the home point for around 25 to 30%, occasionally i will drain the battery to 10%, this one was a rare one just to see what it would give out.

I always plan to be back with 25% then if I have any wind issues Ive got the reserve to deal with it.
2022-6-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

DAFlys Posted at 6-2 23:05
I always plan to be back with 25% then if I have any wind issues Ive got the reserve to deal with it.

Yep, thats my rule of thumb although not so much for the wind as i am already pretty much aware as to whats going on preflight and during so the flight already has the wind in mind. Generally, when i fly, the wind is steady, then declining or already declining. Having my own Pro weather station helps in some regards.

With this flight, i was already close by so i took it down to 10% then just let it hover in place at about 6 to 10 ft, i cant rem now but that's about right for when i do this, then had our chats and cappucino's till it dropped dead...
2022-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I never made it this long.
Usually 18-22 minutes.
2022-6-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

The longest flight time I’ve ever recorded on my Mavic 3 was 55 miniutes and that was from 75% to I think 10% or 15%. But the reason why it was so long was because earlier that day I had taken my Mavic 3 out for a spin after a break from the rain but when I noticed from my camera view that it was starting to rain again I quickly brought it inside and just ran the props for a couple minutes to heat the drone up to evaporate the water and because just running the props at low speed doesn’t drain the battery really fast and the drone logs count that as flight time I was able to get an incredible lengthy flight..
2022-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-3 21:34
The longest flight time I’ve ever recorded on my Mavic 3 was 55 miniutes and that was from 75% to I think 10% or 15%. But the reason why it was so long was because earlier that day I had taken my Mavic 3 out for a spin after a break from the rain but when I noticed from my camera view that it was starting to rain again I quickly brought it inside and just ran the props for a couple minutes to heat the drone up to evaporate the water and because just running the props at low speed doesn’t drain the battery really fast and the drone logs count that as flight time I was able to get an incredible lengthy flight..

Ha ha, yeah not so sure that counts lol
2022-6-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-3 21:42
Ha ha, yeah not so sure that counts lol

Yeah but the flight log said it did but my real longest flight time was 22 minutes with the Mavic 3 from 90% to 10% and I know that Dji said that the Mavic 3 has a 46 minute flight time but in the real world it really doesn’t.
2022-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-3 21:53
Yeah but the flight log said it did but my real longest flight time was 22 minutes with the Mavic 3 from 90% to 10% and I know that Dji said that the Mavic 3 has a 46 minute flight time but in the real world it really doesn’t.

There is a lot to take in to account when thinking about battery run time, weather/atmospherics, warmer weather is better than cool as you get more lift as its denser air, thus less strain on the motors and in turn battery, then there's the wind, needs to be a calm day.

Then there's the flight mannerism, it needs to be a constant flight at the spec'd mph for that ac. no stop starting or hovering.

Also the battery level needs to be taken into consideration too, a fully charged battery is more accurate than not fully charged, it may actually have ben a few % less.

So with all that above and that you only used 80% of the battery, i reckons you should be able to do at least 30 minutes maybe even 35 with that ac without having to take it down to the wire.
2022-6-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-3 22:05
There is a lot to take in to account when thinking about battery run time, weather/atmospherics, warmer weather is better than cool as you get more lift as its denser air, thus less strain on the motors and in turn battery, then there's the wind, needs to be a calm day.

Then there's the flight mannerism, it needs to be a constant flight at the spec'd mph for that ac. no stop starting or hovering.

Yes I do agree but the reason why I took off at 90% was because of the gps issue that has plagued the Mavic 3 for so long until just a few days ago with the latest firmware but something also to take on account with flight time is having systems such as Airsense, the bottom LED, shooting video, obstacle avoidance and more all contribute to decreased flight time but tomorrow is actually very promising with no wind and so I hope to take my Mavic 3 with new gps fix and 100% battery to get a good estimate.
2022-6-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-3 04:24
Yep, thats my rule of thumb although not so much for the wind as i am already pretty much aware as to whats going on preflight and during so the flight already has the wind in mind. Generally, when i fly, the wind is steady, then declining or already declining. Having my own Pro weather station helps in some regards.

With this flight, i was already close by so i took it down to 10% then just let it hover in place at about 6 to 10 ft, i cant rem now but that's about right for when i do this, then had our chats and cappucino's till it dropped dead...

Apparently Mini 2 can go to about -5% (although the gauge stays a 0).  it will keep flying a little bit past 0.
2022-6-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-4 00:06
Apparently Mini 2 can go to about -5% (although the gauge stays a 0).  it will keep flying a little bit past 0.

I would agree with that, certainly somewhere close..
2022-6-4
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-2 19:28
As much as i'd always wanted to try one of those, that and the crashing part was why i never ended up with one

They are a lot better now.  Some day I hope to get into scale Helicopters.  Long way off
2022-6-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-4 16:43
They are a lot better now.  Some day I hope to get into scale Helicopters.  Long way off

If they can fly like a drone, i.e. can alt hold etc then i may consider one, if not then no chance, heck, i cant even fly a drone right lol
2022-6-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-4 01:54
I would agree with that, certainly somewhere close..

I pretty sure that its not great for the longevity of the battery though.   
2022-6-5
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-4 17:59
If they can fly like a drone, i.e. can alt hold etc then i may consider one, if not then no chance, heck, i cant even fly a drone right lol

" I can't even fly a drone right."  That is what I say as well, it does take time.  But I much prefer the way drones can hover, to the way I used to get the helicopter to hover, and not near as well.  But, it was lack of experience on my part as well.  Either is a joy to fly.  I am not a trick flyer with either, I just want to be good at the basics, and with the drone, get some good photos/videos.  I do enjoy the at least twenty minutes of fly time with the drone.  I had a Mavic Pro Platinum for a couple years, it always worked fine, but I felt uncomfortable with it, but now with the Smart Controller and Mini2, I am getting the enjoyment level, I had wished for with the MPP.  Happy flying.
2022-6-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-5 08:13
" I can't even fly a drone right."  That is what I say as well, it does take time.  But I much prefer the way drones can hover, to the way I used to get the helicopter to hover, and not near as well.  But, it was lack of experience on my part as well.  Either is a joy to fly.  I am not a trick flyer with either, I just want to be good at the basics, and with the drone, get some good photos/videos.  I do enjoy the at least twenty minutes of fly time with the drone.  I had a Mavic Pro Platinum for a couple years, it always worked fine, but I felt uncomfortable with it, but now with the Smart Controller and Mini2, I am getting the enjoyment level, I had wished for with the MPP.  Happy flying.

That good to hear, glad youre enjoying it.

I have tried so many times to get the figure of 8 right, i can do it as long as both circles don't have to be the same size lol. I probably do not fly as often as i like so i don't get to practice that as often as i like either. My main constriction is that i have 3 dogs and sometimes 5 and one of my 3 is quite old for a Beardie, 14 and has a really bad hip etc so i try not to be out too long or if he has a poorly tummy then I don't go anywhere for obvious reasons lol

I actually love flying either my P4P or the Mini 2, probably prefer the latter due to the ease of setup, so I would probably love the Mini 3 Pro and DJI RC combo
2022-6-5
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-5 17:54
That good to hear, glad youre enjoying it.

I have tried so many times to get the figure of 8 right, i can do it as long as both circles don't have to be the same size lol. I probably do not fly as often as i like so i don't get to practice that as often as i like either. My main constriction is that i have 3 dogs and sometimes 5 and one of my 3 is quite old for a Beardie, 14 and has a really bad hip etc so i try not to be out too long or if he has a poorly tummy then I don't go anywhere for obvious reasons lol

ENJOY the Drones and Dogs, each is a pleasure.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_elmIyQiglT87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6091768 ft
Romania

1h is good.
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-21-344_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-37-721_dji.go.v5.jpg
2022-8-27
Use props
LoveYou