Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sending in damaged drone - what about battery?
1553 7 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kandikills
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101663 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I've reported an issue with my Mavic Air 2 and DJI sent me the UPS label. The issue may be with the battery, but DJI clearly stated not to ship batteries. How to proceed, I'm afraid if they fix my drone and then I'll crash again because it would be a battery issue?

Thank you.

Sending from Portugal to DJI in Netherlands.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Could you describe the issue of your drone in more detail? Besides, could you please tell me the case number and may I confirm if your batteries were swollen? Looking forward to your reply.
2022-6-2
Use props
kandikills
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-2 03:02
Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you've encountered. Could you describe the issue of your drone in more detail? Besides, could you please tell me the case number and may I confirm if your batteries were swollen? Looking forward to your reply.

Hello, thanks for your reply.
No, batteries were not swellen, but I did notice it was a bit hot the day before when not in use.
The drone fell off just under 2mins airborne, after a quick notice on screen - RC connection lost + Gimbal malfunction.
Clear open area, drone clearly on sight, no obstacles, just wanted to do a panoramic of the avenue. Altitude 50m, alt 90m. Took off with battery around 60%, when crashing battery stated 52%. All batteries were fully charged previously on Wednesday, flight was on a Saturday.
Case number CAS-9241555-H3C5R5
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kandikills Posted at 6-2 03:52
Hello, thanks for your reply.
No, batteries were not swellen, but I did notice it was a bit hot the day before when not in use.
The drone fell off just under 2mins airborne, after a quick notice on screen - RC connection lost + Gimbal malfunction.

Thank you for your confirmation. If the battery is not severely damaged, swollen, or has liquid leaked out, you can send the battery.
But if the battery has any of the issues mentioned above, please do not send the battery back. Please take some pictures and the serial number of the battery and send them to us, we will help to take note on your case.
Sorry again for the accident that happened to your drone.
2022-6-2
Use props
kandikills
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 6-2 06:07
Thank you for your confirmation. If the battery is not severely damaged, swollen, or has liquid leaked out, you can send the battery.
But if the battery has any of the issues mentioned above, please do not send the battery back. Please take some pictures and the serial number of the battery and send them to us, we will help to take note on your case.
Sorry again for the accident that happened to your drone.

Hello Susan,

Thanks for your reply.

Battery has no signs of visible damages, swelling or leaking - the only issues were I found it "warmer" the day before (battery not in use, and not attached to the drone), and of course, the crash for no apparent reason.
If I am to send the battery, how shall I send it - in a lipo bag, or attached to drone?  

Please see here the attached images.

2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kandikills Posted at 6-2 06:38
Hello Susan,

Thanks for your reply.

Hi there, the battery has a self-discharge feature when it is not used for a certain time, therefore, it could be a little warm when it is not used in days. As per checking, you can send the battery. You can just attach it to the drone. Thank you.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_4VJlNoVG4Hal
New

United States

Thank you for your information about the batteries. I am preparing to ship my drone to DJI for repair, I saw that I should not send the propellers back. Should I remove the propellers that are on the drone, or is it talking about the spare propellers. Thanks!
2022-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_4VJlNoVG4Hal Posted at 11-2 14:56
Thank you for your information about the batteries. I am preparing to ship my drone to DJI for repair, I saw that I should not send the propellers back. Should I remove the propellers that are on the drone, or is it talking about the spare propellers. Thanks!

Please do not send back the spare propellers. And it's no need to remove the propellers from the drone. You can just directly send the drone with the propellers back.
2022-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules