Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Otter Watching
532 8 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RH009
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234616 ft
United States

Had the chance to test out the audience goggles today, and stupid me didn't set them up correctly to record... whoops. I've got them setup correctly now, I just wish there was a way to designate them as "Audience Always" goggles, so they automatically connect to the pilot feed and you don't have to manually connect them each time. Maybe there is and I just haven't found that feature yet. *shrug*
Anyhow, my wife and I were out behind our neighborhood and I was testing her ability to handle the rolls, flips, and loops with the audience goggles on. I've got to say, she was a little more than vocal, but didn't puke, so I'll give her that. As we were flying around, she spotted something in the creek and yelled at me to "STOP! STOP! STOP!"... of course, my initial reaction was "OH ****!!" and I slammed on the brakes! Even flying at +50mph, the brake feature is truly fantastic! So I slammed on the brakes, only to find out I wasn't about to take out a bird, or a plane, or a tree.... but rather she wanted to see what was swimming in the water. I calmed my mind, rolled my eyes and went ahead with her wishes. Ugh....

Leaving this fast beast in N Mode, while aiming the gimble 50° downward, just didn't feel right. I mean, if I wanted to spy on little furry animals, I'd use my MA2... but yet, here I was, hovering in place, watching these magnificent little creatures do their thing. I know this isn't really a 'camera' drone, it doesn't have all the fancy features of the Mavics, but I do have to say, after watching the video back on my laptop, it's pretty darn good.  We only spent a few minutes over the creek, watching the otters and turtles, before I noticed my battery was below 30%, and we had to head back. Luckly, it was only about 100' or so away from where we were sitting, so it was a short return trip. I switched out the battery and went back to flying the way this beast was meant to be flown, fast and hard!

The video is below, but it's only a couple minutes long, since we didn't stick around and I wasn't going to keep spying on the poor little creatures. I am curious though... there are two 'dams' that seem to have formed. Looking at the dams, do you think they were naturally made or creature made? I know otters will use old dams in which to build thier dens around, but they don't actually build dams (I don't believe). So it has me wondering how these came to be.  Thoughts?

2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RH009. Good day and thank you for giving out these information and for sharing this interesting aerial video that you have filmed. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe there are beavers in the area too.
2022-6-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting nature views.    If you don't have beavers in that area the dams were probably nature made.  

Might be time to buy the wife the Mini FPV when it comes out or heck get her the full version and you can do some chase footage.  
2022-6-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-2 23:42
Maybe there are beavers in the area too.

That's what she was wondering, but who knows. Never really paid attention to the creek back there, although it may have some decent fish in it, when there's water.
2022-6-3
Use props
RH009
lvl.3
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-3 03:04
Interesting nature views.    If you don't have beavers in that area the dams were probably nature made.  

Might be time to buy the wife the Mini FPV when it comes out or heck get her the full version and you can do some chase footage.

Thanks! I'm not sure she'd want the FPV, although she has been learning to fly the MA2 and it could very well become hers if I'm not careful.
2022-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2022-6-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

RH009 Posted at 6-3 09:16
Thanks! I'm not sure she'd want the FPV, although she has been learning to fly the MA2 and it could very well become hers if I'm not careful.

You're welcome.  

Hey, happy wife, happy life.
2022-6-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly not the easiest of animals to observe. Well spotted.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules