Compatible laptops for editing
2788 14 2022-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7D2QnAdG8Gvs
lvl.1

United States

New here, I have an older macbook pro and the videos from the mavic 3 are very choppy.  I'm looking to purchase the new macbook pro 14in, will it be able to play the videos smoothly and handle editing, I'm most definitely not a pro, just doing basic editing.
2022-6-2
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

What video format you want to edit?
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_7D2QnAdG8Gvs
lvl.1

United States

Dennis Hung Posted at 6-2 20:56
What video format you want to edit?

I just want something that can handle any of the videos????? I don't have the Cine version if that helps...
2022-6-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

if you buy the new 14" macbook pro with the apple m1 pro chip, you should be able to play any video that you wish.
2022-6-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes the new M1 PRO chip or even the M1 MAX (which would just be overkill) in the new MacBook Pro lineup have just amazing performance but before you spend another car payment on a MacBook Pro may I ask what video resolution are you shooting in. Because if your shooting in 5.1k then even if you get a new laptop it will still be choppy as in order to view 5.1k video without it being choppy is to have a 5k monitor like the Apple Studio Display or LG 5k monitor or if dreams came true the Apple Pro XDR Display as the MacBook pros only have 4k screen capabilities so just try shooting in 4k or I personally like to shoot in C4k which there no difference in 4k or C4k other than it’s cropped to look more cinematic and see if that works but if not then Yeah get the new MacBook Pro.
2022-6-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Create proxy files when you import the media and then edit in 1080p mode it will be much quicker.    But you will have to wait for the proxies to be created.  
2022-6-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can edit very smoothly using a reasonably good IPad or new IPad mini and LumaFusion it handles any 4k 5k like a boss and the software is excellent and costs one off $25 is constantly updated and easy to get started.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can share the specifications of PC / laptops that they are using to edit there work. Keep flying and have a nice day.
2022-6-3
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The M1 MacBook Pro series will be more than capable.

I'm still running the original M1 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM) and it's able to handle ProRes clips like a dream. I'm forever wanting to upgrade and be running the fastest processors, but this OG M1 is still performing 18 months later.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_7D2QnAdG8Gvs
lvl.1

United States

You all have been very helpful, thank you so much!
2022-6-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

did somebody say proxies?  dont forget we have this in dr:  
2022-6-3
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

MacBook Pro M1 should do you just fine. I used a MacBook Air M1 and have not had any problems playing or editing videos/photos. In fact, it does better, imo, than my i7 10700 Rtx 2070 desktop.
2022-6-3
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

M1, no problem with video editing.  Look at Divinci Resolve
2022-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

For those who do not want to pay through the nose for a capable Apple product, just choose a laptop from those intended for gaming, then it should be OK.
2022-6-3
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-2 23:54
You can edit very smoothly using a reasonably good IPad or new IPad mini and LumaFusion it handles any 4k 5k like a boss and the software is excellent and costs one off $25 is constantly updated and easy to get started.

Yep that’s why I love LumaFusion app with my iPad Pro!!
2022-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules