3188 15 2022-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Sw1jv6jpIkTN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325 ft
Austria

Hi,

just tried quick transfer today for the first time and always get a timeout after confirming the quick transfer by pressing the button for 2 sec on the drone. Drone is seen by DJI Fly App (about 50cm distance).
2 different Android devices (both Android 11) with wifi and bluetooth turned on and latest DJI Fly app (downloaded today).
Any Ideas?

Thanks!
2022-6-3
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Hi, I have Samsung Note8 with Android9 and Quick Transfer is working very well. Transfer speed is 27-29Mb/s... Sometimes there is shown warning about interference, but it's for 1-2 seconds only and speed doesn't fall below 25Mb/s
Have you enabled DualBand on drone? Arent there some restriction about 5Ghz wifi in your country?
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Thank you.
2022-6-3
Use props
Helmut S.
lvl.1
Austria

enricorc_cz Posted at 6-3 01:52
Hi, I have Samsung Note8 with Android9 and Quick Transfer is working very well. Transfer speed is 27-29Mb/s... Sometimes there is shown warning about interference, but it's for 1-2 seconds only and speed doesn't fall below 25Mb/s
Have you enabled DualBand on drone? Arent there some restriction about 5Ghz wifi in your country?

Hi - thanks for looking into that.
Dual band is enabled and 2,4 and 5GHz bands are fully available. Monitoring from the RC shows no issue.
2022-6-3
Use props
Helmut S.
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 02:07
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and are you receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application? Thank you.

1st device is a Nokia 5.2 phone with Android 11 (sec update May 1, 2022)
2ns device is a Okitel Tablet model RT1 (outdoor) also with Android 11
2022-6-3
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

Another thing I thought of - Haven't you turned on power saving mode (in android)? And in the wifi settings there is usually also power saving mode (in advanced settings)...
2022-6-3
Use props
Helmut S.
lvl.1
Austria

enricorc_cz Posted at 6-3 03:33
Another thing I thought of - Haven't you turned on power saving mode (in android)? And in the wifi settings there is usually also power saving mode (in advanced settings)...

Hi - got it now working once- same setting, same position about 1 out of 10 tries I made was successful. Then I got timeouts again. So no need to press the button on the drone again - but again timeouts.
No power saving mode on android.
Now 2 non succesful ones and one succesful connaction. seems to be unstable.
2022-6-3
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Czechia

Helmut S. Posted at 6-3 04:17
Hi - got it now working once- same setting, same position about 1 out of 10 tries I made was successful. Then I got timeouts again. So no need to press the button on the drone again - but again timeouts.
No power saving mode on android.
Now 2 non succesful ones and one succesful connaction. seems to be unstable.

That's weird.. I would try it with some phone with lower android version, otherwise contact DJI support....
2022-6-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Huawei P30 Pro working fine with QT.
Check your phone and app.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_h91IODrCQEj5
New
Flight distance : 55000 ft
Germany

Hi, same thing with my huawei Mate 10 Pro. Timeout, fly app new installed for several times, set cellular phone off, nothing works
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Helmut S. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Upon checking the mobile devices ( Nokia 5.2 phone with Android 11 and Okitel Tablet Model RT1 ) that you want to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that these mobile devices are not recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the   Nokia 5.2 phone with Android 11 and the Okitel Tablet Model RT1 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Thank you.
2022-6-6
Use props
Skullbreaker18
New

Switzerland

Hi, same thing with my Oppo Reno 4  Pro 5G. Timeout, fly app new installed for several times, set cellular phone off, nothing works!!!
2022-6-7
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Works perfectly for me on a Pixel 4a5G and Samsung S5E.

25MBps transfer BUT does slow for periods complaining of "interference" even in a remote, rural location with no other transmitters for literally miles.
2022-6-8
Use props
Jrelefante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50033 ft
Spain

hi, i have same issue on a oneplus 9 that is supported, it detects the quick transfer, when you press coneect the drone leds start flashing in different way and you are asked to press the button on the dorne for 2 secs, when you do that the leds light up and stopp blinking but after some seconds the phone says that it timed out and the flashing coms back to the drone. i have tested on ios and works, i also tried to disaable the data and wifi on the phone and same error.
Drone is mini 3 pro. and android is 12.
Any recomendations?
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_LKdPn0YNp3S4
New

United States

Jrelefante Posted at 8-10 03:32
hi, i have same issue on a oneplus 9 that is supported, it detects the quick transfer, when you press coneect the drone leds start flashing in different way and you are asked to press the button on the dorne for 2 secs, when you do that the leds light up and stopp blinking but after some seconds the phone says that it timed out and the flashing coms back to the drone. i have tested on ios and works, i also tried to disaable the data and wifi on the phone and same error.
Drone is mini 3 pro. and android is 12.
Any recomendations?

I have the exact same problem. Pixel 6 pro on Android 13.  Last time I used it I was on Android 13 and it was fine
2022-9-5
Use props
Homes N Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

Absolutely awful software and app.  A stupid quick transfer shouldn't be this hard to do or be this irregular across the board.  Clearly DJI hasn't developed an app or software on the drone that works properly.   What a joke.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules