Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RoboMaster + Smart Controller
2799 6 2022-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vinz1911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 513524 ft
Germany

Hey everyone,

I like the DJI Products and i love my DJI Air 2S Drone with the DJI Smart Controller. I bought also a RoboMaster a few ago with the DJI Gamepad and...

... i dont like this Gamepad. I absolutely don't know what DJI thought, that this is a good solution? i dont like the single Analog Stick and i don't like the way to connect my Smartphone with the cable to this Gamepad. So i imagined how cool it would be, if i can control my RoboMaster with the Smart Controller from my Air 2S Drone. I mean it's just a weird looking android phone so it must be possible. Writing a feature request will probably run into nothing, so i decided to did it by my own.

And here we go, this is my very early protoype. I hope you enjoy!!

Greetings
2022-6-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I like this!
2022-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-3
Use props
Vinz1911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 513524 ft
Germany

Thank you!! This would be awesome

The original RoboMaster App for Android works on the Smart Controller, i tried it out. If the App could detect and use the Smart Controller as an Option would be very Nice.

Driving the RoboMaster with the Smart Controller is a big improvment and a great new experience. I would be very happy if the DJI Team would also see it so
2022-6-4
Use props
MikeP5
lvl.2

Austria

Vinz1911 Posted at 2022-6-4 01:53
Thank you!! This would be awesome  

The original RoboMaster App for Android works on the Smart Controller, i tried it out. If the App could detect and use the Smart Controller as an Option would be very Nice.

Hello!

Did this ever lead anywhere? I'm looking for a controller solution for the Robomaster as I don't like the the way the app controls the drive.

Specifically I don't like the fact that the turn left and right control is incremental and not like a joystick i.e. if you swipe left it will turn a certain amount and then you need to swipe again. It should be like in your video, where the turn is also joystick based and holding left will rotate until centered. Maybe there is a way to change this behaviour but I haven't found it. Should be an easy addition?

Thanks,

Mike
2023-2-15
Use props
djifan99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1611 ft
United States

Nice!!! Did you write an app to control the robot? I think alternatively you can get the Octopus gamepad mapping app which emulates the joystick movement to touch events. I have it working with a Xbox controller but haven't tried on Smart Controller or the RC pro, but I think it should work.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mishap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26352 ft
United States

How did you do this?  Any updates?  I just got a RoboMaster S1 and would love to be able to use one of my DJI RC's for it.
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules