1234Next >
37390 128 2022-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1e243db9
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi Guys, I am from Brazil and I am using my Mavic Mini 3 for two weeks. Just updated when I received my drone, so I Don't know how was it behavior before it. I've been notice the same issue you guys described. For every quick shot, the vídeo gets out focus, once you can't use manual focus on it and you can't adjust AF on touch on these modes. For normal videos, I've been noticed that every time you stop the video, the AF trys to find de focus and if you don't touch the screen to find it, the recorded video gets out of focus. It's very annoying, because if you forgot to tap the screen you loose all footage. On manual focus, I can get sharpness videos. Tried to contact support here in Brazil and I am waiting to answer my email. I am worried, because I bought this drone to use master shots and quick shots and none of then I can get a good footage, they are out focus as I mentioned before. I made some upload videos on YouTube for you guys see the videos I filmed. Links bellow:

youtu.be/p7jh8Y_bz9Q[/url]
youtu.be/GKE58XXhCd8[/url]
youtu.be/MLDdU4KVJkc[/url]
youtu.be/bv14KX4oFhg[/url]
youtu.be/HcFD-Bpt6Ts[/url]
youtube.com/shorts/r3ixcZ1m_zc?feature=share[/url]

2022-7-19
Use props
leoblima
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

Monkey Station Posted at 7-18 20:19
For me this happened after updating to the v01.00.0201 firmware, which does have a new continuous auto focus mode. Before it was just "landscape" or manual focus and after it adds the auto focus option.
My shots just went blurry and couldn't get the sharpness I had before. So I downgraded the firmware back to the previous version and now everything seems fine again.

Thanks for you answer ! Can you tell me how did you downgraded ?
2022-7-19
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Is the autofocus half-press only with the RC?
My N1 doesn't do this
2022-7-19
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

leoblima@hotmail.com Posted at 7-19 05:30
Thanks for you answer ! Can you tell me how did you downgraded ?

Assistant 2 - but you need a recent one that includes support fo rtthe Mini3 and RC...
DJI Assistant 2
Hook up your RC to a PC via USB.  I had to use the exposed port (not the one marked 'host' behind the removable cover).
2022-7-19
Use props
Marco899
lvl.3

Netherlands

My first batch from the mini 3 has the same issue. Support ask me to send in some files but never heard back from him.
2022-7-20
Use props
spruced_goose
New
Flight distance : 145604 ft
United States

I was excited to test out my new Mini 3 Pro but realized not only does autofocus not work, but infinite focus is not possible. I only see peaking show for objects around 12 ft away. Seems like a hardware issue and simply going to return and stay with my Air 2.
2022-7-21
Use props
Jdubs843
lvl.1
United States

My auto focus on the DJI Mini Pro 3 works to start the shot...in full focus and then after about a second or two, goes out of focus and holds the out of focus shot for the duration of the video. Anyone know a fix for this? I have read other forums but havent seen this exact issue. I am watching the screen of the mini RC and cant really tell until i look at it on a larger screen. Posting an example. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/LBz6PWR7kJs
2022-7-25
Use props
Runningman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2540919 ft
United Kingdom

I have just recieved a dji mini 3 and I have this problem it won't auto focus I've been trying to figure it out refreshed firmware still same problem it's being returned this is my third unit and got to admit its a ugly drone but I just keep giving it chance after chance connection problems auto focus signal strength just a bad drone so I'm done
2022-7-27
Use props
Monkey Station
lvl.2
Flight distance : 304944 ft
Indonesia

Jdubs843 Posted at 7-25 16:51
My auto focus on the DJI Mini Pro 3 works to start the shot...in full focus and then after about a second or two, goes out of focus and holds the out of focus shot for the duration of the video. Anyone know a fix for this? I have read other forums but havent seen this exact issue. I am watching the screen of the mini RC and cant really tell until i look at it on a larger screen. Posting an example. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/LBz6PWR7kJs

Did you try downgrading the firmware? I also have this problem on v01.00.0201but everything works fine on v01.00.0150. Use DJI Assistant 2 software to downgrade.
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_P8maH82nLXom
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_q2pxnlIryN6w Posted at 6-7 20:51
IDK I'm seeing a few YouTube videos showing this same issue after the last update. The tap to focus seems to be the issue on some units

Im having same issue as you as soon as I updated new software now drone wont focus!
2022-8-1
Use props
fans92c18fd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102293 ft
United States

Embrik Posted at 6-8 13:06
So, cautiously optimistic...
Just got done chatting with support, here's what they had me do that (so far) seems to have resolved the focus.  Still need another flight or two to call it good.
Download the DJI Assistant 2 PC app and launch it (not sure if you need to log into it, I did)

Dji mini 3 pro drone camera not focusing Again. I’m soo disappointed. I bought my first dji mini 3 pro .. just a little over three weeks ago. And I had to send in the first drone to get replaced. I just got my second drone today and after setting it up the camera again can’t focus at all. I’m soo mad right now. Mad as hell. I have spent more time shipping, waiting on these garbage products then actually using it for fun. Do they not inspect products before they ship it to customers? How disappointing is it to get a second drone in a row. That I can’t even see where rhe F*** I’m going because it so blurry. Come on dji. This is not the kind of attention you need. They better send me a new drone, new controller new everything. And they better have a manager inspect the f & thing before they send it my way. Or that’s it. I’ll upload the footage for everyone to see. It’s embarrassing. For a company to be complaicent like this. I can’t call anyone at dji right now because of the hours.
2022-8-3
Use props
fans92c18fd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102293 ft
United States

fans92c18fd3 Posted at 8-3 02:02
Dji mini 3 pro drone camera not focusing Again. I’m soo disappointed. I bought my first dji mini 3 pro .. just a little over three weeks ago. And I had to send in the first drone to get replaced. I just got my second drone today and after setting it up the camera again can’t focus at all. I’m soo mad right now. Mad as hell. I have spent more time shipping, waiting on these garbage products then actually using it for fun. Do they not inspect products before they ship it to customers? How disappointing is it to get a second drone in a row. That I can’t even see where rhe F*** I’m going because it so blurry. Come on dji. This is not the kind of attention you need. They better send me a new drone, new controller new everything. And they better have a manager inspect the f & thing before they send it my way. Or that’s it. I’ll upload the footage for everyone to see. It’s embarrassing. For a company to be complaicent like this. I can’t call anyone at dji right now because of the hours.

Downgrading didn’t do anything. Although this drone came with this issue out of the box. This is unbelievable.
2022-8-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans92c18fd3 Posted at 8-3 02:02

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. After further checking, we noticed that our team has sent you an email. Could you please have a check? Besides, you are advised to send the drone back at your convenience. Please rest assured. We will keep an eye on your case and try our best to help you out.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Runningman Posted at 7-27 09:55
I have just recieved a dji mini 3 and I have this problem it won't auto focus I've been trying to figure it out refreshed firmware still same problem it's being returned this is my third unit and got to admit its a ugly drone but I just keep giving it chance after chance connection problems auto focus signal strength just a bad drone so I'm done

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if your issue has been addressed or if you have already returned the drone? We are greatly sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have forwarded your feedback to our team and will keep improving to provide better service. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Marco899 Posted at 7-20 10:29
My first batch from the mini 3 has the same issue. Support ask me to send in some files but never heard back from him.

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. May we know if your issue has been addressed? We are sorry for the miss. Please tell us more detail about your issue. Please rest assured. We will try our best to help you out.
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_nCaSybnak3Pm
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here... Autofocus keeps cycling in and out of focus indoors or outdoors.  Where can I find help...new drone as of july
2022-8-6
Use props
felipefp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344639 ft
Brazil

I received it this week, no external flights, I noticed that the camera has a smudge when the drone is on, when at rest it disappears
2022-8-11
Use props
MiniFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10505 ft
Germany

I have a similar issue. Got my mini 3 pro drone a week ago and it is from 7/2022 according to the packaging. Autofocus is not reliable, especially in video mode. It seems for me that it prefers to focus the left corner and the rest is just blurry. With manual focusing i can get it to work, but when i turn the drone, it can unfocus again. It is very disappointing. I did already reinstall the firmware and it didnt change anything
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_VQ8GaevRO2Gr
lvl.1

Brazil

Do you have any news on this problem? Had people saying it’s a hardware problem (wrong cable) and others saying a downgrade solved it . Having the same issue here and just sent an email to DJI. Will try to downgrade and see what happens
2022-8-13
Use props
Mini3Flyer
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_VQ8GaevRO2Gr Posted at 8-13 09:50
Do you have any news on this problem? Had people saying it’s a hardware problem (wrong cable) and others saying a downgrade solved it . Having the same issue here and just sent an email to DJI. Will try to downgrade and see what happens

I've just downgraded my mini3pro and it improves AF a lot for me! So far focusing works well. I cannot recommend the newest firmware
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_VQ8GaevRO2Gr
lvl.1

Brazil

Mini3Flyer Posted at 8-14 09:09
I've just downgraded my mini3pro and it improves AF a lot for me! So far focusing works well. I cannot recommend the newest firmware

So I downgraded and did a few test flights. AF is working a little better, but not perfect. Still having issues focusing to infinity. Hope they make a better firmware or whatever
2022-8-14
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

No focus issues on my end with the latest firmware.
97B9214C-B635-47F0-B226-A06788A0AFD1.jpeg
B1DB6E23-0382-4277-A301-B9F24FFA3CCB.jpeg
2022-8-14
Use props
Mini3Flyer
lvl.2
Germany

djiuser_VQ8GaevRO2Gr Posted at 8-14 14:34
So I downgraded and did a few test flights. AF is working a little better, but not perfect. Still having issues focusing to infinity. Hope they make a better firmware or whatever

I hope they can fix it. It is quite weird, that some get these AF problems with the newest firmware and some not at all. Do they use slightly other hardware in some drones? I hope this AF issue is fixed with a new software.
2022-8-14
Use props
felipefp
lvl.1
Brazil

reinstalled the latest firmware and reset camera defaults, it worked for me
2022-8-15
Use props
Mini3Flyer
lvl.2
Germany

felipefp Posted at 8-15 07:31

Did you first install the latest firmware and then reset to camera defaults or other way round?
2022-8-15
Use props
felipefp
lvl.1
Brazil

Mini3Flyer Posted at 8-15 07:57
Did you first install the latest firmware and then reset to camera defaults or other way round?

reinstall first, than reset camera defaults
2022-8-16
Use props
Mini3Flyer
lvl.2
Germany

felipefp Posted at 8-16 07:24
reinstall first, than reset camera defaults

Thanks, it didnt work for me unfortunately auto focus still trash
2022-8-16
Use props
Mini3Flyer
lvl.2
Germany

The new Firmware is not helping either.. This honestly sucks
2022-8-18
Use props
ejret
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7106 ft
United States

Same problem here. I have done all suggested troubleshooting without any success. Manual focus working fine.
2022-9-4
Use props
ejret
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7106 ft
United States

Got a phone call from the customer service, then an email with some steps for troubleshooting the issue. I did all steps described below but the problem still persist. Now waiting for a reply about what to do next.

RESET CAMERA PARAMETERS
Open DJI Fly app
Tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner of the camera view.
Go to the camera settings and scroll down till you see then tap RESET CAMERA PARAMETERS.

Once done check if auto focus works, If the issue still persist, please follow the next steps below.

GIMBAL CALIBRATION
From the Camera view Tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner.
Select Control
Go to GIMBAL Calibration
follow the on screen instructions and finish the calibration.

Once done check if auto focus works, If the issue still persist, please follow the next steps below.

FIRMWARE REFRESH
On your computer/laptop download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) thru this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
After the download install the program DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Restart your computer/laptop
Connect your drone to the computer/laptop, Once it the computer/laptop boots back up.
Open DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) and select the blue box that has the name of the connected device.
Click firmware upgrade and on the next page click the REFRESH button in blue color.
Wait for the process to finish up.
Unplug the device and Restart it.
2022-9-6
Use props
mikjus
New
Finland

I crashed my mini 3 pro couple times and last time i broke its front arm. Collision avoidance is very bad with branches of leafy tree like birch  No warranty cause i bought it from other country. Got new arm and replaced it myself. Put it back together and it works but camera is not focusing at all? Not even manually? Only focuses from very near, like couple of centimeters. Tried all things in this thread. What could cause this, maybe something went wrong with reassembly? Was working before and it doesnt give me any errors. I have some gimball problems too, it gives loud noise on some positions but still works. Looks like gimball has some cracks from my first crash and sound started after it.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_ZTmhlxwgpgid
New

United Kingdom

So, i just had mine delivered today and have the same problem. Auto fucus is out and all is blurred. If I try and take a photo, it seems to fucus for a brief second before going out of fucus again.  So, I brought it home, checked all settings in case it was me, and exactly the same. Hmmmm
2022-10-3
Use props
IMRAN™
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29062 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely annoying to get a $1500 drone to take on a road trip after 3 years of no travel and it has zero focusing.
2022-10-8
Use props
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

Same issue here, this is a replacement drone. Auto focus just keeps pulsating in and out of focus...so disappointed.
2022-10-8
Use props
Drone_Simon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202385 ft
Germany

Dear DJI, i received my 2nd NEW drone because the first one got signal range problems. Now the 2nd one got the autofocus problems …. Is it a software or a hardware problem?  Please DJI …. it’s so disappointed that nothing work right. I wrote again DJI Germany but no response yet…. Please fix all the problems for the DJI MINI 3 Pro… it could be a very good drone for everyone but not with all these problems! My request number is 4599541.
2022-10-10
Use props
djiuser_VNOk8X2ToJPe
New

India

felipefp Posted at 8-15 07:31

How can reset camera?
2022-10-16
Use props
Moralo_14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186893 ft
Spain

Hello everyone, I have the same problem on my mini 3 pro, the autofocus does not work correctly, but the manual focus works correctly.

I have contacted DJI support and after resetting camera settings, reinstalling firmware 01.00.0300 and running various tests I am still having the same issues with autofocus.

Does anyone know if DJI is working on a firmware update to fix this?

I wouldn't want to have to send my mini 3 pro in for repair if a firmware update fixes this.
My request number is #4601349, Thanks.
2022-10-16
Use props
Moralo_14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 186893 ft
Spain

Have autofocus issues been fixed in the 2022.10.26 update?
2022-10-27
Use props
guidexp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384373 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my new DJI mini 3 Pro after using mini 2 for about two years. I was very excited to try a new one and got it on my trip. At first, I thought that picture is blurry only on the RC due to connectivity, but when I checked the video from the drone it was all garbage (((  I just reinstalled the firmware and it seems to be working better inside my room, but I will do some test flights tomorrow and will post an update.

a photo directly from the drone

a photo directly from the drone
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_khMrwmxCLiFy
New

United States

I'm having this exact same issue with my brand new Mini 3.  The only "fix" is to land the drone, and power cycle it.  It seems sporatic.
2022-11-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules